Firefox 3.0.7 released

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yesterday Mozilla released 3.0.7 - focusing on 8 security issues in 3.0.6 6 of which were critical.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0.7/releasenotes/
Quote:
The six critical flaws affect the browser's garbage collection--which monitors how Firefox modules use the computer's memory--as well as the browser's PNG libraries and in the layout and JavaScript engines.

Mozilla developers said they weren't sure the layout and JavaScript flaws could be exploited.

"Some of these crashes showed evidence of memory corruption under certain circumstances and we presume that with enough effort at least some of these could be exploited to run arbitrary code," Mozilla said in an advisory.
Moderator Remark: Added changelog link
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• uighur
  • Born
  • Born
  • uighur

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firefox 3.0.7
Internet Explorer 8.0

?
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the information ATNO/TW, I will check it.
  • Ruhana
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ruhana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Thanks for the information about latest Firefox 3.0.7 can you send me some latest Firefox toolbar

Thanks!
  • rachelbles
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rachelbles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am happy that firefox has been always releasing new versions but I am staying with the old version (firefox 2) because some of the add ons are not applicable to the new version of firefox
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

rachelbles wrote:
I am happy that firefox has always been releasing new versions but I am staying with the old version (firefox 2) because some of the add ons are not applicable to the new version of firefox

I remember feeling similarly about Netscape 4.7. I was still using that for years after the world was changing around me. Now I ask myself, "What was I thinking?"

"The only constant is change".

I like my analog TV too, and want to hang onto it (it works as good as when I bought it), but when all of the US is going digital high definition, what good is it going to do me?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There also happen to be some MAJOR memory leaks in FF2 that have been fixed in FF3. A couple of incompatible addons, in my opinion, are not sufficient reasons for refusing to upgrade.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts