Firefox 4.0.1

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me be the first to post about the browser... I think that this version is much better then the previous version, but that's the idea behind updating though so mission accomplished. I'll take the way the tab is placed above the address bar rather then with the address bar as it is in IE9. This version seems to be faster then the previous version (and I'd hope for it to, since upgrading should mean getting a better version rather then worse). I also like how they did the status like Chrome does... hides it until there's actually a status available to show, in which case, it shows it at the bottom left unobtrusively.

One thing I noticed in this version (which apparently was available in previous versions but went unnoticed by me) is Firefox Sync. I noticed it through the menu found on clicking the orange tab that is titled "Firefox" on the top-left corner. This is the main reason for this post :lol: has anyone used that service in Firefox? And how has it served you so far? What do you think about it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

firefox is ftw, there was a bump in the road for a while but as all ways firefox is kicking ass like it should be.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those who didn't know 5.0 is released and has security and stability updates.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am still on 4.0.1, mite have to look into that
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kind of weird that after a Month since Firefox 4 came out, they already released Firefox 5
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm that is a point but v4 could of been the testing version for v5 and they must of got it right and tweaked the code for the next release.

need to check the changelog
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think so... it was a bit of time between v3 and v4.

The only thing that I noticed that's added to v5 that wasn't present in v4 is tab grouping and application tabbing although I'm sure there are some that I'm missing.

Here is one "bug" that I just now found out... I had a cnet open (The one you posted in one of my other threads) and in another I was trying to type "mozilla.com", but when I got to "mo" my address bar changed the the url of that cnet and it suggested I switch to that tab (I think this is a v5 feature... related to tab grouping). so in the end (When I continue typing Mozilla) it ended up to be htzilla (from http://www.cnet.au...)

Oh well...
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol cnet must of paid a truck load for that bug haha

hhmm just thinking do we really need to de-compile the program to figure out what they have done.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, try to open it in Ubuntu ;) (I think... everytime I tried to install Firefox 5, and opened the .exe (against my better knowledge) it opened the gedit showing the source...) It's probably something different than what I think it is though.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

that can not be right like how could gedit show the decompiled source, would it be something like when putting a exe in notepad you get some gobble pook stuff in the txt but this has got my interest. Trying to find my ubuntu USB gotta check this out
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was just forced to 5.0 today

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts