found a possible injected Anonymous msg on my video site

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not making this post to spam for my site i moreso found it funny and strange.

I have not done work on my site for weeks and weeks.....like can't remember the last time i added vid's to it within the last 2-3 months. So i pay my bill and so some video surfing and start checking things out and cleaning up then i find several vid's they don't fit the profile of my site and starting to think something is wrong when i see "racist Mc Donalds ad" video and msg "from Anonymous to Scientology". Mind you this is a gaming starcraft web site lol.

i am thinking i been hacked or sql injected of some degree but nothing seams to be touched really and it is all still working and nothing is running in the background so yea i am a little puzzled right now about how these unrelated content has made it to my site without me knowing.

One thing i would like to ask, where would be the best place to look for strange activity on cpanel/server? just trying to confirm if it was human error or not sure what else.......lol.

but yea figured it was just weird..........
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have root access and are you able to look at things via SSH? There could be numerous things to look at. I would start first in log files to see if anything stands out differently than normal.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea i got root access, VPS server from NDC. hhmm but like i have a unbruteable password 26 long only way in i guess would be exploit.

hhmm any certian logs u suggest.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts