Free software the double edged sword

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I am trying to install BugZilla, and just find it funny that there are more bugs in Bugzilla, than the application I am trying to debug.

For example, their install instructions, when followed correcly have huge gaps in installation flow.

Just find it frustrating..it's free, but it's pain in the ass...but it's free...but pain...but...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sometimes paying for something and getting the quality you paid for is strangely satisfying :D

on the other hand, you're still blessed - think of the number of people who shell out good money for a product to realise it's still a pain in the ass.... but they paid good money... but pain... but...
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Free software is like the rejected color cart in the paint department at Home Depot. Sometimes you find exactly what you need or something that you can make work, for very little cost.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Free software is like the rejected color cart in the paint department at Home Depot. Sometimes you find exactly what you need or something that you can make work, for very little cost.

Haha, that is so true. I painted almost my entire house with rejected home depot paints. I basically bought about 3 or 4 colors, then mixed them together until I got good colored paints.

Here is some stuff I painted with rejected paints. I even painted some decent wall art with those rejected paints.

http://www.bodydot.com/gallery-10904-Re ... llery.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts