• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This victim gets some special questions
;)

Let's get to know Geekette!!!

1. How did you become on Open-Source evangelist?

2. Where are you going to college?

3. What's your favorite meal or restaurant?

4. Age ?

5. What, if any, are your plans for your future?

6. Tell us about where you live.

7. What/When/How/Why did you become a webmaster, or why do you want to become a webmaster?

8. Tell us about your first kiss.

9. Tell us about your best quality (real or imagined).

10. Who is your hero?

Please take your time, you've got a whole week to answer.

btw: going back to one person a week. what was I thinking?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Alan Lastufka
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: ChicagoLand, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

11. Simpsons or Family Guy?

12. Pepsi or Coke?

13. Dreamweaver or Go Live?

14. Nirvana or Pearl Jam?

15. Nintendo or Nintendo? :)
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OOoo, the new episode is out.. I can't wait to see the outcome!

I loved the episode where it was totally turned around on dM :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol -- I love the way dM picks on us mods first! Can't wait to see who he goes after next!
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has he done Unflux yet? (I don't usually hang out here in General Discussion so I think I missed some)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think UNFLUX has been victimized yet. I'll bet he grits his teeth when he is. I guess musik is watching the Australian open right now. I don't know, but if I lived in the host city...I'd be there...Especially with Agassi in the semi's tonight? That is tonight, (or today in Australia? correct? -- I'm not very good with time zones)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I'm glad to see someone besides me enjoys this. :)

I haven't intentionally picked mods. I didn't even know Axe was a mod until yesterday.

btw: thanks for adding some questions Alan!

Now where is Geekette?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, it is good fun to get to know people better..

i dont think unflux has been picked on yet 8)
good idea DM :iconthumbright:
  • Alan Lastufka
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote wrote:
...has been picked on yet...

Picked on? I think these fine people would consider it an honor, no?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I didn't even know Axe was a mod until yesterday.

Don't worry, I wasn't a mod til yesterday anyway ;)
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, joy! :D I don't have anything to say that is as interesting or eloquent as some of the others, but here goes!

1. How did you become on Open-Source evangelist?
I fell in love with the Open-Source Movement shortly after it was introduced to me by a friend who is a very aggressive Linux evangelist. It just makes sense that anything that is tested and improved upon by so many people would be infinitely better than a closed-source project.

2. Where are you going to college?
Right now I'm thinking about the University of Florida. It's one of the best in the state and has great engineering and agricultural programs. It also doesn't hurt that my uncle is a professor of engineering there. :D But who knows, I'm only a sophomore, so I have a while to decide yet.

3. What's your favorite meal or restaurant?
I don't have a favorite meal or restaurant, but I do have a major weakness for chocolate! I'm not very picky about food, and I'll eat anything but sea food.

4. Age ?
15 (16 on April 14th!)

5. What, if any, are your plans for your future?
Besides going to college I really have no idea. I don't even have any idea what I'm going to study in college...

6. Tell us about where you live.
I've lived in Florida all my life so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It's pretty nice here, no complaints. Except, perhaps, the lack of snow. :wink:

7. What/When/How/Why did you become a webmaster, or why do you want to become a webmaster?
It all started back in the 6th grade when I decided to make a webpage for a game. Even though it was on Expage, and I wasn't even using HTML, I decided that it was something that I'd like to continue learning about. I've recently begun moving away from web design, however. I still enjoy doing it but it's not something that I could make a career out of, so I'm moving onto bigger things!

8. Tell us about your first kiss.
Never been kissed! :shock: Like I've stated somewhere previously, I find dating in high school silly. Besides, who'd want to kiss the quiet, nerdy girl?

I guess that would be my passion for learning. Not too many kids my age enjoy learning as I do, and that disappoints me. Knowledge is power! (Hehe, really cheesy quote, but a great one nonetheless.)

10. Who is your hero?
My grandfather. He's taught me so much about everything, has a warm heart, strong opinions, and has battled with cancer and won. I love and appreciate him more than he knows.

11. Simpsons or Family Guy?
Ouch, that's a tough one. I guess Family Guy...no Simpsons, no...agh! Lol, this is the most difficult question, and I'm not going to answer it. :-p

12. Pepsi or Coke?
Neither, really. I've recently stopped drinking sodas and when I did drink them it was usually root beer.

13. Dreamweaver or Go Live?
Haven't used either.

14. Nirvana or Pearl Jam?
Nirvana!

15. Nintendo or Nintendo?
Lol, I'm not a gamer, but I guess I'll have to go with Nintendo! :wink:

Thank you for choosing me this week, I do truly feel honored. :-)
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
*lol -- I love the way dM picks on us mods first! Can't wait to see who he goes after next!

Well... when are we going to see a "getting to know digitalMedia". Maybe some people that know him a little better could conspire to offer some interesting questions. haha!
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

• wookey
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette said:
Quote:
Besides, who'd want to kiss the quiet, nerdy girl?

many im sure : )
any guy who's worth his salt can see through the whole stereotype thing, :wink:

after all, who's to say the "quiet nerdy girl" isnt actually the "quiet, sincere, affectionate, pleasent, friendly and.. (deliberate word replacement ;) )... intelligent girl?

anyway, like you say high school dating is daft really, its often all about image at that stage,
i used to let that get to me, but its honestly not worth it : )
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Oh, joy! :D I don't have anything to say that is as interesting or eloquent as some of the others, but here goes!

yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know better.

Quote:
4. Age ?
15 (16 on April 14th!)

Wow! I was guessing 17 or 18 already.

Quote:
I guess that would be my passion for learning. Not too many kids my age enjoy learning as I do, and that disappoints me. Knowledge is power! (Hehe, really cheesy quote, but a great one nonetheless.)

Absolutely!!!

Quote:
10. Who is your hero?
My grandfather. He's taught me so much about everything, has a warm heart, strong opinions, and has battled with cancer and won. I love and appreciate him more than he knows.

Grandfathers kick. When I was kid, i had it figured that my Grandfather was the only guy in the world that could whip my Dad. hahahahah.

Quote:
Thank you for choosing me this week, I do truly feel honored. :-)

Thanks for answering. ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great answers Geekette!! :D I think its wonderful for young people to have so much enthusiasm for learning :D
  • Alan Lastufka
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great answers Geekette...

"Nirvana!"

Awesome... we would get along famously!
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette wrote:

Hmmm, while wanting to learn is very important it does not neccessarilly make you knowledgable. In gradeschool I never wanted to learn what my teachers would want to teach me, only because I knew what they were teaching and had no interest in listening. I always did very well on standardized tests and stuff, but I had terrible grades. I started wanting to learn prolly freshman year in HS because I liked my teachers and had classes to choose from, but Knowledge IS power :D .
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I've lived in Florida all my life so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It's pretty nice here, no complaints. Except, perhaps, the lack of snow.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: I wish when I came how from school all I had to worry about was shoveling the sun off the driveway...
my kindom for a snowplow
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol IH8Puple..nothin' like a good blast of Artic air to get the snow plows rolling, eh?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nego wrote:

Knowledge is power! (Hehe, really cheesy quote, but a great one nonetheless.)

Not at all "cheesy" Nego...learn from it. It is a truth known by those who go places in life. Not a good one to belittle. I'll defend that one to the end. (and yes...I did see the "great one none-the-less" part of your post....just wanted to make sure some of the youngsters amongst us saw that and understood it.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
*lol IH8Puple..nothin' like a good blast of Artic air to get the snow plows rolling, eh?

The only thing that seem to get the snow plows coming down my street is my shoveling the driveway, because then they can annoy me more...
maybe I should adopt a more religious approach
"What God gives, God will take way... until then, drive over it"

Quote:
Knowledge is Power

yeah, well what if I hit it with... stuff first, hun, yeah then whats so powerful, thats right :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

IH8Purple wrote:
The only thing that seem to get the snow plows coming down my street is my shoveling the driveway, because then they can annoy me more...
maybe I should adopt a more religious approach
"What God gives, God will take way... until then, drive over it"

I love that! too "cool"!!
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

by your picture and what you post I thought you were already in college... :oops: anyways very good answers to the interrogation :lol:
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Nego wrote:

Knowledge is power! (Hehe, really cheesy quote, but a great one nonetheless.)

Not at all "cheesy" Nego...learn from it. It is a truth known by those who go places in life. Not a good one to belittle. I'll defend that one to the end. (and yes...I did see the "great one none-the-less" part of your post....just wanted to make sure some of the youngsters amongst us saw that and understood it.

I didn't say it was "cheesy" or nething of the sort, that was a quote from Geekete. I will never belittle the power of an intellectual in any way whatsoever, actually my favorite quote is "The only good is Knowledge and the only evil is ignorance" (socrates). The point of my post was that the ability to want to learn does not necessarily determine a person's knowledge.
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

wookey wrote:
many im sure

Ah ha! Look out Geekette, the line up is already forming! No surprise! Not putting myself in that line, for obvious reasons... it is nice to know you. Good luck with all your future plans. :-)

I missed this: http://www.ozzu.com/general-discussion/getting-know-you-t20399.html

For some reason I thought he was due. haha!
  • wookey
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, :oops:

just trying to make the point that i wouldnt call Geekette un-attractive, and that no one is ever simply 'the quiet nerdy one', there's almost always a lot more to people than stereotyping would have you think, :wink:
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, thanks guys, I feel so special. :-p

Quote:
any guy who's worth his salt can see through the whole stereotype thing,

after all, who's to say the "quiet nerdy girl" isnt actually the "quiet, sincere, affectionate, pleasent, friendly and.. (deliberate word replacement )... intelligent girl?

Heh, the problem is that I'm too shy or whatever to actually initiate a conversation with anyone. Thus, no one ever actually gets to know me. 'Tis a major character flaw of mine, I really do need to get over it.
  • wookey
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

he, i know the feeling exactly :oops: its still a bit of a flaw of mine too when i'm feeling a bit on the nervy side :?, but it does get a little easier later on,

i think the main thing to remember is it dosn't really matter what other people think of you, if you chat to someone you like and they enjoy the experience, then great, you'll both gain a lot from it and enjoy yourselves, or if the person seems to build a negative impression of you when you try and talk to them then they really wern't worth being nervous for anyway and you can just move on and forget them, ;)
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette wrote
Quote:
Besides, who'd want to kiss the quiet, nerdy girl?

I answer
"Never judge a book by its cover"

You know Geekette some time ago I was just like you too, but I have been making some changes in my character lately, Im getting upgradted with every day experience. Just think that you are unique in this world.. that helped me a lot :) :wink:

And I have to agree with wookey, only but a fool would not dare to kiss a girl as beautiful as you. :wink: 8) :lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 40 posts