Getting to know you: labrego

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I think it's about time the Ozzu community got to know a little something about our newest moderator: labrego

And so begins the interrogation...

1. What does your handle mean?

2. Age?(if you dare or care to answer)

3. What are you doing right now? Work? School? Being a bum?

4. Tell us about where you live.

5. What's with all the cats?

6. Single? Married? To one of the cats perhaps? Kids?

7. How did you find your way into Ozzu? What kept you here? What's your favorite category, and/or forum?

8. Tell us about hobbies you like that don't involve a computer.

9. Favorite food and/or restaurant?

10. What, if any, are your plans for your future?

You have one week to respond, or this section of the MySQL database will explode. Bigwebmaster will be unhappy if you are responsible for putting a hole in his server, so I'd snap to it. :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

lucassix wrote:

Matrix?
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah thats Matrix. The one where his mouth gets covered up and they shove a mechanical shrimp into his belly button!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

11. If you had to look like one of the Ozzu smileys for the rest of your life which one would it be?

12. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?

13. One word that describes yourself

14. How old were you when you first got into computers?

15. Have you ever been arrested?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

I know going by one of his pictures he submitted to the "love" photography competition that he has a daughter. That could be incorrect, although i recall him saying "they grow up soo fast" kinda thing :lol:
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh boy, I think you got me Dave, I'll spend some time on this on the weekend.

SB, "they grow up so fast" = "darn, I am getting old waaay to fast" :lol:
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The people demand answers!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

By now, had you been in Keanu Reeves seat you wouldn't have a mouth, or really much to be honest...I think Ozzu should start implementing these procedures...yeah?

Having said that, we dont know much about our other recently added moderators such as Katana :wink:
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

<cough> bump <cough> :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

/me snores in the corner
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, Ok, here it is, I'm sorry for the delay, but I warn you I am a booooring guy, so continue reading at your own risk :P

1. What does your handle mean?
A. It is easy, labrego = Luis Abrego, my real name. The Larz sig came from my youth (a long time ago, I know *lol) when I played the drums in a local band with some friends.

2. Age?(if you dare or care to answer)
A. I am turning 39 in August. The 15th of August to be exact. Any volunteers to throw me a party?

3. What are you doing right now? Work? School? Being a bum?
A. A bum most of the time, you are right. On the other hand I am working here in Monterrey for a Telemarketing company, I am developing software for database management mostly. Aside from this, I spend all my free time at Ozzu and most of the weekends (when there's money) with my daughters :wink:

4. Tell us about where you live.
A. I live in Monterrey, Mexico, at almost 3 hours from the border of Laredo Tx or McAllen Tx. It is a city near the hills of the Sierra Madre, the biggest mountain system here in Mexico. The weather is mild but it can be really hot sometimes (104 F in the mid summer, not as hot as Texas but alike).The greatest thing is that we can run away from the rush of the city every weekend just by taking the car and driving 30 minutes to any of the near hills. Here's an eagle shot of Monterrey with the Silla hills in the middle:

5. What's with all the cats?
A. I love the cats, I grew up surrounded by hundreds of cats with my mom, so make a guess *meow :lol:

6. Single? Married? To one of the cats perhaps? Kids?
A. This is so funny.. to one of the cats? :)
Ahh, the hard question. Well, I am divorced, for a second time unfortunately, but what the heck? that's life and that's another story to tell. Right now I have two daughters, Laura (15) and Rebeca (14), and two step-daughters, Stephanie ( 18 ) and Katherine (16). Unfortunately, none of them lives with me by now but I see them almost every weekend. If you want to know them, here are some photos:

Stephanie and Kathernie

Laura

Rebeca

Laura, Rebeca and Me (when I had mustache) at Chipinque, one of the biggest natural reservoir here in Monterrey

7. How did you find your way into Ozzu? What kept you here? What's your favorite category, and/or forum?
A. I can't remember exactly how I found Ozzu, I think I was looking for some information on Internet Explorer or some thing like that and I stumbled in here, and you already know the rest: Ozzu IS ADDICTIVE!

A2. You guys are my reason to stay here :)

A3. My favorite is the windows forum.

8. Tell us about hobbies you like that don't involve a computer.
A. I am mostly a lonely man, I like to be alone and don't like crowded spaces and noisy people so I developed a great love for books and personal learning that makes me read for hours and researching on the internet. I also practice Aikido and some weightlifting, but definitively my favorite hobby is to spend time with my daughters :)

9. Favorite food and/or restaurant?
A. 'cmon!, Mexican Food of course *lol

10. What, if any, are your plans for your future?
A. This last months have been terrible for me and I am barely beginning to breathe, so my immediate plans are to strengthen my finances by obtaining a new job and later get my daughters to live with me. I am trying to live one day at a time.

11. If you had to look like one of the Ozzu smileys for the rest of your life which one would it be?
A. It would be this one :band: it remind me of my youth *lol

12. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
A. hmm 39 + 15 = 54... my God, I better not think about that for now! :lol:

13. One word that describes yourself
A. Patience, or at least that's what my daughters say, that I am a patient father :roll:

14. How old were you when you first got into computers?
A. I remember the first computer my dad brought home, it was a tape computer, and the first thing I learned was how to play checkers :D I was about 12 years old.

15. Have you ever been arrested?
A: Thank God no, never. Even though I wasn't an angel when I was young I never got into trouble.

If you come all the way down here I should say thank you, I hope I wasn't too boring
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nicely done indeed. ;)
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can we get a round of applause for Labrego?

A good sport, a fine mod and all around nice guy.

Also, for those of you who do not realize... it's ok for non-mods to ask questions. :twisted:

So if you have follow-up questions for Mr. Labrego, please bring them forth.

Cheers.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

*Avoids all tempting question about labrego's daughters*

As a young gentleman, may I just say they are beautiful girls. Well done, chap.

As for a real question: What got you into the programming world? For instance, I got started in a local ISP's web chat program, moved into IRC, took over the server, and etc. What gave you that feeling that this is what you like to do?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

16. Seeing as you're a fine Mexican lad, can you dance any latin dances?

17. What do you do when noone is looking?

18. What's the grossest thing you've ever eaten?

19. Have you ever travelled outside Mexico? If so tell us about the countries you've visited.

20. How tall are you?

21. What's in the trunk of your car?

22. Do you have any useless talents? If so tell us about them and how you discovered them.

23. Favorite childhood memory?

24. Name your top 5 fave bands/musicians

25. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
  • Tredlyn
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: University of Pittsburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

26. What do you think about when you hear the words love, shady, and twenty-three

27. What is your most embarrassing memory?

28. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

29. Whats your favorite book?

30. Since you are into learning, what's the best thing you've learned recently?

31. Any advice for us newcomers to ozzu?

32. Do you believe in aliens?

33. If you were in front of 5000 people what would you say?

34. What is your favorite question that has been asked of you so far?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool profile Luis. I have a friend who moved to Mexico years ago, do they really have road runners over there? heh

HOLY SCHAMOLEY at that mountain!!! and all the city around it!! omg that is too weird! I have never seen anything like it!! AWESOME!!!

Wow that is really amazing.

As for cats, I used to have a cat years ago, I called it Axl. heh.

Your step/daughters are beautiful, they look like really sweet girls I bet they have you twisted around their little finger!!!

And hey you know there IS such thing as third time lucky! Ask my man, he is same as you divorced twice, this time is certainly the lucky one :lol: (or so I keep telling him! hehe)

I'm a lot like you, I prefer to be alone - or places where there are not big crowds of people (unless its a meaningful gathering where there are lots of people).

Mexican food is mmm mmm mmm!! God bless Old El Passo, second rate to real mexican food but it does the job!!

Hahaha at the smileys choice. I really wouldnt have picked you for that one ;)

Your far from boring, I think your fab!!! *hugs*

xxx Rose

PS: lol at all the late comer questions!!! :lol:
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

VIVA LUIS!

lol
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Cool profile Luis. I have a friend who moved to Mexico years ago, do they really have road runners over there? heh

Yes, we have, in some parts of Mexico like the Sonora desert

Quote:
Your step/daughters are beautiful, they look like really sweet girls I bet they have you twisted around their little finger!!!

HAHA, you bet :lol:

Quote:
And hey you know there IS such thing as third time lucky! Ask my man, he is same as you divorced twice, this time is certainly the lucky one :lol: (or so I keep telling him! hehe)

Thank you Rose, I won't lose my faith :wink:

Quote:
Mexican food is mmm mmm mmm!! God bless Old El Passo, second rate to real mexican food but it does the job!!

If some day you come to Monterrey I'll take you to some of the best Mexican food restaurants around here

Quote:
Your far from boring, I think your fab!!! *hugs*

Thanks Rose, hugs to you too *un beso*

613flavah wrote:
VIVA LUIS!

lol

Thanks Jimena, *hugs
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

16. What got you into the programming world?
A. My first approach to programming was with BASIC on an Apple IIc when I was a youngster - for you who dont't even know what the heck was an Apple IIc, so take a look: Here - My Dad introduced me to computers and programming in those years when you are curious about everything. I remember he used to have his desk full of CB Radios, Teletypes and computers in my room and we spent a lot of time playing with all that stuff.

17. Seeing as you're a fine Mexican lad, can you dance any latin dances?
A. You name it babe, we all mexican have Salsa, Mambo and Cha Cha Cha in our blood :wink:

18. What do you do when noone is looking?
A. hehe I sing and dance in front of the mirror playing air drums.

19. What's the grossest thing you've ever eaten?
A. Fried crickets! I ate them in Oaxaca once. Not bad really, but knowing they were crickets... yuk!
http://www.honeybird.net/chapulines.html

20. Have you ever travelled outside Mexico? If so tell us about the countries you've visited.
A. I didn't travel as much as you, the farthest part I've been from Mexico is Dallas and San Antonio :P I want to go o Aspen next year, but that's only plans.

21. How tall are you?
A. 1.91 meters, that's 6.2 in foots (think so)

22. What's in the trunk of your car?
A. All sorts of things from my daughters, books from school, a few handbags, a sweater from Stephanie and my sports bag. I have checked it this morning HA Oh, and an umbrella I used when Emily hited our city last week.

23. Do you have any useless talents? If so tell us about them and how you discovered them.
A. Like a goat impression and that sort of things? *lol I can make a pig impression :pig:

24. Favorite childhood memory?
A. Every christmas we pass at my grandparents house. I wish I could live that again *sigh

25. Name your top 5 fave bands/musicians
A.
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Live
    Nirvana
    Enigma

26. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
A. Well, if you are christian, as I am, the chicken came first as the Christian Bible says that chicken came first. If you have a different religion, you may have a different belief on how life on earth came to be. Which ever answer you gave it's okay, you'll never satisfy everyone.

27. What do you think about when you hear the words love, shady, and twenty-three
A. Love: God
Shady: vacations?? *lol
Twenty-three: darn! I am old...

28. What is your most embarrassing memory?
A. hehe, In a concert once, we had installed the drums in a steel platform and everything fell down with me, at the first song *rofl luckily for me it was only 3 feets tall.

29. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
A. In some place like Hawaii, or a distant island, not desert but not too crowded.

30. Whats your favorite book?
A. Every book from Oscar Wilde, specially 'Lord Arthur Savile's Crime and Other Stories', I loved The Canterville Ghost story when I was 10 years old.

31. Since you are into learning, what's the best thing you've learned recently?
A. Never lose your faith :wink: (thanks J)

32. Any advice for us newcomers to ozzu?
A. Contribute all you can to make this the best forums forever.

33. Do you believe in aliens?
A. I think I do. I can't believe that, being our universe as big as it is, we are the only planet with life. Maybe there's another planet somewhere, with people making themselves the same question. But, I am not paranoic to believe in stories like the X files.

34. If you were in front of 5000 people what would you say?
A. WAZAAAAAAAAA!!! :P

35. What is your favorite question that has been asked of you so far?
A. All of them.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahaha omg I so love you. your music tastes are just like mine! I have all that music!!! Hey-yah! Wow, your kinda like the male version of myself :shock:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Certainly has been a humorous topic. Your definatly an interesting person Labrego! Good on you!
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

First, your responses were sapient and insightful.

Second, I must take a moment to compliment you on your grasp of the English language. Knowing that this is a second (or more) for you, prompts me to appreciate your precise use of the idiom and its grammatical structure. I am duly impressed; something that does not occur often enough. :)

If only the vast majority of our own, primarily English speaking (ok, American and English, Musik :) ) were so capable... it would certainly make for interesting reading here at Ozzu.

Bravo.

Cheers.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

*cough cough* and CANADIANS!! :lol:

thank you for taking the time to answer those questions labrego I had a smile the whole time I was reading them.

Wow, you're tall for a latino. Do you have white decendency? I do and have noticed that those that do are normally taller than the average native roots latins.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey! you shouldn't include me in puns I don't get :lol:
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Musik wrote:
ahaha omg I so love you. your music tastes are just like mine! I have all that music!!! Hey-yah! Wow, your kinda like the male version of myself

Thanks Rosie, I love you too. I know you like that music because you seem to be a cool woman. I loved your last avatar where you were wearing shades

SB wrote:
Certainly has been a humorous topic. Your definatly an interesting person Labrego! Good on you!

Thanks SB, I hope to have you on the prisioners' bench soon too, Katana is next :D

Daemonguy wrote:
First, your responses were sapient and insightful.

Second, I must take a moment to compliment you on your grasp of the English language. Knowing that this is a second (or more) for you, prompts me to appreciate your precise use of the idiom and its grammatical structure. I am duly impressed; something that does not occur often enough. Smile

If only the vast majority of our own, primarily English speaking (ok, American and English, Musik Smile ) were so capable... it would certainly make for interesting reading here at Ozzu.

Certainly coming from you my friend, after seeing how you fence sentences in a magnificent way with our Mexican "you know who", it is an invaluable compliment *bow

613Flavah wrote:
thank you for taking the time to answer those questions labrego I had a smile the whole time I was reading them.

Wow, you're tall for a latino. Do you have white decendency? I do and have noticed that those that do are normally taller than the average native roots latins

Some of them were answered specially for you J :wink:

The parents of my father came from United States, actually my father is an American citizen, and the family from my mother, according to what I have researched, came from Spain. So, I am technically Mexican-American-Spaniard, but I only have a Mexican citizenship. The height comes from my mother's family, all my relatives from her side are very tall.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
21. What's in the trunk of your car?

25. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im still laughing at your questions :lol: after 5 min :shock:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts