Getting to know you: musik

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw this in another forum and I really enjoyed it because it gave people a chance to learn more about the people in the community, and therefore make the community a little closer. So I'd like to attempt this here.

Once per week, on wednesday night, I intend to single out a single forumite and put them in the hot seat, so we can all learn a little more about that person. I'll administer a standardized set of questions, but please feel free to add questions for that person, when you think it's appropriate.

Please PM me with suggestions for victims.

So, with no further explanation...

Let's get to know MUSIK!!!

1. Tell us about your employment situation or area of study in school.

2. Tell us about your education (formal or otherwise).

3. What's your favorite meal or restaurant?

4. Age (if you dare or care to answer)?

5. What, if any, are your plans for your future?

6. Tell us about where you live.

7. What/When/How/Why did you become a webmaster, or why do you want to become a webmaster?

8. Tell us about your first kiss.

9. Tell us about your best quality (real or imagined).

10. Who is your hero?

Please take your time, you've got a whole week to answer.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Meh, I'm bored at work at the moment, so here it is!! (thanks for asking me!!) :lol:

1. Tell us about your employment situation or area of study in school: I work full time for a plumbing & building products company in their marketing department. My role involves creation & updating of the company's many websites, and other general advertising & media development (brochures, pricelists, display stands etc). As well as the boring stuff like marketing accounting, statistics etc. I'm pretty lucky to have a job that I came into with limited program knowledge (I'd worked in advertising but had limited design knowledge) and I am proud to say in the nearly 2 years I have been here I've become really good at Illustrator & InDesign & Photoshop. I also run my own design business on the side and work freelance doing smaller companies marketing design.

2. Tell us about your education (formal or otherwise): I finished High School and then went straight to university and studied Youth Affairs (working with young people aged 11-25) for 3 years, I then did a further year's study at another university in a similar field.

3. What's your favorite meal or restaurant? I'm vegetarian so I love a lot of Indian and Vietnamese/Asian food.

4. Age (if you dare or care to answer)? uh oh.... ummm .... pass? :oops:

5. What, if any, are your plans for your future? Definitely travel. I want to go to Canada and India the most, America is definitely on the cards, I have so many friends I made through the Internet I would love to meet in person.

6. Tell us about where you live: I live in a small country town on the outskirts of suburbia. I love it so much because it's always been my dream to have a place with lots of land and no annoying neighbours to put up with, I go on long walks most days, it's a different pace after work in town all day. http://www.imusik.tk for pics :P

7. What/When/How/Why did you become a webmaster, or why do you want to become a webmaster? I was working in Youth Work for my local government council years back, I was doing counselling and needle exchange for young people in the area I lived which had a high crime & drug addiction problem. I had been kicking around on the net for over 10 years now, the first site I designed was for a local radio show celebrity, and from there I just kept practising and doing it in my own time. While working at the council I created their website. Basically I got hooked into that and decided youth work was not going to cut it for me professionally or financially so I moved into the advertising field and working my way up. Now I do youth work on a volunteer basis.

8. Tell us about your first kiss: I don't remember his name but it was in Primary School. I was so crazy about this boy my heart would stop whenever I was near him! One day I was playing with some kids and he called me over to a tree he was hiding behind and gave me a quick peck on the lips. I think i nearly passed out from happiness *smile*

9. Tell us about your best quality (real or imagined): I love people. I love them deeply and passionately. I see so much good in so many people and I love to empower them to bring that out into the world so everyone else can see too.

10. Who is your hero? My mum.

:D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty daring move digitalMedia - but I like the idea.

re: musik's answer, it would be interesting to see some above average vegetarian recipes. I grow a garden every year and would love some fresh ideas on what to do with some of it.
  • wookey
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe @ ur.. umm.. pass? :oops:

yanno,
i could make this information availiable to the highest bidder :P :wink:
  • wookey
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

edited:

whoopsie,
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you so much musik!!! Your responses were wonderful and just what I was aiming for. I picked you, specifically, to initiate this because I sensed your answer to question #9, and I thought you may see the value in all of this.

Very cool answer to question #10. I hope, one day, that my sons will feel similarly about me and their mother.

I'm not a vegeterian, but if it had to be, I could survive on basmati rice and salad. (mmmmm, the smell of basmati on the stove. It's heaven, really.)

ATNO/TW: One of my philosophies in life is - You pays your money and you takes your chances - LOL.

Alright, I'm considering this a successful testing of the waters and I'll be back to this next Wednesday when the victim could be....

YOU!!!

snoogins
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really great idea, dM! :D

Musik, I must say that you are a very inspiring person. I wish that I could tackle each day with the same attitude that you have. (-:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

GREAT idea dM, and I really loved your responses musik - and I have to say I share your hero... not your mum, I mean my mum is my hero, I've never met yours, lol.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe Axe :lol:

Yeah mum's are pretty cool. I want to be a foster parent soon, I hope my foster kids will think I'm cool too 8)
  • Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya, mum's are the coolest 8) . I must say Musik, you are a person worth admiring. I wish I could have that positive outlook on life that you have.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes LOTS of practice mate, but it's entirely possible that's for sure. I think it was only last year I finally started getting the hang on the fact that *I* make my own happiness by choosing to either be positive about stuff, or negative and be miserable all the time ;)

I still have a long way to go but be stuffed if I am going to waste the life I've been given moaning and groaning about stuff :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts