Getting to know you: rtm223

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't done one of these threads in a good while (nobody seemed to notice - *sniff sniff :P ). So anyway, there's been a couple of people who have really made some positive impacts on Ozzu and I'm interested to know more.

This "Getting to know you" victim is rapidly becoming a fixture in the Web Design forum, and thank goodness for that. He's always got some good advice to give. (...and I've enjoyed taking him to task on some of that advice :twisted: )

Let's get to know rtm223!!!

1. Learn or Labor?: Are you working? In school? Both?

2. How did you find your way into Ozzu?

3. Any significant others to speak of?

4. When you're not in front of a monitor, what do you do for fun?

5. Tell us about where you live. Love it? Hate it?

6. What are your plans for the future?

7. What's your best quality (real or imagined)?

8. Who's your hero?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

its back lolol
come on rtm223, im interested now :)
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

awwwww - you guys *sniffle

Woooo a whole topic all to myself :D

DigitalMedia wrote:
He's always got some good advice to give. (...and I've enjoyed taking him to task on some of that advice

I wouldn't neccesarily say I always have good advice - I just have my advice and people are gonna damn well listen to me whether they like it or not... :evil:
I'm far too opinionated as many of you may have noticed, but I like to think that I will admit when I'm wrong. I'm also a control freak and find it very difficult to not be the leader in any kind of group. But anyway:

DM wrote:
1. Learn or Labor?: Are you working? In school? Both?

I'm taking a gap year at the moment between school and university; most of my work is software programming/RDBMS development with a bit of engineering on the side. It's pretty cool because everyone else from my school who took a gap year ended up working in supermarkets doing really dull jobs and I'm not :D

DM wrote:
2. How did you find your way into Ozzu?

I have no idea! Searching for something on google.... don't know what as it was more than two hours ago (my memory sucks), but I think I found the answer and like the look of the place with the dragon and the blackness. I also liked how people are actually civil to one another here (unlike some forums: "ur dum, u duno wot u iz talkn bout" :roll: ). I kinda stuck around and got a lot of help and inspiration from the people here.

DM wrote:
3. Any significant others to speak of?

:? why, is that an offer? Yes I have a girlfriend called gemma and we've been together for about two years so things are going really well there. She's really cool but for some reason not keen on my caffeine-fuelled coding sessions till 3am... can't for the life of me think why :lol: although I shall be getting some freedom back in the next few weeks and will be able to tap away till whatever ungodly hour I see fit on at least a couple of nights a week :D

DM wrote:
4. When you're not in front of a monitor, what do you do for fun?

I spend most of my time with gemma these days. I don't do any sports anymore which is a really bad thing - I'm starting to get so fat now through lack of excercise. I just never seem to have the time for sports (or anything much) - especialy not the sort you have to go at specific times of the week. I used to play a lot of rugby and do white-water kayaking, which I may take up again, but not sure. I may also take up rock climbing when I get to university because they have a lot of facilities there. But I've been saying these sorts of things for far to long, just like I'll go running three times a week or use my bike instead of the car :roll:
Other than that just going out with friends and the usual boring stuff that everyone does.

DM wrote:
5. Tell us about where you live. Love it? Hate it?

Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, UK. There really isn't much to tell about my town, its an average sized town with average people and an average atmosphere :lol: it's not great but it could be worse. I'll be moving to Birmingham next year which is a really cool city, as long as I can stand the accents of the Birmingham people (my appologies to any Brummies at ozzu)

DM wrote:
6. What are your plans for the future?

University for the next four years at least. I'll be studying for a masters in Electronic Engineering. I'm also intending to spend that time doing some website design/development to fund my course, and I'm currently working my ass off to get my skills up to scratch so i can go pro. After that I intend to get a job as a "professional geek" and buy a fancy car and big house and have some little baby Richards. That is currently the full extent of the "master plan".

DM wrote:
7. What's your best quality (real or imagined)?

well duh, Laser vision.

DM wrote:
8. Who's your hero?

Ummmmmmmmmmm.....
ummm I have no idea about this one. There are many great people but no-one that I could say have particularly inspired me....
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
well duh, Laser vision.

lol, nice

well answered !
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

you think I'm joking? I'll come up there and laser your ass b***h!

BTW in case anyone wants to correct my spelling, it is laser and not lazer. The latter is stupid and makes no sence. or even "sense"
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice to know you rtm!
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, great to know you better rtm223.

I like laser vision too...... wish I had it. Ive always thought it would be cool to be able to *BLINK* places. Kinda like out of WCIII Frozen Throne. Theres a hero that does that.......
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

laser vision would kick a heck of a lot of arse.... ;)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good choice for the "getting to know:" dm :D

We found the laser needed to finish the doomsday device, hooWahahaha !!
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol,, nice to know u better rtm O.o
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I particularly enjoyed the "master plan" *lol
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The master plan is probaby the most detailed plan I have ever made in my life :lol: I don't tend to plan too much for the future because I don't think you can really plan for everything or worry about all the things that could happen.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtm223 wrote:
The master plan is probaby the most detailed plan I have ever made in my life :lol: I don't tend to plan too much for the future because I don't think you can really plan for everything or worry about all the things that could happen.

Hmmmm......

You might find Lou Holtz interesting. Read the first paragraph here.
http://members.tripod.com/~LouHoltzOnline/life.html
I've often wondered how many can say that they have accomplished 95 out of 107 goals for their life.? I wonder how many people have 107 goals for their life? I know I'm not one of them.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably not 107 goals lol. Although I guess it depends how you define goals. How many times have you said to yourself "right I'm gonna get this done today" or I'm gonna do so-and-so really well. Is that not a goal? You havn't written it down and formalised it, but I would say it is still a goal, an achievement to make. Qualifiying goals in this way would put most people at well over 100.

I'm one of the most ambitious people I know, my chief goal is to excel at anything I do; which, in a way could be considered many goals. I would never set myself a list of goals for my entire life, I would never plan that thouroughly. Also within a month I would have forgotten 95% of the things on the list and lost the piece of paper :lol: probably within a week actually.

Everything else on that page I agree with 100%, he seems an interesting and intellegent bloke.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OH!!!! you guys should live in South Carolina. We get constant Lou coverage here. lol.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

great stuff rtm --thanks for playing :thumbsup:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtm223 wrote:

Everything else on that page I agree with 100%, he seems an interesting and intellegent bloke.

At one training I went to with my old company I had the priveledge to listen to what I think was like a 3 hour seminar from Lou. A truly incredible man. Worth the time to get to know better, for sure.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts