Gmail Gtalk not showing contacts?

• Shocker12
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Shocker12

Post 3+ Months Ago

No contacts are displaying on my Gmail account but everything else works. People can still IM me, but I just do not see the status on the left of the page that shows who is online.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

What I am talking about is on the left of the picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/ ... mail-2.jpg

I mean
Moderator Remark: Large image replaced with a link
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Others must not be on, or a setting somewhere must be turned off or something.

By the way... you must not have checked your email in a long time... just commenting on the huge amount of spam and inbox you got there :lol:

NOTE: I recommend you blur out that email at the top bar at the right... unless you want more spam :roll:
  • Shocker12
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Shocker12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sure there are people online because four people I know have Gmail running 24/7.
I cannot find the setting to change this!!
PLease help!

PS Thanks for the suggestion ;)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Shocker12 wrote:
I am sure there are people online because four people I know have Gmail running 24/7.
I cannot find the setting to change this!!
PLease help!

PS Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Yup. Your welcome.

I don't know what to do about the GMail Talk not showing people that are online...
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to use any type of non-web client for G-Talk and that web widget thingy is working fine, but I cannot login to the G-Talk application with my non-gmail g-talk account? Anybody know how fix this problem?

I have the same problem as this guy: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/T ... defb&hl=en
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

An iPhone SMS app forced Google to deny access for 3rd party applications to GTalk recently, could that have anything to do with it PH ?
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry for late reply, but...

That same day I figured it out. The problem was... My e-mail happens to be hosted by google apps, even though it's still using my domain. Since any 3rd party e-mail could sign up and normally it's not tied to the google system, I figured I could just signup and it would work. But the client app over G-Talk & Jabber/XMPP wouldn't work. I fumbled around with multiple clients before finding out that you actually have to go into your google apps and enable G-Talk for the domain. So for some reason it's tied to the account or reserved so nobody can login with the client. Either that or any 3rd party e-mail can't sign up and only people with Google Apps hosted e-mail can have a non-gmail address. Haven't figured that one out yet though. My contacts I had were all screwed up though after and there were like 4 removal/invite records for the same person on the server that were invisible (G-Talk didn't display them), but Pidgin over XMPP did after.

• Apparently people with G-Mail addresses can get it to work fine.
  • People with 3rd party e-mails that signup, can't get it to work (so I read, or some of them can't, or it's a trick google is doing to make people signup for G-Mail)
  • People that have google apps hosting their e-mail on their domains with DNS records, can use it too, BUT they have to enable G-Talk in the admin panel for the domain.

Fun Fun...
  • Wicked_Goddess
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm some maintenance or something!.. Mine last time didn't load contacts too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts