Godaddy.com is down...

• reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Godaddy.com is down and there are more people that are expierencing problems with downtime for their site.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

ironically enough I tried to buy a domain just this morning (only ironic because Ive only bought 2 domains in my life) and yes, it was down for me.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site godaddy.com itself is up now but my own site hosted with godaddy is still expierencing downtime.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even now that its up, it seems extremely slow.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm on the phone right now as i'm typing and am the moment on hold...and just got an anwser...everything should be back up within an hour or so.

So let's cross our fingers then :wink:
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Up and running :D
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

How's GoDaddy's hosting plans compared to other hosting companies in terms flexibility (are you allowed to use cPanel?) and reliability (downtime)? I'm considering switching from LunarPages.com because GoDaddy's prices are way more affordable. Any comments on the pro's and con's at GoDaddy?
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only use godaddy for my domain name registration, not hosting. But as far at the domain name goes it has been prefectly fine for me. Not to mention cheap.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

apsblackbelt2 wrote:
I only use godaddy for my domain name registration, not hosting. But as far at the domain name goes it has been prefectly fine for me. Not to mention cheap.

Who do you use for hosting? I'm pretty happy with LP but the 3.95 is very tempting. Although I get 400GB bandwidth and a gig storage, which is pretty good for $7.95.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use http://www.site5.com

Ive been happy, fairly ok prices but great service, and Ive never had downtime at all.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Who do you use for hosting? I'm pretty happy with LP but the 3.95 is very tempting. Although I get 400GB bandwidth and a gig storage, which is pretty good for $7.95.

400GB? for $7.95? and godaddy's 25GB for $3.95?

What would be the best option?

Is the service good form LP? Any downtime? No downtime?

Stay with LP because you get a whole loth of bandwith from LP apparently!

4$ saving or a whopping 375 extra bandwith? (economy plan gives you 25GB bandwith)

Hell, i'm gonna check out LP 8)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to note to everyone here, because a host claims they can give you 400GB of bandwidth doesn't mean they will turn around and shut your account down for using to much bandwidth...I know...it's confusing...a lot of it has to do with how most hosting companies are run.

Basically though, a host might rent out space in a datacenter, and they get charged for throughput...aka bits/second...if your site transfers a lot of bandwidth for 4 days straight, you might end up costing them too much money, and if they are assholes they will shut your account down.

The other type of typical host is a reseller...like Startlogic.com who resells space from ipowerweb.com but refuses to admit it. They even claim to own their own datacenter, and that they will give you 100GB of bandwidth. Well, they are a bunch of liars and shut my account down because they were overselling their bandwidth...so when my account hit 34GB of 100GB...they *plum* a brick and suspended it, then came back and tried to act like I did something wrong.

Basically, be careful with companies who claim an offer that is too good to be true. Usually anything more than 100GB for $7 is unrealistic and they are banking on the fact that you won't use it...I'd rather pay for it and be able to use it than say I have it but not be able to use it personally.

=)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just looked it up, LunarPages is the first of the 2 typical types of hosting companies. They rent out space in a datacenter from Mzima Networks (mzima.com) and you pay them for server usage, etc.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the heads up Truce 8)
  • jamestcs2
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jamestcs2

Post 3+ Months Ago

godaddy is good for domain registration, but not hosting.. i have bad experience with the hosting, and now i had switch to other hosting provider.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had no bad expierences so far, only for this last occurence and this was a major disruption for all parties.
What kind of bad expierences did you encounter? was it a lot of downtime?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts