I am going to be a dad

  • MasterZ
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 699
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Penguin, welcome to the club of fatherhood.

Even though it is stressful to raise a child, especially at a young age, sometimes the children part is the easy part.

I'm having a really hard time with my parents right now, it has gotten to the point that all communication has been cut off. It sucks, but has to be done.

Just remember one thing, Always love and support your wife, no matter what, and even though the baby is important, your relationship with your wife is first! This is one of the keys of having a happy and successful marriage, no matter what the age. The other key I could give you, but it's religious in nature and most people don't want to hear it ;)

If you ever need someone to talk to, or some advice from a fellow new-dad (Malikai turns 1 this month!), let me know.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1647
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks master z, and yes it is important that our relationship works, and at the moment its not going 100% great so i hope we can sort it out.
  • rinkscharm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rinkscharm
  • Posts: 16

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I think you are very young for this.... but anyways congrats for your new baby....and please take care of your girlfriends health.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1127
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
Thanks master z, and yes it is important that our relationship works, and at the moment its not going 100% great so i hope we can sort it out.


Haahahahaaha ah hah ah ahhaahah hah a. Oh boy this is great. 16 year old with a kid, and it's not going great within first 18 minutes.

Ok, I have to let it out. If you think you are ready for a kid, at 16, and you think it's a mature thing to do you are just flat out stupid. Drag her to the abortion clinic and crank up that vaccume. Lie about the conception date if you have to.

But I bet you won't. You are not mature enough for that.

penguin wrote:
...and at the moment its not going 100% great so i hope we can sort it out.


...hahaah ah ahhaahahhaahaha (haaghhahah hah ha hhaa)
  • grinch2171
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6809
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Damn.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6230
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn ... you freak me out dude ... seriously ...
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1127
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
camperjohn ... you freak me out dude ... seriously ...

You would be surprised at how often I get that ... seriously ... almost daily ...

I was going to say "A coat hanger is a cheaper than 3 years of diapers" but I didn't want to cross the line. ;-)
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2123

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
Drag her to the abortion clinic and crank up that vaccume. Lie about the conception date if you have to.


I seriously think some people forget there are over 30,000 members on this forum, you are entitled to your opinion, but abortion is a sensitive subject, and being so arrogant and insensitive about it is wrong.

Quote:
But I bet you won't. You are not mature enough for that.


Maybe not, but it shows your mentality posting *plum* like that.

Quote:
I was going to say "A coat hanger is a cheaper than 3 years of diapers" but I didn't want to cross the line.


Too bad if a member went through this, again another stupid comment.

I don't know what the point or need was for these posts?

Quote:
...hahaah ah ahhaahahhaahaha (haaghhahah hah ha hhaa)


Yes because a child being born into a broken home is so hilarious.

:evil: :evil:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn - that really was unkind. to each his own opinion and all that, and I'm the last person to preach PC to anyone. but jesus this is someone's life situation you're talking about. show a flake of taste. Oh and in case you think pretending to be a psychopath makes you seem cool, get over yourself. it's been done to death.

penguin - reading your entry in the 'holidays' thread gives me a hint as to where you've found the sense of security and confidence to go into the whole 'raising a family at the age of 16' thing to begin with.... I still think it's a big risk but hey, everyone's told you that already. and the fact that things aren't going particularly well at a certain time doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, if you've already decided on 'forever'. You just keep trying until you make it work....
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Having a child at any time in your life can be very scary, let alone at 16 years old. I have a friend who has 2 children and she is 19, she always feels that she never had a "childhood" so to speak, and she regrets having children so young, she said she wished she had been abit older before making a decision like that. That being said though, she loves her kids with all her heart and does the best she can for them, Just like any sane parent would. She is a Nurses assistant and is studying to become a social worker. But its not something to take lightly, my previous post said to keep positive and that still remains, BUT also on the otherhand, parenting is hard at the best of times, but when you really are still a baby yourself, its alot harder.

I was 19 when my first baby was born, and 22 when my second baby was born, the only regret I have about having them is it is alot harder for me to go out and work full time and earn as much money as I am capable of, because I do not have the family support network, some people have. I don't have parents to look after them if need be, I have to rely on daycare, which costs a mint. I also don't get a moment to myself, I have kids running around all day everyday, messing up the house, screaming, crying, fighting, hitting each other etc. The only time I get to myself is when they are asleep, and I spend that time cleaning up their mess, and working on my freelance projects. So its very stressful here. If I didn't have an ignore button, I would have lost my mind long ago :lol:.

So you see having kids can be good, but they are for life.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1127
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
camperjohn - that really was unkind.....

I wasn't trying to be nice I was just telling the truth. Let's face it this kids' life it screwed, as well as his kid. You go ahead and sugar coat it and be all nicey nicey "oh so beautiful you're having a baby and you upholding the statistics of stupid adolecent trailor trash". I am just spewing out the truth. Bitter pill isn't it?

And yes, it is funny to laugh at stupid people. This child needs a kick in the ass. No thanks to you for that though.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8411
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hard times will befall penguin, camperjohn, that's for sure and that has being mentioned here.

I agree with some of what you said camperjohn, but not with all. If he feels to upkeep the statistics of how many teens become adults at about 16 years old it is totally up to him and whatever he brings on himself, that is his choice.

If I was not going 100% well with my girlfriend I wouldn't be having a baby since a baby is supposed to be raised by both parents, and before marriage? In some religions (Like Christianity) that is believed as a sin but it is not to me to judge so I would not talk about religions here.

Also, if the relationship with a girlfriend is not 100% ok, make sure the baby doesn't see the parents (Penguin and your girlfriend) bickering or fighting about anything... sort it out before the baby comes... don't ruin the baby's life emotionally...

Just a couple of friendly cents from me... don't take it seriously if you don't want to... just to make you or someone think... it's a huge HUGE responsibility... and it might bring a lot of worries to you, especially if the baby's health goes wacko... but I'm sure that your parents would help you out since they back you up.

Congratulations on your baby and good luck on your decision...
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2123

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
celandine wrote:
camperjohn - that really was unkind.....

I wasn't trying to be nice I was just telling the truth. Let's face it this kids' life it screwed, as well as his kid. You go ahead and sugar coat it and be all nicey nicey "oh so beautiful you're having a baby and you upholding the statistics of stupid adolecent trailor trash". I am just spewing out the truth. Bitter pill isn't it?

And yes, it is funny to laugh at stupid people. This child needs a kick in the ass. No thanks to you for that though.


yeah you might have been telling the truth, but there is a difference between being forward, and respectful and just being an outright rude pr**k! Sorry just telling the truth you know, wouldn't wanna sugarcoat it for ya.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes that's the thing - sometimes you have to 'try to be nice', at least a little bit. civilised communication demands it. otherwise every time we have different views we'd just be shouting expletives at each other.

'sides, he's hardly trailer trash - obviously his family is very well off and has promised its full support. you don't know everything about this kid's life - none of us do. I'm 28 and I still don't have children - because I'm not sure I can handle the commitment and responsibility yet. but we're not all the same.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1647
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can i just say, Although i am 16, i can act and am very mature for my age. How could you say get an abortion dude that upset me becuase this child means a lot to me and my girlfriend. And my life is not screwed, I have a job and have good grades in my exams.

And yes my family do have a lot of money but i cant always ask them as they will not always be there.

camerjohn: It seems like you show that you are not mature by your above posts, Iff you dont like it thats fine. A little word called respect would go a long way though dude.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6230
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
camerjohn: It seems like you show that you are not mature by your above posts, Iff you dont like it thats fine. A little word called respect would go a long way though dude.

Pwnd!
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1647
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Pwnd! Lol. To be honest i dont want to start a thread war, But i thought that this needed to be said.
  • MasterZ
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 699
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
penguin wrote:
Thanks master z, and yes it is important that our relationship works, and at the moment its not going 100% great so i hope we can sort it out.


Haahahahaaha ah hah ah ahhaahah hah a. Oh boy this is great. 16 year old with a kid, and it's not going great within first 18 minutes.

Ok, I have to let it out. If you think you are ready for a kid, at 16, and you think it's a mature thing to do you are just flat out stupid. Drag her to the abortion clinic and crank up that vaccume. Lie about the conception date if you have to.

But I bet you won't. You are not mature enough for that.

penguin wrote:
...and at the moment its not going 100% great so i hope we can sort it out.


...hahaah ah ahhaahahhaahaha (haaghhahah hah ha hhaa)


no matter what is going on, murdering a baby is NEVER the option!
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1647
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

No it is not, and things are fine now. It was just something stupid that was blown out of scale. Things are fine. But still johns comments shocked me!
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 275

Post 3+ Months Ago

MasterZ wrote:
camperjohn wrote:
penguin wrote:
Thanks master z, and yes it is important that our relationship works, and at the moment its not going 100% great so i hope we can sort it out.


Haahahahaaha ah hah ah ahhaahah hah a. Oh boy this is great. 16 year old with a kid, and it's not going great within first 18 minutes.

Ok, I have to let it out. If you think you are ready for a kid, at 16, and you think it's a mature thing to do you are just flat out stupid. Drag her to the abortion clinic and crank up that vaccume. Lie about the conception date if you have to.

But I bet you won't. You are not mature enough for that.

penguin wrote:
...and at the moment its not going 100% great so i hope we can sort it out.


...hahaah ah ahhaahahhaahaha (haaghhahah hah ha hhaa)


no matter what is going on, murdering a baby is NEVER the option!


yes fully agreed
  • grinch2171
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6809
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

MasterZ wrote:
no matter what is going on, murdering a baby is NEVER the option!


Yes it is an option. Is it one we like to speak about out loud? No, but as it stands it is still an option.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please do not start the abortion debate on Ozzu! It always gets ugly and people blow everything out of proportion, people end up pissed off for no reason, and yeah.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 275

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
MasterZ wrote:
no matter what is going on, murdering a baby is NEVER the option!


Yes it is an option. Is it one we like to speak about out loud? No, but as it stands it is still an option.

yes it is an option.
In this world everything is possible.

but it doesn't mean that, we will kill baby, just for the possibility.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1127
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
MasterZ wrote:
no matter what is going on, murdering a baby is NEVER the option!

Yes it is an option. Is it one we like to speak about out loud? No, but as it stands it is still an option.

It is definatly and option - up until age 30. ;-)

But abortion is a different thread - waste of time.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

This for some reason reminds me of that Southpark episode where Cartman's mom starts looking into the possibility of aborting him..... took them a while to explain to her it's a little harder to do an abortion when your child is already 8 years old.... oh how I love the shameless un-PC-ness of Southpark.............
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 630
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must say, although you might be a great dad, do you really want to raise a child, when you yourself is still in the "YES I AM A PENGUIN!!!" stage of your life?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6230
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

ace5p1d0r wrote:
I must say, although you might be a great dad, do you really want to raise a child, when you yourself is still in the "YES I AM A PENGUIN!!!" stage of your life?

lol ... that's how I know I am faaarr from that step ... mine says "All your base are belong to us" ... in leet
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1647
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

The yes i am a penguin is a joke, Iff you think that this comment makes me a unsuitable dad then i will change it.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 778
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if you planned it then your off to a better start than I was. I have 4, not a one was planned. Children are a blessing but if fatherhood was easy there would be no child support laws. I am both happy for you and sad because you chose to end your childhood so early. No more fun and games, your going to have to be a man now. Concrats and good luck.
  • Mon1018
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Mon1018
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good luck to you, sir! You'll never love anyone like your own children.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 104 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 75 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.