Goodbye 2008

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You'd be surprised at how little motivation i have to go to the street celebrations in Edinburgh this new years despite it being "billed as the world's best New Year celebration".

I absolutely love it in this city and would love to see the street celebration, however the though of being crushed among the 100 thousand or so people on a cold Scottish night doesn't really appeal to me right now, even if it is just a 20 minute walk from my place.

BBC

I heard the fireworks go off earlier on and wondered what it was all about. I guess this sort of explains.

What do you all have planned for the turn of the year?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm taking my wife, nieces and nephew to see some friends in a band playing at one of the bigger venues in my area.

Villanova
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pittsburgh is one of the couple hundred or so world wide cities that participates in "First Night" - a family oriented / alcohol free New Years celebration centered in the cultural district. http://firstnightpgh.org/
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

A couple local bands are playing at the local biker bar called Snappers and I'm a friend of a friend who knows the dude who owns the bar and he is paying me a couple hundred bucks cash to be a part time temporary bouncer for the evening.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like you've all got decent organised plans.

Mine are so disogranised to the extent where i've just this last 10 minutes decided to drive to my bros down in England tonight to celebrate the new year with him.

Happy New Year to you all when the time comes. I doubt i'll be around before then.
  • j3N
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the 2008-2009 switch, I'll be @ OSLO (Detroit) ... Dj Sneak is spinning & it should be a good show... I can't wait! Loud beats are good for the soul & I'm well overdue.
http://www.detroitclubscene.com/forums/ ... opic=17729

** have a great new year everyone!**
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

and HELLO 2009!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

2009 seems pretty lame so far. Started it off with a hangover :|
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

seems pretty sweet to me - started it with hot tea and cakes, and a tennis lesson...........
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
2009 seems pretty lame so far. Started it off with a hangover :|

Same here, I feel as if my head is getting beaten to a pulp :bash:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't actually know what it is, i drank and drank and drank all night last night from about 7pm until 6am and despite being relatively drunk by the end of it i woke up today with not a hangover. I never seem to get hangovers! :D

If i recall correctly both of you (Spork and Spoof) are younger than me, so i've no idea how you guys suffer more than i would. It tends to be people on a higher figure that suffer from hangovers frequently.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only got to break up one fight, and the guys were so drunk that when we threw them outside they just got in their cars and say there. So that wasn't very exciting at all.....
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I missed this beautiful thread. As for me, it was okay, as in I tried to join a web forum but it is restricted so that it serves its own country only. It reminded me of another web forum I have joined but have not moderation approved by it. I started to feel bad and resented the forums. But nobody cares, maybe I was too indulged in web forums. Maybe. And I should not resent for they have their own rules. So, good for them and I admire their rules, for restricting certain countries from joining. I think they have their reasons doing so.

I am trying to recall now, is there a law in cyber that does not allow them to do that. No. Yes?, could we put that under global issues? if so, what kind of global issue should that be?

Now I am trying to think.

Quote:

I and my father went to exercise at this park again on new year ever. We usually walked only.

I did not drink, did not even go out. I took it like every other night.

Global warming, poverty, racism.

I only can remember these three at this moment. I think in my beginning of this post, the type of global issue I may define that 'they' could have fallen into closest to, is, into the category of -- you know it.

Actually I have never really once consciously thought about these issues. To some people, it may not be an issue to them at all. I hate to think that I think too much.

I had written a short note months ago after attending a camp. I realize now that I do not choose to fall into interests among these global issues by accident. I have written a little about it after the camp before even the class, then, began to teach about global issues in "Cyber Law". I have no idea if both have direct correlation.

Tips given that, global issues is a tough question, and we were encouraged to choose the other four questions. In real life, answering this question I still have in my mind once in a while, does really interest me even though it may be hard. What are the hurdles of overcoming it? What kind of resources do we need?

On a positive side, the world is still a beautiful place to live in. Last year, I have met situations where I felt totally positive. But it did not always last the way we wanted. I am grateful for everything and I will in my new year resolution, continue to do something that will benefit the people, animals and things.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Happy New Year, Ozzu.

And to all of you.

:)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Happy New Years... I really didn't do anything but watch "The Punisher"... twice :lol:
  • ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think we're all going to miss 2008... there's a definite feeling of gloom pouring over the new year... let's hope it turns out okay regardless of what all of the forecasters (who know far less than they think they do) will end up incorrect.

And let's hope Yellowstone caldera doesn't erupt... Yellowstone earthquakes
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's now the 3rd place i've heard of Yellowstones being mentioned in as many weeks. One night i was watching the telly when a comedian was commenting on how great it would be if Yellowstones erupted at the very same time the expected apocalyptic meteor crashes into the volcano crater.

A day later someone was talking to me about it at work for some reason.

I hadn't even heard of the place until then.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yellowstone National Park? I heard so much about it, I now want to visit it :)

But not when things erupt there :roll:
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

My New Year started off great ... I live in Pretoria, my girlfriend and her parents and her brother went down to Ballito (700km away) for New Years, so me and two buds decided one evening that we're going down there for New Years too to surprise them. So we just went there and stayed with a friend's mom and surprised my girlfriend ... was lots of fun, we went to a street party with about 10,000 people ... and snuk into the VIP section and got free booze. Hellz yeah!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like you had a blast R_T. Wish mine was as eventful and as "party" as yours :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I really had fun, that's the only time of year I really get off ... so I have to enjoy it ... Only thing is, that while having such fun, time goes by insanely quick ... So the little vacation just flies by ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts