Google making cars... what's next? Planes? Government?

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google has now jumped into the automobile industry...

The Google Car - Powered by Toyota Prius.

Talk about world domination...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not world domination. It's because Google has so much money, they don't know what to do with it or more accurately, there really isn't any place to invest it. The economy is bad & that causes under consumption. In other words, no one is buying anything or they are only buying what they need. That forces business people to let their money sit in some account, which they don't want to do. So, some genius decided to try cars. They tried phones before that. I don't care what they try. I probably won't be buying it or using it.
  • sterweber

Post 3+ Months Ago

They already have the maps of all the roads so why not use it for something like this? I think it's awesome.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess DOn2007 has a good point and since they have the resources (like sterweber said) why not?

Their maps are already used for GPS systems and things like that... in fact the google maps (the fact that it is free) enables some cheap GPS systems/solutions.
  • Gosan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Jupiter, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Amazing!

Too bad it looks ridiculous with that giant spinning laser on the top. Hey if I could do my homework while I commute to school, I'm for it! I wonder if they'll ever really release it, and if they do, how much it will cost.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm just waiting for their next concepts of this car and see what they will do about that laser... maybe they'll find a really nice way of hiding it... or another alternative altogether.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sure right now things are in the very early development stages, and cosmetic issues are not really a concern right now. I think they are more after functionality and to see if they can even get it to work right. Once they get that down I am sure they would try to work on ways to make it more hidden or compact.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts