I got a Job

• myemailaccount
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • myemailaccount
  • Loc: North of Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got my 1st real job. :D I work for a company that rents out carnival equipment for parties. My job is to blow up the inflatables ( like moon walks ) and clean them. Later Ill be able to run the rides. This is the best 1st job someone could ask for in my opinion. So my question is:

What was your first Job:?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, cool job, my first job was a really boring one, i used to work for a retail shop called "NEXT" its a well known shop in the UK. after a while you get fed up with measuring peoples inside legs.

I also used to do waitering at a resturant part time.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

7/11
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

my first real job wow ive had alot of on and off jobs
mobile DJ
computer repair/building
car wash
graphic desiner
. . .
i guess DJ was the most sirouse one i did
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was a lifegard. Talk about a great job for a teenager! *lol
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah to right, all them chicks on the beach!
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

building renovations

Hammer + Walls = $10/hour :D
  • myemailaccount
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • myemailaccount
  • Loc: North of Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool
I never can picture unflux working for 7/11

o well
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't had a first job yet, I can't get the motivation to go get one. But my first job will probably be Stream which is a call-in help center in town for MSN or something.... You sit on the phone and talk tell people what to do to fix something. There are a lot of stupid people working there, so it will be easy for me. It's like the only place in town which has good pay and is in an "office."
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont have a job yet... however, im theoretically going to get an IT internship at school this summer... that is if the budget is approved... *crosses fingers*
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to volunteer at the local pet store. Technically I consider that my first job. I went there after school every day, stocked shelves, priced items, counted inventory, helped customers. I performed all the functions of an employee except I wasn't allowed to handle the animals or operate the register.... and I wasn't paid :roll: But I did it to help my mother out, she worked there, and it was a hard time in her/our life and her workload was taking a toll on her, so I helped her out whenever I got the chance.

As for my first job where i'm actually listed in the payroll, that would be the job I work at now. I work in a restaurant and I'm still not exactly sure what I do, but I was given the title "All Purpose" and "409" by my co-workers. I was hired as a cook, so I say I do that, but I really cook, prep, bus, and dish.

And I feel how most people feel about their first jobs.... I hate it with a passion.

But that's why I got my second job, which I love. Programming and Designing by the side of my trusty friend UNFLUX. The best partner anyone could ask for.

Congratulations on getting your job myemailaccount :)
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

First job..well i had many jobs here in the U.k none of which taught me a lot lololol i think it was in a shoe factory painting the back of shoes before they put them together for a shop.
What a bum job, and it did'nt get any better neither i then worked in a cotton mill, a job called doffin, another failure, i slipped on some water at the brewing up machine and ended up on a life support :cry:

I finally found my forte in children, i worked at a day nursery for kids while their mum worked, mainly this kind of care is for under privaliged kids, we used to pick them up in the van, on the road they would sing this song "my old man said follow the van" etc, they had such fun and it took their little minds off their troubles.

I adopted my son after that.

Tone2k11 you are a card no mistake
Quote:
after a while you get fed up with measuring peoples inside legs.
and i bet you did.nt get the pay neither, its the most expensive shop near me.

Congrats on the job myemailaccount, good luck with the new venture.
Suzie.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first job was accepting donations in the street for some charity company. Looking back I think that they where crooked because they paid us with a percentage of the donations. All in quarters as well!
  • floridafishandhunt.com
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

My 1st job was at mowing grass I had a little neighborhood business and did like 5-10 yards a week, it was good money for a little kid.
Then I worked at a movie theatre, and a florist shop.
My first real job was in the marine corps.
Then after the corps I started working for my dads company
(landscape architecture) I am still here as a cad operator for the next week.
I just took a job with a landscape company, it is a management position.
I am really stoked because I got a bigger salary and a new company truck, that comes with a comapny gas card. I am really stoked!
I feel soooo blessed. Now all I need is for my site to take off so I can start a fishing guide service and chill out for the next 30.
Doug
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

paper route - do they still have those?

btw: Congrats on the job!!! Spend your money wisely. ;)
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep they still have paper routes. In my neighborhood they deliver them late at night though.... which makes no sense to me. I'm sure they made much more sense in your day ;) :lol:
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

HAHAHA. I think you just called me old.

...but you'd be right. :)

"In my day", my route was the evening paper (we got a morning and evening paper way back then). I had a big blue paper bag slung around my shoulder and delivered from my bike. Every two weeks I had to go to each customer's house and collect $2.00 for their subscriptions.

Whoa Mr. Peabody, stop the wayback machine! lol.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol I did, I did. Considering it me getting you back on behalf of UNFLUX... if that makes sense. I just saw the opening and couldn't resist :lol:

When I was in middle school a friend of mine had a paper route, he used to deliver the evening paper, he would get home from school, put the papers in the plastic bags they come with, then when he was finished he would go out and deliver them. Then he would have to come home, eat dinner, and do his homework and/or work on projects for school.

He used to have to go around to each customers house and collect money as well.

He made crappy money doing it as well.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

A dishwasher in a very busy place, worst job ever. Whenever anyone complains about washing dishes, I tell them how I have washed more dishes than they will in their whole lifetime.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first job was flippin burgers at McDonalds. lol, how typical.
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first job was working w/time warner. formerly called an "adminsistrative assistant." $8 an hour! not bad for a first job.............
  • bkummer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Butler, Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was working witht he DEP at a local state park. Removing Illegal plants that were being spread through the forest.

This job took us 3 months to gather up all the plants.
  • Troubadour
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Congrats on getting your first job!

My first job was for K-Mart!
The pay was pretty lousy and the work pretty brain-dead.... but it was warm in winter and cool in summer!!!
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds decent. Mine was the oposite, sorta. hot in the summer, and in the winter. :lol:
  • Troubadour
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

what's wrong with flippin burgers at McDonalds??

Considering the new chair of Mcd's is a 42 year old aussie....who started out flippin burgers at 15....

I bet you're kicking yaself you didn't stay!!! ;)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol! I am! I coulda been the new head of it all. Bummer.....

:)
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first job was/is working on the Technical Team at my church. As many of you may have known, my church is not a normal church. We are very large and have large facilities, therefore require multiple teams to run the building.

What I did/do on the 'Tech Team' is run XLR, DMX,and Scroller cable; hang truss, spandex sheets, lights, speakers and aim lights. All the good stuff.

I consider that my job, although i do not get paid. It is very fun! I will post pictures of our auditorium soon. Look for them in the digital art section.

Anyways, the job i actually get paid for is being in a band.

My band is called 'The GoodStuff' . The three of us are all sophomores in highschool (15-16 yrs. old) and we all attend the same school. Being in the band is a AWESOME job, that I LOVE! It is basically free money! You get paid to do what you LOVE!

Wooo!.

'The GoodStuff' is playing in ann arbor, michigan @ club triune.
If you want, show up there! http://www.thegoodstuffrock.tk for more info.

Sorry it went more into spam lol, But I DO like to include all aspects of things.

The End.
  • Matthew Chase
  • Matthew Chase
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I get a first job I'll let you know :D
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

DM,
Quote:
HAHAHA. I think you just called me old.
lololol you fell for that one by saying this:
Quote:
paper route - do they still have those?
I love listening to different ways of discribing things per different countries lolol here routes would be rounds, and here the kids deliver our papers twice a day.
Sounds interesting first jobs for everyone!
suzie.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

myemailaccount wrote:
I got my 1st real job. :D I work for a company that rents out carnival equipment for parties. My job is to blow up the inflatables ( like moon walks ) and clean them. Later Ill be able to run the rides. This is the best 1st job someone could ask for in my opinion. So my question is:

What was your first Job:?:

Great stuff myemailaccount!! I used to work in a circus which was pretty cool, we had stuff like what you do :)

My first job was in a supermarket :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 32 posts