GTKY -- Alkatr0z

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.

2. Tell us about your hometown Adelaide.

3. Not everyone may know the meaning behind your avatar. Explain.

4. So you're a student, what are you currently studying? Or are you still in high school?

5. How many hours a day do you spend on OZZU?

7. Do you have any pets?

9. Who is your hero?

10. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

11. When did you get into computers?

12. How many curves are in a standard paper clip?

13. What do you like to do in your free time?

14. Name your top 5 pet peeves.

15. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?

16. Do you live in the city or the suburbs? Or maybe in the country?

17. Do you have a significant other? If yes, tell us about her/him.

18. The weekend is winding down. What did you do this weekend?

19. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

20. What are some of your favorite movies?

21. Are you a morning person or night owl?

22. Tell us about your very first part time job.

23. Is there someone from your past you wish you could go back and talk to?

24. Would you rather have eyes that always smile or a voice that makes people calm?

25. What 2 things could you not do as a child but can do now as an adult?

26. Do you have any obsessions?

27. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim?

28. Favorite subject in high school?

29. What operating system are you currently running?

30. We dream every night but we don't always remember them. Do you remember last night's dream? If so, wanna share?

31. What sort of music gets you happy/sad/calm?

Post more questions everyone.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

32. what color is your socks right now?

33. when you were younger did you try to fly?

34. if you did try to fly, what did you do(cardboard wings)?
  • Vincent
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

35. Favourite Superhero

36. Do you have a big computer desk or a small one

37. How cluttered does it usually get, if at all, and what with
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

38. Have you ever played Bionic Commando ?

39. If you had a hammer, would you hammer in the morning ?

40. Would you want to be one of the first people to try theese things ? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4817848.stm

41. How long can you hold your breath ?

42. Ever saved a life ?
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.

I can't actually remember exactly how I came across Ozzu. Most likely I was looking for a fix for a computer problem and found the Windows forum. I'm not actually a webmaster and nor do I make webpages(Except very basic ones)

2. Tell us about your hometown Adelaide.

Well I've only lived here for the last 6 years and I'm actually about 50km from the centre of Adelaide. Its a smallish city really, I'm not sure how many people live here. Busy roads in the morning and most of the business people take the bus from here into town.
The 'downtown' area is a square roughly 2-3km(as a estimate) a side, surrounded by some parklands. At the northeastern corner is the Botanic Gardens and the Zoo, south of the City are some soccer fields etc. I realkly can't think of much else. It doesn't have a great deal of IT companies based here but until recently it did have Ratbag Games which made Sprint Cars & Wipeout.

3. Not everyone may know the meaning behind your avatar. Explain.

The nickname is merely an evolution of my original nickname which was Alcatraz. Chosen simply because I thought it sounded cool. Unfortunately other people kept using it on mIRC(accidentally I'm sure) so it went to L-Katroz then just seemed to change to Alkatr0z. Most people think the 0z is a reference to being in Australia but its not.

4. So you're a student, what are you currently studying? Or are you still in high school?

I didn't realise it still said I'm a student. I'm teaching myself programming but apart from that I'm not studying. I am working full time in a factory rather.

5. How many hours a day do you spend on OZZU?

I would estimate roughly 3-4 hours depending on the number of posts in the Windows forum and the amount of research to do.

7. Do you have any pets?

I am unfortunately not allowed any pets in the unit I rent.

9. Who is your hero?

I can't actually think of anyone this would apply to for me.

10. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

To become a full time computer programmer making games. Possibly owning my own studio.

11. When did you get into computers?

I got my first computer when I was about 4. It was a Commodore 64(with a colour screen!). I loved to play games on it. And when I was about 11 I found a book on BASIC programming and started doing some of that, thats when Programmer became one of my career choices.

12. How many curves are in a standard paper clip?

3. Except in the case of the rare african paperclip where there is 4 :P

13. What do you like to do in your free time?

Play games(including one online MUD), improve some of my ongoing programming projects(They are pretty much all ongoing, all run in debug mode rather than from exes), Read snopes.com whatsnew part, play with my daughter, Cook, Do Challenge sites and fix computer problems.

14. Name your top 5 pet peeves.

5 pet peeves?
1. People who don't indicate when driving.
2. People who leave early at work and expect me and the only other person who stays to happily do it all.
3. People who aren't polite.
4. Celebrities.
5. People who dislike you for no good reason.

15. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?

I guess a program I made for my father where it searched his computer for photos and grouped them according to the filename(certain naming convention he used with species etc). I built it in Excel originally while I made a standalone version. At the end it had multiple preview panes, file moving and deletion and a transparency slider for the preview pane.

16. Do you live in the city or the suburbs? Or maybe in the country?

Suburbs though only moved here from the Country about a year ago. Loving the broadband now.

17. Do you have a significant other? If yes, tell us about her/him.

My fiancee's name is Amanda. I met her 8 years ago online and I moved here from New Zealand 6 years ago to live with her. We have been together ever since and plan on getting married early next year(if our money holds out). She is being a stay at home Mum at the moment but she was working in Child Care.

18. The weekend is winding down. What did you do this weekend?

Friday night enjoyed a beer while playing Discworld. went to bed about 3am and got up at 8am. Did mostly housey sort of stuff on Saturday, played Discworld, took the bottles to the recycling depot etc. Saturday night.. Played Discworld as I recall while browsing the ozzu and snopes forums. Went to bed around 2:30am. Sunday got up at 6:30am and went to work. Got home around 1:30pm and had a nap and went to my Fiancee's parents place for Dinner. Went to bed at 2am..

19. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

None that I am aware of. Does it count if you get really energetic when lacking in sleep ?

20. What are some of your favorite movies?

I can't remember the last time I watched a movie.. American Pie 2 & 3 were good(1 annoyed me), King Kong I also thought was very good. As I said I don't watch many movies I prefer to play on the computer or read.

21. Are you a morning person or night owl?

A night person which is a pain for me as I start work at 7am :/

22. Tell us about your very first part time job.

It was working in a Supermarket butchery, I quite enjoyed it I was on the Customer Service side of things though we did have to clean up the Mincer, Bandsaw, Slicer and benches. After about 9 months our supervisor got promoted to being a Deputy Manager and nobody got put in to replace him. So we supervised ourselves after that which was good. Plus we got first dibs on stuff.

23. Is there someone from your past you wish you could go back and talk to?

An old friend named Nicole but I am working on getting in contact :)

24. Would you rather have eyes that always smile or a voice that makes people calm?

I think a voice that makes people calm would be good.

25. What 2 things could you not do as a child but can do now as an adult?

Talk to strangers & Drive.

26. Do you have any obsessions?

I can be a bit of a perfectionist especially when it comes to my programming.

27. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim?

I'll have to think about that. Have you been done 613Flavah?

28. Favorite subject in high school?

Probably Science, They kept on changing the year at which you could start a computer course up as I moved through school. In the end in Year 11 they removed it completely. I left at the end of that year.

29. What operating system are you currently running?

Windows XP Pro SP2

30. We dream every night but we don't always remember them. Do you remember last night's dream? If so, wanna share?

I hardly ever remember my dreams.

31. What sort of music gets you happy/sad/calm?

Jazz is fairly happy music, my favorite music though is Alternative / Industrial Rock.

32. what color is your socks right now?

Black

33. when you were younger did you try to fly?

No unless you count the time I fell out of a tree onto a rock. I can't remember what I was thinking immediately prior to this.

34. if you did try to fly, what did you do(cardboard wings)?

If we count that as a flying attempt. Nothing was used except my arms :)

35. Favourite Superhero

I don't actually have one. Not big on the superheroes.. Too Goody Goody.

36. Do you have a big computer desk or a small one

Medium Sized I suppose , 2 tiered about 1.5 metres long by 2 metres tall.

37. How cluttered does it usually get, if at all, and what with

Very cluttered, all sorts of things are on it. Looking at it currently there is a spindle of 700MB CD's. A bunch of other CD's. Some Driver Discs for my Kodak Software, a couple of magazines, a few books. A peg. a empty film canister. A small blue light that should be on my keyring, and some floppy disks. Oh and a joystick I don't use, a bunch of papers of various sorts either printouts or just little bits of writing I've done on scraps of paper/printer paper. I can't actually see my scanner except from the front.. Its just like my computer desktop, you have to hunt through 2 inches of junk to find what your after ;)
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

38. Have you ever played Bionic Commando ?

No. Never heard of it either.

39. If you had a hammer, would you hammer in the morning ?

Nope, maybe in the afternoon :)

40. Would you want to be one of the first people to try theese things ? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4817848.stm

Absolutely. Those look absolutely rockin! "Stuck at the back of the traffic? Clear them away with one mighty kick!"

41. How long can you hold your breath ?

2-3 minutes.

42. Ever saved a life ?

One of my fiancee's friends daughters started drowning in a pool and I jumped in and grabbed her.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

43. While making a sandwich in the middle of the night, do you turn on the kitchen light, or leave the fridge door open ?
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

43. While making a sandwich in the middle of the night, do you turn on the kitchen light, or leave the fridge door open ?
My fridge's light is broken so I turn on the light :)
  • Vincent
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

44. How good is the view from where you live?

btw, 613flavah has been done
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

45. What countries have you travelled to?

46. If none, is there any you wish to travel to?

47. What would you say to the suggestion of giving Joebert the next GTKY experience?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
47. What would you say to the suggestion of giving Joebert the next GTKY experience?

http://www.ozzu.com/general-discussion/gtky-smokenjoe-t60099.html#318793 :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, i couldnt find one on the all shiny new search facility that BWM brought in that was supposed to be better than the last one etc etc etc :lol:
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

In regards to your answer to my avatar question. I said AVATAR not NICKNAME :P
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

44. How good is the view from where you live?
Currently not real good. I live in near the center of a town so mainly houses though there is a school behind me where the local Highland bagpipes band practice. Where I used to live in the country was a nice view when it had been raining a bit and all the grass was green.

45. What countries have you travelled to?

I've lived in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. Auckland, New Zealand and Adelaide, Australia. I've not travelled to any other countries apart from those.

46. If none, is there any you wish to travel to?

I would like to visit Europe. My fiancee wants to go to the US but I prefer Europe :)

Hes already been done according to the link he supplied :) I'm thinking Pramitroy.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

48. Do you have an avatar ? I swear I can't see one for you. :scratchhead:

49. What's your favorite food ? Favorite way to have it prepared ?

50. If you could get a dollar for every time someone you knew did somthing that not many people do, what would it be ?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh wait you're right.. that's not an avatar haha ok then explain that Ao windows thingy i don't get it
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Odd, i thought mods would have been in the know a bit more than the average member about the AOI.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

OUCH!
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: @ Flavah
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

48. Do you have an avatar ? I swear I can't see one for you.

Lol of course I do. Its just in the shop getting repaired ;) To be honest I was plain lost by Flavahs question about my non existent(as well as not usually being a big boardchat person, I seldom come across the term avatar) so thought maybe she meant my Nickname. To recapitulate. The reason I'm not a webmaster isn't because I couldn't learn the language and understand it its more because I lack in creativity. I'm a terrible artist. With photoshop, pen or anything. If anyone wants to try making me a avatar I'll be glad to have a look at it ;)

49. What's your favorite food ? Favorite way to have it prepared ?

Favorite food would I guess have to be Lasagne, I like a nice cheesy and meaty lasagne. Something like this.. 3 layers of meat.
In each layer.. Parmesan & Bechamel sauce with a bit of mozarella maybe. Chuck some cooked carrot in the meat as well. Topped with the above mentioned cheeses.

50. If you could get a dollar for every time someone you knew did somthing that not many people do, what would it be ?

mmm Advanced Calculus in your head.

And do you want me to answer this after you got knocked about by SB ?
Quote:
oh wait you're right.. that's not an avatar haha ok then explain that Ao windows thingy i don't get it
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes still answer it. Ignore SB
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

51. What does AoI mean?

It means Accuracy of Information and its a group whos members have given accurate information to problems or questions over time. We are also supposed to ask questions to clarify the original posters problem to help others solve the problem.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. I had never seen that before thanks :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry flavah, didn't mean that to sound like it did :oops:
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm surprised I thought you would have being a mod :)
Ahh well we live and learn.
  • Vincent
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

[ for anybody who just lost at what Alkatr0z's last 2 paragraphs were about - http://www.ozzu.com/general-discussion/handheld-keyboard-and-mouse-wtf-t60641.html ]
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol thanks Vincent. Guess thats what happens when your trying to analyse a Hijack This log, looking at a couple of other problems and a couple of general posts all at the same time and then decide to tack on another part to a post ;)

Edited it out now anyway.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just cos I'm a mod on here has nothing to do with what I know and don't know. But thanks for clearing that up.
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z

Post 3+ Months Ago

I merely assumed that the Mods would have access to all the groups or have knowledge of the creation of them, which I don't feel is necessarily a bad or silly assumption.. Obviously that was wrong of me so I apologise.

And this:
I'm surprised I thought you would have being a mod :)

Was in response to your saying you hadn't seen it before.

Nothing about your knowledge of or about the group.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 29 posts