GTKY -- Axe

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.

2. Tell us about the town you live in.

3. How did you first get into computers?

5. What do you do for a living? Are you a student or do you work for the big man?

6. Tell us about your forum http://www.photosapien.com/

7. I'm very well aware of your deep love for reptiles, especially snakes. How did this love begin?

8. Do you have any pet snakes? Tell us about them!

9. Who is your hero?

10. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

11. Name your top 5 pet peeves.

12. What are some of your favorite movies/books?

13. Do you drive? if yes, what do you drive?

14. What's in the trunk of your car currently?

15. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?

16. What did you do yesterday from the time you woke up till the time you went to bed?

17. Do you have a significant other? If yes, tell us about her/him.

18. Favorite day of the week?

19. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

20. What are some of your hobbies?

21. Fave type of food?

22. Are you a morning person or night owl?

23. Tell us about your very first part time job.

24. Do you believe that we are alone in the universe?

25. City life or country life, which suits you better?

26. What 2 things could you not do as a child but can do now as an adult?

27. You are originally from England I believe. Do you have that sexy accent to go along with it too? ;)

28. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim?

29. What colour are your socks right now?

30. Would you rather hit every red light for the rest of your life or always be wrong?

Post more questions everyone.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm... you know I already had one of these done right? ;)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Continued from... here

1. Came up in a search long time ago. I honestly can't remember what it was for now. :)

2. There's not much to tell. Myakka State Park is 10 minutes down the road, the weather's great most of the year, but those hurricanes can get annoying

3. My parents bought me a computer in 1984 as a birthday present, and I was hooked ever since.

4. What happened to #4?

5. I'm self-unemployed ;)

I have my websites, hoping to breed the higher end boas & ball pythons as the collection grows and they reach breeding age. I also have a couple of local office clients that I work for occasionally (maintaining the networks, making sure systems stay online, setting up new PCs added to the company, etc).

6. Photosapien is a photography forum I started up to try to help both new and experienced photographers learn more about the craft, and to just sit and discuss good places to shoot, get some good feedback and critique on images, techniques, etc. It's been relatively slow to grow, but I've really not pushed it or promoted it much. It is slowly picking up though. :)

7. It started probably when I was about 5. My parents got me one of those big everything-about-everything science books that every kid gets at some point or another. I turned the page and there was a photo of a Komodo Dragon and I just fell in love. :mrgreen:

8. Yup, I have 4 snakes at the moment, a male albino boa, and three female het albino boas. These guys are still young, and probably won't be able to breed until at least the end of 2007. I'm hoping I can pick up some adults this year, and a few more unusual babies.

9. This has changed since my last GTKY, well, kinda. It's being added to. My mother, her bro, and David (my friend Jeremy's dad). David has become like a father to me also, and is one of the nicest and smartest people I've ver met in my life.

10. My life's motto is never have mottos, heh. Just kidding. I had a bad motorbike crash in '96 which changed my outlook on life. Since then, it's pretty much been don't do anything you know you'll regret, and don't regret anything you've ever done.

11. Computer illiterate people acting like they know what they're talking about.

Girlfriends that ask me to do something but then criticize the way I do it and want me to do it "their way" (I don't, either they ask me and let me do it my way, or they do it themselves).

People who ask you a question, already having made up their mind of what the answer should be, then getting all pissy when you don't give them the answer they expect (even though your answer/solution is the correct one), and do it their own way and screw things up anyway (and then come begging to me to fix it after I told 'em not to do it).

People who ride motorcycles in Florida without helmets (they're all idiots if they don't wear a helmet, regardless of whether the law allows them to or not).

Pet stores. Almost none of them have a clue what they're doing when it comes to reptiles, and the animals are basically tortured. Pet stores don't fix the situation and give them the care they provide because it's not profitable. That's why I refuse to buy anything from pet stores (especially the big chains like DeathCo and Petsmart).

12. Any book by Richard Laymon is good. Favourite movies include most Al Pacino movies, Underworld, Trainspotting, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels, those are the ones that spring to mind right now.

13. Haven't driven since I moved to Florida. Too many idiots on the road. I'd probably end up killing somebody (or myself).

14. Nothing. No car, No trunk! :)

15. That's a tough one, I may have to think about that a while.

16. Woke up, did the usual "morning stuff", fed the dragons, then worked on my sites.

17. Not any more. Applicants, please send me a PM :)

18. Monday (long story)

19. Is there such a thing as a talent that's TRULY useless?

20. Photography was my main hobby until I traded the camera away for the albino boa, heh. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Nikon D200 sometime soon and be able to get fully back into that again.

21. Don't really have one any more. There's a bunch of stuff I like, but I do miss those Lamb Kangans

22. I guess I'm a bit of both, if staying up until 6am counts as a "morning person" ;)

23. Please, I'm still trying to forget it ;)

24. Nope, definitely not.

25. As long as I've got broadband, I'd rather be living in the country.

26. Keep reptiles and get *censored* ;)

27. heh, yup

28. I don't know yet, I'll have to have a think about it. But, probably somebody who hasn't already had a GTKY done to them :mrgreen:

29. Not wearing any, just got out of bed.

30. I'd rather hit the red lights. I'd get there eventually. If I were simply wrong, I'd never arrive at all.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

31. Where bouts in England are you from?
(/me thought your were american)

32. Ever been bitten by a snake?

33. if yes, does it hurt?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

31. North West coast, about 60 miles west of Manchester :)

32. Yup, but not by anything venomous

33. Not really. It was a 5ft adult corn snakes. I didn't feel a thing until the blood started to trickle down my arm. The bite itself was almost no feeling at all.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
Umm... you know I already had one of these done right? ;)
:shock: . Haha! That's harsh. Get ready for a double dose Axe! ;)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's ok, I'm used to Flavah goofin' up...

just kidding gorgeous *hugs* :mrgreen:
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

35. Computer Specs?

36. Camera Specs?

37. Favorite Photo?

38. Music Styles?

39. Play any computer games?

40. Windows or Linux :twisted:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

35. AthlonXP2500+ Barton, 1Gig RAM, 80Gig PATA, 120Gig SATA, 250Gig SATA, 52x CD Burner, 8x DVD Burner, 256Meg GeForce something or other AGP, 19" CRT in 1920x1440 resolution.

36. Just my trusty Nikon N90s at the moment. I traded the D100 away in August for an albino boa. I'm hoping to pick up a D200 soon though.

37. Of my own or somebody else's? I really don't have a favourite either way. I don't really pay THAT much attention to other people's work, and rather concentrate on my own. I do have a few of mine printed out, maybe 20 or so images, that I'm particularly proud of.

38. Old school... Gn'R, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Metallica (Pre the Load CD), AC/DC, Skid Row, WASP, Iron Maiden, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails, that kinda stuff.

39. I've been getting into "Flat Out" recently, which is a pretty neat game. Fun to play for a coupla weeks, then just pisses you off so you go find the cheats to unlock everything, then you get bored with it.

I just got GTA: San Andreas, so giving that a whirl at the moment. Love the bikes, and can't wait to check out the new GTA game.

40. Depends. The PC I'm typing on now is Windows XP, because I need Photoshop, Premiere, and other applications that require windows. My main laptop is Linux, as are all my servers. My other laptop is Win2K Pro.

I like both operating systems. Both have their place, and perform their respective tasks admirably.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

41. If you eat Chineese (Americanized version), I get the impression you wouldn't pay much mind to the fortune cookie fortunes, but, do you eat the cookies ?

42. You have a tendancy to be rather blunt, have you always been like that, or is it somthing that experience has taught you ?

43. Care to make an estimate of how many ~bytes of disk space you've filled with ideas you've created over the years ?

44. I'm sorry man but I have to ask, do you use Axe body spray ?

45. Everyone has their biggest "I'll never do that again", what's yours ?

56. If you were able to get a penny for every time you did some tiny overlooked action for the rest of your life, what would that action be ?

47. Are there any extra precautions you take if you need to ride your motercycle somewhere on wet roads, or do you avoid riding on wet roads at all costs ?
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
41. If you eat Chineese (Americanized version), I get the impression you wouldn't pay much mind to the fortune cookie fortunes, but, do you eat the cookies ?
44. I'm sorry man but I have to ask, do you use Axe body spray ?

:lol: funny stuff!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

41. Nope. Not a big fan of Chinese :)

42. Mostly the latter. When I first started out on the net, I was enthuastic and gave the human population too much credit. Now, you can see some types of people a mile away. :)

43. Not including image related productions (still or video), I'd probably be able to fill at least an 200Gig drive with all the applications I've written, websites I've created (I try to keep them minimalist, and don't include user-contributed content in that calculation - avatars, gallery uplods, etc).

44. Heh, sure, why not? :)

45. I want to answer these questions honestly, and if I were to answer this one honestly, I think it'd be a lil too personal for me to want to tell the world :)

46 (56?!?). That's a good one. umm.... pressed a key on my keyboard? (that sentence gotta be worth at least $0.37) ;)

47. Yeah, the main precaution I took when the roads were wet was to call the local taxi place. Whenever I did that, I never slipped and totalled my bike :)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

48. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?

49.Do you live alone or have roomies?

50. how tall are you?

51. Would you rather have needles for leg hair or have flares shoot out of your nose every time you say the word "the" (ouch)

52. Today is Friday the 13th. You may not take drastic safety precautions every Friday the 13th, but are you totally immune to the superstition? Given the choice, would you get married, start a new job or close on a house on Friday the 13th?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is a pet store called DeathCo? :shock:

Oooh nice music tastes. I had you pegged as a Matchbox 20 kinda guy :lol: KIDDING!

*poke* at you for being difficult and answering the questions without the question printed above it! :lol:

xxxx
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

53. favorite Guns 'N Roses album?
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great answers Axe.

#45: hehehe

-----
54. If you can be admin for one day at Ozzu, what would you do first?

55. Are you into any kind of sport?

56. About answer on #32, is there not venomous snakes that bites?

57. My daughter wants a lizzard or a chameleon as a pet, what you recommend me?

58. How do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

48. Why do hot dogs come in packages fo 10 yet hot dog buns only come in packages of 8? (anybody see that movie).

49. I have a roommate at the moment.

50. Not terribly. about 5'10"

51. You're sick, you know that? ;)

52. Start a new job, at lesat that way I can call in sick and start Monday instead ;)

// DeathCo == PetCo, where the pet go, to die :)

53. That's a tough one. Probably Live Era.

54. Throw that Axe guy off the moderator team, he's a pain in the a$$ ;)

55. Not really. I used to play various sports quite a bit, but not any more. I was never into just watching it. Except MotoGP; If motorsports count. Love watching the MotoGP.

56. Sure, I've worked with plenty of venomous snakes. Black Forest cobras, King cobras, Egyptian cobras, monocled cobras, timber rattlers, western diamondback rattlers, black mambas. But, *touch wood*, I've never been bitten by anythign venomous yet.

57. A Leopard gecko or an African Fat Tailed Gecko, if you're set on a lizard. Corn snake or ball python if a snake could be considered. Chameleons are too high maintenance and delicate for a beginner.

58. That's complicated, but hopefully breeding high end boas & ball pythons. :)
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You didn't answer 51!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

59. When you have guests, do you ever look at one of your snake areas & say "That's weird, where did {snake_name} go ?" to take the edge off for someone not so fond of them ?

60. When's the last time you've gone camping ?

61. Ever go to Livestock ? :D

62. If you were around a campfire at a concert, someone was holding a metal pole in the fire for who knows how long, then someone came around & asked for a light for their cigerette, when the person holding the metal pole lifts the glowing red hot end of the pole up & the person asking for a light grabs the red hot end of the pole, would you laugh when that person flinched, looked at their hand, & simply said "Damn, that's gonna hurt like hell tomarrow" ?

63. If somthing was invented to make keyboards a thing of the past, what would your next choice of overlooked actions that would get you a penny for each time you did it be ?

64. When you get new cellphones, do you save the old ones ?

65. {Ask yourself a question here}

66. Ever been thrown out of somewhere ? (I was thrown out of the Hard Rock once on a buddys 21st birthday, not my doing, but asked to leave none the less)

67. Do you have any clocks in your place that may have a dead battery ?
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can I rephrase #59?

59. When you have guests, do you ever look at one of your snake areas & say "That's weird, where did {guest_name} go ?" to take the edge off for someone not so fond of them ?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

59. No, but I've done similar at a friend's house. He had an empty cage in his room with the door slightly open (nobody had been living in it), but he had visitors around one day from a local wildlife control/capture company, so they could learn how to deal with venomous animals they may encounter. My friend opened the door, walked in, and I followed.

I noticed the cage door open, and asked my friend if he'd found his king cobra yet. I've never seen three grown men run so fast. ;)

60. Full on camping when I was about 10. Up until about 5 years ago, I'd take a day or two off here and there, but as I was traveling between venues on motorcycle, I don't think those really count, heh.

61. Nope, last concert I went to was AC/DC in Manchester at the end of 2000. In the US I've only seen Ziggy Marley & Aerosmith. I've seen many other bands live in the early-mid 90s...

Iron Maiden, Slayer, WASP, Skid Row, Thunder, The Almighty, Guns N' Roses, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Metallica, Motley Crue, Queensryche, Black Crowes, Lenny Kravitz, etc, etc.

62. I would most definitely laugh. Oh yeah, very hilarious, although my reply would probably be a little less courteous than the one you suggested ;)

63. Make a pot of coffee. I'd be a millionaire eventually ;)

64. Naah, what's the point? :)

65. Will I ever actually buy World of Warcraft, or just keep playing on my friend's account? Probably the second one.

66. I was ejected from Downing Street (the British equivalent to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave) at gunpoint at 5am on my 20th birthday (drunk as a skunk), if that counts ;)

67. Quite possibly.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

put the questions in your answers... i have 2 browsers open just to read it :P
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha yea no kidding and please pick the next victim
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

are all the mod done yet?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

loved the answer to #59 :lol:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, #59 was great fun ;)

I didn't pick anybody yet? Hmm.. okies, lemme have a think for half an hour or so.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's been an hour :P
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's been a day!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK well he's avoiding it on purpose so I'm gonna go ahead and take nominations for the next victim since he won't. Please list your victim choices here!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
62. I would most definitely laugh. Oh yeah, very hilarious, although my reply would probably be a little less courteous than the one you suggested

I think I phrased the end of #62 wrong, the "Damn, that's gonna to hurt like hell tomarrow" was comming from the person that just torched their hand.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 53 posts