GTKY - celandine

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

99. |)0 '/0|_| 5|*33|< 1337?
100. What's the fastest you have driven in a car?
101. If you could have the ability to time-travel, would you?
102. If you could have any superpower? (time travel would be mine)
103. (Beer and Pizza) or (Wine and Cheese) ... ? (with that question's set up you can see that I do a bit of programming ... lol)
104. You wake up to find all the keys on your keyboard have been swapped around, will you still be able to type ... ?
105. Do girls fart? (This is an argument that we always have when we go away for a weekend in the early hours of the morning.)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

read more than speak, would be a fair assessment. I don't find it very intuitive though.
Quote:
100. What's the fastest you have driven in a car?

I don't have a licence so I've never driven very fast (instructors won't let you :D) I love being driven though, and I love being driven fast. Fastest a car was moving with me in it was 230kmh, on a japanese highway. A friend was taking me to Fukushima to see some caves. The road was perfect and empty, so he just stepped on the gas... I slept through most of the ride though. It was amazing how you couldn't feel the speed - good car + good road, you'd never know it was going that fast if the meter wasn't showing it... doing 70kmh in a Yugo feels faster and more dangerous :D
Quote:
101. If you could have the ability to time-travel, would you?

Of course. Everywhere. Constantly. In fact I'd probably keep tampering with it till I messed up the spacetime continuum and undid the Big Bang or something.
Quote:
102. If you could have any superpower? (time travel would be mine)

well since I got time travel as part of the previous question... :D Being invisible would be wicked. Also superhuman strength and speed could be put to some very creative uses........ mind reading would be handy, but ultimately depressing. nobody ever thinks anything nice.....
Quote:
103. (Beer and Pizza) or (Wine and Cheese) ... ? (with that question's set up you can see that I do a bit of programming ... lol)

hmmm.. Champagne and Blueberries? also Champagne, Tiger Prawns and Avocado. That's really perfect. Especially while in a jacuzzi.

In a binary choice between the two offered, Wine and Cheese. I'm not fond of either beer or wine, but I prefer wine to beer, and I prefer white wine to red. I like pizza though :D And adore almost all types of cheese.
Quote:
104. You wake up to find all the keys on your keyboard have been swapped around, will you still be able to type ... ?

yeah I never look at the keyboard anyways.
Quote:
105. Do girls fart? (This is an argument that we always have when we go away for a weekend in the early hours of the morning.)

Of course they do. Just not as obviously - or with as much relish - as the boys. You've probably never heard one do it, and you probably never will - but I assure you they do. It's a physiological inevitability :D (I don't, of course. I'm unique that way.)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
Quote:

read more than speak, would be a fair assessment. I don't find it very intuitive though.

point taken.
celandine wrote:
Quote:

Of course they do. Just not as obviously - or with as much relish - as the boys. You've probably never heard one do it, and you probably never will - but I assure you they do. It's a physiological inevitability :D (I don't, of course. I'm unique that way.)

I thought as much ... lol.
//more coming soon ...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm a-waiting... :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

106. Copy what you pasted last.
107. What (if anything) are you afraid of?
108. What did your wedding look like?
109. Tell a joke ...
110. Favorite chocolate?
111. Did you know that in cricket the number '111' is also called a Nelson?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

112. Make up a limerick about Post-it notes.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you all give her a break?

:D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

//is that a question to her or a statement to us ... ? lol.
113. folded or crumpled?
114. Media Player or Winamp?
115. Quick reply or advanced reply?
116. 1 or 2 screens connected to your PC?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

// No breaks -- R_T had over 1000 questions in his GTKY..

// Edit: This was my 4000th post, woot! I'm almost caught up to ATNO now, just ~16,000 more to go...
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
//is that a question to her or a statement to us ... ? lol.

erm, overstatement to both of you. :)

spork wrote:
// No breaks -- R_T had over 1000 questions in his GTKY..

Go on, spork

:)

I'd like to see all.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Anyhow I'm guessing that's actually 'paste what you copied last'? Well here goes:
109. Tell a joke ...
110. Favorite chocolate?
Quote:

Roaches, giant grasshoppers, big fat bugs. Not spiders, not scorpions, not snakes, not lizards. But big bugs gross me out.
Quote:

like this:
There's a few more shots online that you can see here.
It was held in the botanical garden so everything was quite green and lovely. There was a string quartet playing Strauss' waltzes and there were square glass bowls of giant juicy red cherries on ice and cocktails and food I never got to taste cuz I was running around so much but people were coming up to me for weeks afterwards to say 'I loved your wedding, the food was AMAZING!!' so I was really sorry i never tried it... the catering guys were great, I asked them to make everything as unusual as possible, and they really came up with some very creative combinations...
Quote:
109. Tell a joke ...

A rabbit is walking through the jungle and suddenly he looks up and spots the elephant sitting up in a tree.
so the rabbit asks him 'elephant elephant, what are you doing so high up in that tree?'
and the elephant says 'eating cherries!'
rabbit: 'But you're sitting in a walnut tree!!?'
elephant: 'I brought cherries.'
Quote:
110. Favorite chocolate?

Richart of Paris. Expensive as sin but my god I've never tasted anything like it. They've got amazing flavors like curry chocolate, kumquat chocolate, jasmine tea chocolate, anise & fennel, cinnamon, rose, ginger, redcurrant, lemon grass... they really taste amazing. Sadly the only shops in europe are in paris and milan.
Quote:

nope. in fact I don't know anything about cricket except that is is a little bit like baseball except with many more convoluted rules which I can't understand. Plus there's gotta be something wrong with a sport in which a match lasts for five days, right? And they have a break for lunch and a break for tea!!???
Quote:
112. Make up a limerick about Post-it notes.

To take an affair and just roast it,
nothing says it like a post-it.
you could write him a letter,
but only one thing is better -
break up with the guy with a post-it!
Quote:
112b. Can you all give her a break?

I know this one is not for me but just for the record - bring it on. no mercy required.... :D
Quote:
113. folded or crumpled?

folded in spirit, crumpled in practice.
Quote:
114. Media Player or Winamp?

media player, I must confess. there's something about winamp that unnerves me, on a completely irrational level.
Quote:
115. Quick reply or advanced reply?

mostly quick, if i'm not excessively quoting or inserting or whatever.....
Quote:
116. 1 or 2 screens connected to your PC?

one 20" computer screen and one big-a** 36" tv.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
then I decided he was boring. first kiss in the back row of the movie theatre, watching something from 'dawn of the dead' series. the thing where the guy with a chainsaw for an arm travels back in time through a well.... (??

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. :)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

that's the one :D
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
... in fact it's simply the Serbian spelling of Lidia/ Lydia.

You know, for the longest time I thought you were Scottish. I kept processing your screen name as some corruption of Caledonian. :lol: So, I'm glad to get at least one moniker correct.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
Quote:
93. You're going to a dress up party and the dress code is, "anything starting with the letter P", what do you go as?

Pythagorean theorem?

You have no idea how many awesome points you just gained with that answer. :D
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You know, for the longest time I thought you were Scottish. I kept processing your screen name as some corruption of Caledonian.

ha ha ha :D do I seriously come off as Scottish? Celandine is a proper female name, originally Greek (just like Lidia) - and also a name of a little yellow wild flower... I don't know many traditional Scottish names, but Irish names can be quite beautiful - my friend Deirdre taught me a few a long time ago and I can't remember them now and I hate myself for it!! Kayleigh is also a really wicked name, but that I think is English.....
Quote:
Quote:
Pythagorean theorem?

You have no idea how many awesome points you just gained with that answer

ha ha ha the real challenge is what does one wear to show off one's hypotenuse? :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really cool wedding photos ... looks like it was great fun ...
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
celandine wrote:
Quote:
93. You're going to a dress up party and the dress code is, "anything starting with the letter P", what do you go as?

Pythagorean theorem?

You have no idea how many awesome points you just gained with that answer. :D

eh :scratchhead: Is this some sort of weird intellectual joke :?:

Quote:
In mathematics, the Pythagorean theorem (American English) or Pythagoras' theorem (British English) is a relation in Euclidean geometry among the three sides of a right triangle. The theorem is named after the Greek mathematician Pythagoras, who by tradition is credited with its discovery and proof,[1] although knowledge of the theorem almost certainly predates him. The theorem is as follows:

You'd go to a party dressed as ... errrrm ... a thingy :?: Really :?: :shock: What's wrong with Penguin Parrot or maybe a Poo :?:
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

//Oh, and so by the way, 5 day cricket is the best thing ever ... seriously, it's an excuse to have a five day long BBQ marathon and beer drinking marathon ... for five straight days ... and then just every now and then you check the score or watch a quick replay ...
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
Celandine is a proper female name, originally Greek...

When I was a kid, I worked in a Greek restaurant for 2 years. I only learned to swear. :twisted:

celandine wrote:
I don't know many traditional Scottish names, but Irish names can be quite beautiful - my friend Deirdre...

Caledonia, I believe, is the Roman name for Scotland.

Gawd!!! I love the name Deirdre! Hot! :lol:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Really cool wedding photos ... looks like it was great fun ...

thanks :D yeah it was nice. I'm not too keen on weddings - in fact I probably would have happily missed my own if my attendance wasn't a pretty basic requirement.... but it did turn out a pretty cool event in the end.
Quote:
Pythagorean theorem?...
eh Is this some sort of weird intellectual joke

ha ha ha yeah I guess you could call it that... I guess I was just trying to give a reply that would qualify as thinking outside the box. or, in this case, triangle. :D
Quote:
Oh, and so by the way, 5 day cricket is the best thing ever ... seriously, it's an excuse to have a five day long BBQ marathon and beer drinking marathon ... for five straight days ...

Exactly! just as I suspected.... I bet half the people there only half-understand the rules anyways.... :D
Quote:
When I was a kid, I worked in a Greek restaurant for 2 years. I only learned to swear.

hahaha that can be very handy at times :D Nothing gets you accepted into a community as a well-placed local swearword.....
Quote:
Gawd!!! I love the name Deirdre! Hot!

yeah, me too. she was a great girl, deirdre......
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

4 pages that's awesome! keep em coming guys :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 52 posts