• battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. How did you come across Ozzu.com?

2. What's behind your avatar image?

3. Tell us something interesting about Belgrade and Serbia

4. What languages do you interpret in?

6. What's the meaning behind your nickname?

7. What did you do this past weekend?

8. Tell us about your current living arrangements. (Who you live with, in a house/apartment, etc)

9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

10. Tell us something about your self that we might find surprising.

11. What are you listening to right now?

12. What kind of car do you drive? (post a photo!)

13. Your profile states you are fluent in 4 languages, one of them being Japanese. Impressive! Where did you pick that one up?

14. Pet peeves. We all have them. Give us your top 5.

15. Any vacation plans you are looking forward to sometime this year you'd like to share with us?

16. Guilty pleasures & bad habits (cigarettes, gum, candy, etc) Give us the dirt!

17. Tell us about http://www.celandinewebdesign.com/

18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

19. What are you up to today?

20. What are you listening to right now?

21. Favorite meal?

22. What are some of your hobbies?

23. Have you traveled much? Tell us where you've been.

24. Who was your fave superhero growing up?

25. Do you have any pets?

26. Tell us about the last thing you were thinking about.

27. What do you do to stay in shape? Or do you do anything at all? LOL

28. What's the craziest thing you'd do for 1 million $?

29. What's your favorite song(s)?

30. What other sites do you frequent besides ozzu.com?

Post more questions everyone.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aw, i'm so glad this has finally come about.

I'll chuck in a few questions later on.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh heh... I'll get right onto these as soon as I get home... :D

edit: what the heck, now is good.

Quote:
1. How did you come across Ozzu.com?

by accident really. I started mucking around with web design so I typed something like 'web design forum' into google and up it came.

Quote:
2. What's behind your avatar image?

her name is Dr. Atsuko Chiba, from the anime 'Paprika'. I use Paprika herself (Atsuko's dream-world alter ego) as an avatar on another forum... I love anime when it's top quality. so much more imaginative than most of western cinematography...

Quote:
3. Tell us something interesting about Belgrade and Serbia

oh heavens. this place is boring, I want to get out of here.... umm interesting... the name 'belgrade' ('beograd' in original) means 'white city' - they say back when the central citadel was first built the whole thing really made of white stone. must have been quite a sight, at the estuary of two rivers.... not so white these days.

Quote:
4. What languages do you interpret in?

English - Serbian for work. nothing too exciting :D It's mostly customs-related matters...

Quote:
6. What's the meaning behind your nickname?

it's a bit convoluted really. celandine kennington was the wife of eric kennington, a good friend of T E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia). I was reading something about T E Lawrence's life and came across the name, which just appealed to me immensely. T E Lawrence, incidentally, is probably my favourite historical figure.....

Quote:
7. What did you do this past weekend?

went to swimming pool with friends and got terribly sunburnt... owie... then played a bit of tennis on the sunday, hilariously because the wind was so strong the balls were flying in wide arcs.

Quote:
8. Tell us about your current living arrangements. (Who you live with, in a house/apartment, etc)

little but wonderfully furnished and modern apartment (was made brand new for us out of the upper half of Husband's parents' ginormous apartment, lucky lucky) with Husband and two cats. The tiles in my kitchen are arranged to make pictures of space invaders!!!

Quote:
9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

'It's in my blood to B+' (I'm A+ really but that wouldn't be as punchy...)

Quote:
10. Tell us something about your self that we might find surprising.

hnmmm... I can recite the entire 'Waste Land' by heart (heh heh no, just kidding...) ...hmm.... I don't really like people very much, on the whole. I don't think that shows most of the time :D

Quote:
11. What are you listening to right now?

clock ticking. If I could be bothered to put some music on I'd be listening to 'Slow Hand' by the Pointer Sisters. That or the Portal closing credits song.

Quote:
12. What kind of car do you drive? (post a photo!)

don't drive. took the test once, failed splendidly and never tried again... will do someday. my grandfather bequeathed me his ancient canary-yellow opel kadett, (woulda looked something like this - but yellow...) but my mother and aunt sold it for peanuts behind my back. horrid thing to do. I wanted to trick it out and everything...

Quote:
13. Your profile states you are fluent in 4 languages, one of them being Japanese. Impressive! Where did you pick that one up?

yeah they just sort of stick. as opposed to the natural sciences.... I started studying japanese in high school, that was an accident too. I wanted to go for spanish but they told me the competition was too fierce (it was a kind of a high-profile high school). In the end turns out I coulda gotten into spanish, but it was the finger of fate that sent me into the japanese class - I've loved it madly ever since. Won a scholarship on my 4th year of university and spent a year in tokyo - best year of my life...

Quote:
14. Pet peeves. We all have them. Give us your top 5.

people with unnecessary attitude
boring people you have to sit next to at business dinners
people who want everything to be obsessively neat
liars
people on busses who stand right at the door even though they're not getting off, so you have to ask them to move and they look at you all confused, like 'what?'... ha ha ha that's probably a particular 'belgrade' peeve....

Quote:
15. Any vacation plans you are looking forward to sometime this year you'd like to share with us?

a week in London starting 30 July, and a week in a totally fancy-schmancy hotel in Turkey starting 20 september (yes it's a bit off season but it's the only time I can afford the place heh heh) ......and maybe a week in barcelona somewhere in the autumn.

Quote:
16. Guilty pleasures & bad habits (cigarettes, gum, candy, etc) Give us the dirt!

chocolate. cream. strawberries and cream. icecream. sweets of all descriptions. that and black tea.

Quote:
17. Tell us about http://www.celandinewebdesign.com/

it needs an overhaul!!! it's the first site I ever made, at the end of my little web-design course. I'll redo it completely in the next few weeks (hopefully) and start taking serious steps towards possibly making web design my full-time career...

Quote:
18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

nothing comes to mind...

Quote:
19. What are you up to today?

long day at the office it was - go home, take a walk by the river with Husband (we live right on the quay), then play with cats, fiddle with my newly installed blog..... (yes, I'm one of those now...lol...)

Quote:
20. What are you listening to right now?

that was question no. 11 :D hasn't changed...

Quote:
21. Favorite meal?

seabass and grilled vegetables. just had some at a fancy business dinner in italy - we were in rome, the restaurant was on a rooftop overlooking the Circo Massimo and the seabass - which they call 'spigola' - was unspeakably good.

Quote:
22. What are some of your hobbies?

swimming, shooting, archery (used to be in japan - miss it to death... might open my own dojo someday), reading, tennis... I also love long dinners and neverending evenings of conversation.......... (yeah I talk a lot... heh you noticed, eh? :D )

Quote:
23. Have you traveled much? Tell us where you've been.

lived in bangladesh as a kid, had three months in cyprus coming back from there... spent all summers in croatia but then it didn't use to be a foreign country, sniff... a year in japan... visited quite a bit of europe - vienna, istanbul, rome, london, paris, prague, budapest, lisbon, umm... I've probably left something out... visited nepal a few times from bangladesh - wonderful place...... if it was up to me I'd never stop moving.

Quote:
24. Who was your fave superhero growing up?

ooh they're all good. silver surfer. batman. neil gaiman's sandman. I like the dark ones...

Quote:
25. Do you have any pets?

two monstrous cats who are currently in the habit of waking us up at 5am by horrendous mewling because they feel like cuddles.

Quote:
26. Tell us about the last thing you were thinking about.

I've kind of had a fight with someone yesterday and I can't stop obsessing about it.

Quote:
27. What do you do to stay in shape? Or do you do anything at all? LOL

sex, tennis, plus I swim when I can. did a month of pilates and kinda liked it, but life got too busy... I'll get back to it at some point probably. stretchy :D

Quote:
28. What's the craziest thing you'd do for 1 million $?

probably nothing too crazy. I'm not terribly money-hungry.... in fact I don't think I'd do anything for a million that I wouldn't do in some circumstances even without the million offered.

Quote:
29. What's your favorite song(s)?

soooo many.... 'american girls' by the counting crows. 'one headlight' by tom petty and the heartbreakers. 'sara' by bob dylan. 'slow emotion replay' - the the. 'walk away' - franz ferdinand. 'every you, every me' - placebo. hundreds of others...

Quote:
30. What other sites do you frequent besides ozzu.com?

I love my web-comics - alien loves predator, OOTS, xkcd, penny arcade... the slate for the news... oh and the edge. (and no, it's got nothing to do with guitars :D )

ahh well there's some light bedtime reading for ya...... feel free to keep 'em coming :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote]31. If time froze long enough for you to slap the hell out of someone and get back to your life before time resumed and they wondered what the hell just happened to them, who would it be ?[/quote]

[quote]32. Which if the current world leaders would you vote for in a President of the world election ?[/quote]

[quote]33. What's the climate like in Serbia ?
For some reason I picture it being realy cold with everyone wearing really furry coats, but you mentioned sea bass and now I'm confused.[/quote]

[quote]34. What mundane task would you like to be paid one American cent for every time you do it for the rest of your life ?[/quote]

[quote]35. Who would win in a fight, Steven Hawking, or a suicide bomber ?[/quote]

[quote]36. Ask yourself a question here.[/quote]

[quote]37. I heard on TV that white tea is baby tea, does that mean black tea is granny tea ?[/quote]
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

"The tiles in my kitchen are arranged to make pictures of space invaders!!!"
:lol: brilliant...

[quote]38. Make up a word (in English) and use it in a sentence...[/quote]

[quote]39. Tell us a Japanese swear word :?:[/quote]

[quote]40. What do/did your parents do for a living :?:[/quote]

[quote]41. When was the last time you clenched-your-buttocks :?:[/quote]

[quote]42. Donkey Kong, Chuckie Egg or Defender :?:[/quote]

[quote]43. Where did you meet your husband :?:[/quote]

[quote]44. Pets :?:[/quote]

[quote]45. Religion :?:[/quote]

[quote]46. Cup size :?:[/quote]
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="spork"]47. You're in a dark room and the only thing you can see is a suspiciously well-lit tomato sitting on a table in front of you. What do you do?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]48. Duct tape, masking tape, or Scotch tape?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]49. What's the gist of the strangest conversation you've ever had to translate?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]50. Have you ever used a stapler as a weapon?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]51. Do you drink coffee?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]52. Favorite TV shows?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]53. Red or blue?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]54. What's the largest prime number you can think of off the top of your head?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]55. Beer, wine, spirits, or other? Any favorites?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]56. If you are familiar with the current U.S. presidential candidates, which do you predict will win this year? If not, when was the last time you saw a circus?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]57. You're in your car when suddenly, on the road ahead of you, you spot a large tornado heading your way. You have a teddy bear, a ping pong ball, and a small bag of cashews. What do you do?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]58. Where in the world would you most like to visit that you haven't yet?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]59. I'm surprised 613flavah didn't list this one, but...
spam us: give us some sites you think we should visit.[/quote]

[quote="spork"]60. What's the strangest thing you've ever Googled?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]61. Do you think intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]62. In a battle royale cage match between all of Ozzu's moderators, who do you thing would come out victorious?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]63. Do you prefer pens or pencils? Crayons?[/quote]

[quote="spork"]64. This question is a perfect square. Mathematics: detest or embrace?[/quote]
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote]65. Have you ever seen the movie, or better yet the cartoon, [i]Beetlejuice[/i] ?[/quote]
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote=kc0tma]66. If you could switch places with one person for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?[/quote]

[qoute=kc0tma]67. Name one thing you own that you absolutely could not live without, but not your computer because that is a given.[/quote]

[qoute=kc0tma]68. Name one thing you own that you absolutely positively wish you didn't own but have to keep.[/qoute]
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code: [ Select ]
spork wrote:
57. You're in your car when suddenly, on the road ahead of you, you spot a large tornado heading your way. You have a teddy bear, a ping pong ball, and a small bag of cashews. What do you do?

:lol: best question - ever :!:

69. you list shooting as a hobby, what kind :?:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooh guys gotta go sleep now.... keep 'em coming, more answers tomorrow..... this is fun :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote]70. Did you have dreams of thousands of mini Ozzu dragons chasing you through the city last nite ?[/quote]

[quote]71. Do you think you will now that I mentioned it ? lol[/quote]
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote]72. You catch your best-friend's husband cheating on her. Do you tell the friend? If so, how?[/quote]

[quote]73. What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?[/quote]

[quote]74. Name a song and a smell that evokes nostalgia in you?[/quote]
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
65. Have you ever seen the movie, or better yet the cartoon, Beetlejuice?

yes, loved both

Quote:
66. If you could switch places with one person for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?

I actually quite like being me :D If I had to make a switch though, I'd... hmm... I can't really give you a name because I don't know anyone specific, but someone born into a good family - you know the type, old money, influential... who could - a) own a boat (I would sell my soul for a little yacht, but I'll probably never be able to afford one) and b) get a job in some institution of power, so one could actually make a difference in the world... like, Chairman of the UN, or some such. (but the boat comes first)
Quote:
67. Name one thing you own that you absolutely could not live without, but not your computer because that is a given.

well it's not one thing, but earrings. If someone told me I had to stop wearing earrings I'd have great trouble going through life. I feel naked without them. Incomplete.
Quote:
68. Name one thing you own that you absolutely positively wish you didn't own but have to keep.

Bibles. my husband and I are both atheists, but his mother is a believer and she's forced us to accept these two giant bibles in hard cover with giant gold crosses on the cover....... and I don't want them for two reasons - one, I have a bible (Gideons, my great aunt nicked it from a hotel in london) and it's a nice little one with brown covers, not a giant huge golden 'look at me I'm a bible' ostentatious kind of one.... and two - she kind of forced us to take them, by offering until we didn't know how to politely refuse, and I hate it when people manipulate me like that.
Quote:
69. you list shooting as a hobby, what kind :?:

Handguns. I'm pretty good really. never shot a rifle though... I'd like to. my shooting instructor promised he'll take me along to one of the 'undercover' club gatherings, where they close down the range and fire crazy things like kalashnikovs... :D
Quote:
70. Did you have dreams of thousands of mini Ozzu dragons chasing you through the city last nite ?

ha ha ha no, I dreamt I ran into an old friend somewhere in a foreign city and we were sitting on a large bed with our backs leaned against each other and laughing about something...
Quote:
71. Do you think you will now that I mentioned it ? lol

probably not :D I seldom recognise traces of things that happened to me or things I was thinking about during the day in my dreams. but hey, this could always be the exception ;)
Quote:
72. You catch your best-friend's husband cheating on her. Do you tell the friend? If so, how?

Oooh yes I do I guess. How... god I don't know. if possible arrange it so that she sees/ catches him herself - because people have a tendency of not wanting to believe such things, and 'shooting the messenger'... thankfully I don't think he's the type :D
On the other hand there's a part of me that thinks not saying anything is best. relationships have very strange and complex mechanisms within them, and tampering from the outside often brings nothing good............. hard choice though. I might not tell her but confront him and ask him to do the decent thing by her.
Quote:
73. What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

jumped into the sea off the pier fully dressed because someone who was supposed to be paying attention to me wasn't. pathetic, I know. In my defense, I was only about 16 at the time. I've matured a bit since then.... (cough cough shuuure I have....) well maybe my techniques have gotten a bit subtler.
Quote:
74. Name a song and a smell that evokes nostalgia in you?

Excellent question. Sometimes walking around the city I catch something I could swear was the smell of the sea, and that really cuts me to the quick. Also sometimes I catch an indefinable smell, which I can't exactly place but I know it smells like someplace I've been a long time ago.... that's a strange feeling, like nasal hallucinations. song - sara by bob dylan, and pretty much anything by don mclean or cat stevens, cuz that was the kind of thing that was always on the record player when I was really little and my parents were having these endless parties with all their friends... it was so amazing, to me at the age of four or five, all these people who seemed so smart and interesting... (my parents hung with a nice crowd of people, artists, musicians, philosophers, writers.... none dreadfully good perhaps, but aspiring. people with inner substance)

*kc0tma sorry for taking your name out of your quotes but for some strange reason they wouldn't publish as quotes with the name.... ??
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

You skipped #31-64 :(
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh my god those didn't publish!! no, i answered all of them... damn.... must have been some sort of glitch.
I'll redo them now. sorry :D
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
31. If time froze long enough for you to slap the hell out of someone and get back to your life before time resumed and they wondered what the hell just happened to them, who would it be ?

Robert Mugabe. George Bush. My boss. not necessarily in that order :D
Quote:
32. Which if the current world leaders would you vote for in a President of the world election ?

can't think of anyone in power now who seems up to the job... if I could fish through the past, maybe Kemal Ataturk. Or Willy Brandt.
Quote:
33. What's the climate like in Serbia ?
For some reason I picture it being realy cold with everyone wearing really furry coats, but you mentioned sea bass and now I'm confused.

ha ha ha no that's siberia :D north of russia, very cold. serbia is close to greece and just across the adriatic sea from italy, so we have a temperate climate which is slowly approaching mediterranean (huzzah for global warming :D ) When I was a kid we had all four seasons, and proper snow in the winters - but I haven't seen more than a few days of snow here for years......
Quote:
34. What mundane task would you like to be paid one American cent for every time you do it for the rest of your life ?

cleaning the kitty litter :D
Quote:
35. Who would win in a fight, Steven Hawking, or a suicide bomber ?

Stephen Hawking definitely. He'd think so hard a twist would be created in the spacetime continuum, and the suicide bomber would just be calculated out of existence
Quote:
36. Ask yourself a question here.

Ultimate knowledge or ultimate power? (I suppose an answer is also required so here goes...):
Ultimate knowledge, definitely. That would be my one wish from a magic genie/ goldfish/ lamp/ magical pork pie/ whatever.
Quote:
37. I heard on TV that white tea is baby tea, does that mean black tea is granny tea ?

ha ha ha kind of... :D they're made from the same plant, but white tea uses the youngest little baby leaves - hence baby tea. proper tea uses more mature leaves, so I guess you could call it granny tea... green tea could be a pre-midlife-crisis kind of tea.

*I'll publish these chunk by chunk now.. cuz I'm sure I did them... and I saw them published too... what happened there...?? anyhow I'm trying to recreate them as close as possible to the original answers
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
"The tiles in my kitchen are arranged to make pictures of space invaders!!!"
Quote:
:lol: brilliant...

heh heh yes that took a bit of fighting for... you can imagine Mother in Law wasn't fully enthused. but there they are, invading my kitchen... :D
Quote:
38. Make up a word (in English) and use it in a sentence...

'to plit' - to react with condescension to someone's idea or statement, to scoff at. 'I suggested that line of action days ago, but you completely plitted it at the time!!'
Quote:
39. Tell us a Japanese swear word :?:

'zakennayo :D
Quote:
40. What do/did your parents do for a living :?:

My father started out as an inspector in the police (but he was always more of a liaison - office - paper kind of guy.. international relations.. he was good at languages. he didn't exactly 'walk the beat') then he moved into the diplomatic corps, and when the country fell apart he had a brief and disastrous venture into the world of business, then took his bar exam and became a lawyer. My mother also has a degree in law, but she never took the bar, and she works as a general administrative secretary to a private school of fine arts in belgrade.
Quote:
41. When was the last time you clenched-your-buttocks :?:

ha ha ha probably the other day during anti-cellulite massage. (really hurts, that...)
Quote:
42. Donkey Kong, Chuckie Egg or Defender :?:

Donkey Kong!! And Super Mario Bros, and Space Invaders!!
Quote:
43. Where did you meet your husband :?:

Dreadfully geeky really - fourth year of high school, city-level english language competition. we had both attended school abroad, so our english teachers were abusing our unfair advantage over the other kids. neither of us wanted to go really.... good thing we did, eh? :D
Quote:
44. Pets :?:

yes, two demons from hell. I mean cats.
Quote:
45. Religion :?:

happy agnostic, leaning towards the atheist side. I respect the principles of a number of religions (especially buddhism) but only as a life philosophy. and I can't accept any of the dogma.........

someone once said 'religions die when they are proven to be true. science is the record of dead religions.'
Quote:
46. Cup size :?:

ha ha I presume that's bra? UK 36B, French 85B, Italian 4. We're constantly making jokes around the office about me being the one with the smallest... umm... cuz I work with a D and a very impressive F. Neither of them believe me when I say I'm a B....
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
47. You're in a dark room and the only thing you can see is a suspiciously well-lit tomato sitting on a table in front of you. What do you do?

walk towards the tomato. then act in accordance to arising circumstances. I'm presuming some would arise.....
spork wrote:
48. Duct tape, masking tape, or Scotch tape?

Definitely duct tape - it's half of the great dichotomy of the world. someone once taught me you can approach everything on earth with either duct tape, or WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move, and it should - use WD40. (if it moves as it's supposed to, why are you messin' with it? :D)
spork wrote:
49. What's the gist of the strangest conversation you've ever had to translate?

I couldn't recreate it but it was a man who was speaking a million miles a minute without making any sense whatsoever, throwing in lunatic jokes, repeating words in strange rhythms and making weird sound effects... thankfully the man I was working with at the time knew me well enough, so I essentially interpreted it as 'umm I have no idea what this guy is saying... makes no sense at all... something about simplified procedures, that will have to be... mm no, really makes no sense... oh, he told a joke now, laugh please... god this man is completely mad....' etc.
spork wrote:
50. Have you ever used a stapler as a weapon?

no. but I have been tempted.
spork wrote:
51. Do you drink coffee?

when I do I usually drown it in milk. I'm a tea girl :D when I was younger, for years I wouldn't touch anything coffee flavoured - not even chocolate, or ice cream..... now I like it, but only in certain contexts (mmm, tiramisu....)
spork wrote:
52. Favorite TV shows?

anything with twisted murders and forensic sciences... Homicide - Life on the Street. South Park. Simpsons. House MD. x files while they were good... Dr. Katz. Robot Chicken. Regenesis.....
spork wrote:
53. Red or blue?

blue. easy.
spork wrote:
54. What's the largest prime number you can think of off the top of your head?

umm... 37? 47? 59? don't know....
spork wrote:
55. Beer, wine, spirits, or other? Any favorites?

frozen strawberry margaritas. baileys on the rocks. sangria. anything fruity or creamy... geneva gin. mmm, cranberry flavour!!!
spork wrote:
56. If you are familiar with the current U.S. presidential candidates, which do you predict will win this year? If not, when was the last time you saw a circus?

ha ha ha I love the balance of the two sides of that question!! Seriously, your election system is insanely irrational. how much money does that waste???? Anyhow, I'm hoping Obama, he looks not too stupid and not too arrogant, which is the best you can hope for in someone who'll be deciding your destiny. Circus - gosh, I must have been 9.....
spork wrote:
57. You're in your car when suddenly, on the road ahead of you, you spot a large tornado heading your way. You have a teddy bear, a ping pong ball, and a small bag of cashews. What do you do?

ha ha ha ha... ok... two options. one - I sit in the car munching on the cashews and hugging the teddy, and wait for the tornado to take me to see the Wizard. (this if my starting point is Kansas... :D) two - I walk up to a house with a tornado cellar, knock sweetly, offer the teddy bear in exchange for shelter, share cashews with nice family within and pass the time playing ping pong until the storm passes............ *edit: the first time I read that question, I misread 'tomato' instead of 'tornado'.... you can imagine what a creative answer I had started to concoct...
spork wrote:
58. Where in the world would you most like to visit that you haven't yet?

your place :D NYC is first on my wish list at the moment, it's the only part of the US that really excites me as an idea. Closer to home - Barcelona, and I'm hoping I'll achieve that this year... I'd also love to go back to Tokyo, but god that's so expensive...
spork wrote:
59. I'm surprised 613flavah didn't list this one, but...
spam us: give us some sites you think we should visit.

well, besides the links I gave under 30 (some sites you like to visit), I'd add kiva - my favourite charity - and definitely Superman is a D*ck - it's not updated any more but the archive is all there and my god it's hilarious.....
spork wrote:
60. What's the strangest thing you've ever Googled?

ha ha can't think of a particularly bizarre one now... probably a lot of obscenities unfit to type in public forum. one of the tamer examples might be 'eels sex japanese' kind of thing.
spork wrote:
61. Do you think intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe?

yes. and that question always reminds me of a 'What's up BC?' three-panel comic strip in which two cavemen are sitting leaning against a rock - one says 'do you think there is also intelligent life on other planets?' and the other says '...also??'
spork wrote:
62. In a battle royale cage match between all of Ozzu's moderators, who do you thing would come out victorious?

ATNO definitely. He seems like a pussycat but he'd eat us all for breakfast :D
spork wrote:
63. Do you prefer pens or pencils? Crayons?

hmm depends on the purpose... pens stab deeper but pencils break off in the wound :D no seriously, 0.5 gel pens for writing and pencils for drawing/ sketching. I can't write with a pencil, makes me feel like I'm 3 years old...
spork wrote:
64. This question is a perfect square. Mathematics: detest or embrace?

adore and admire, but sadly have no mental capacity for. I have a book called 'infinity', on the philosophical questions of high mathematics - irrational numbers, the concept of infinity, how mathematical rules start to bend when you get to really really really big numbers... I would love to be better able to understand mathematics and physics, because they define the essence of the world. But sadly I am just not equipped. anyhow you've probably all seen it but this really said it best.... :D I completely agree with the analysis. (sociology is a made-up science as far as I'm concerned... right up there with other made up fields like 'HR' and 'business consulting'....)

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
anything with twisted murders and forensic sciences... Homicide - Life on the Street. South Park. Simpsons. House MD. x files while they were good... Dr. Katz. Robot Chicken. Regenesis.....

You'd probably like NCIS if you've never seen it yet.

celandine wrote:
your place :D NYC is first on my wish list at the moment, it's the only part of the US that really excites me as an idea. Closer to home - Barcelona, and I'm hoping I'll achieve that this year... I'd also love to go back to Tokyo, but god that's so expensive...

Unfortunately I've never been to NYC... not once, lol. It's about a 5 hour drive from here.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You'd probably like NCIS if you've never seen it yet

probably would :D anything that's got either really sick twisted murders and insanely complex clues, or legal complications and intricacies... NCIS has got something to do with JAG, right? I've watched that....
Quote:
Unfortunately I've never been to NYC... not once, lol. It's about a 5 hour drive from here

god you're kidding.... ha ha I forgot it was a state as well as a city :D still you're a heck of a lot closer than I am. go see it just once, for me!!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

75. Where were you when I was 20 *sighs?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

that depends on when you were twenty :D (quick profile check) I was in a belgrade suburb called cerak, where my parents were renting a cheap little room with a leaky ceiling. I don't exactly remember the place, but that's how it was described to me.....
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote]76. How would "Lidija" be pronounced by someone who speaks sloppy American-style Enlgish? :)[/quote]
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote]77. Would "Lidija" be pronounced like it is in Beetlejuice ?[/quote]
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
Quote:

that depends on when you were twenty :D (quick profile check) I was in a belgrade suburb called cerak, where my parents were renting a cheap little room with a leaky ceiling. I don't exactly remember the place, but that's how it was described to me.....

I so envy your husband *smiles.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, interesting posts so far by all!

Haven't read all, just glanced over it sounds really interesting, indeed.

:)

Well reply, Lidzjia
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
76. How would "Lidija" be pronounced by someone who speaks sloppy American-style Enlgish? :)

Quote:
77. Would "Lidija" be pronounced like it is in Beetlejuice?

EXACTLY :D (I've put these two together because 77 answers 76...) there have been some interesting attempts though, (most by sloppy American-style English speakers, I have to say) - like Lididzya, Lidziya, etc... in fact it's simply the Serbian spelling of Lidia/ Lydia. In Serbian 'j' is pronounced as 'y', always.
Quote:
I so envy your husband *smiles.

that is a very sweet sentiment.... I actually feel really flattered.

And George - I'm glad you're enjoying my GTKY! I'm enjoying it too... it's quite an experience somehow.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

78. How old are you :?:

79. What other language do you wish you could speak :?:

80. You hate where u live. Where would you like to move to :?:

81. Is quantum physics b*ll*x :?:

82. First kiss/boyfriend :?:

83. Biggest regret :?:

84. Who came up with the theory of relativity :?:

85. Last book you read :?:

86. Do you believe in bigfoot/yeti/abominable snowman :?:

87. Translate your answer to question 39. (else PM it to me...)

88. Do you own a games machine :?:

89. of all your husband's friends, which one p*sses you off the most :?:

90. How tall are you :?:
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

//It's my turn today ... WooT!
//we'll start out simple
91. What time is it now?
92. What did you do this weekend?
93. You're going to a dress up party and the dress code is, "anything starting with the letter P", what do you go as?
94. If someone decided to make a movie about your life, who would be the main actor/actress ... ? (not you)
95. can you dance?
96. Can you do any tricks on a trampoline (backflips, front-flips etc)?
97. If you woke up one day and found out that you and your husband had switched bodies (or minds), whichever, what is the first thing you'd do?
98. Favorite birthday you ever had?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
78. How old are you

29, but who's counting...
Quote:
79. What other language do you wish you could speak
Arabic, Chinese, Hungarian, Greek.
Quote:
80. You hate where u live. Where would you like to move to
Spain or Portugal - somewhere with a beautiful warm climate and a relaxed lifestyle. Some parts of Asia would do nicely too - maybe Hong Kong or Taiwan. I'd also love to go back to Tokyo, for good if possible....... all of these have practical issues attached to them, though, so for now remain in the realm of fantasy...
Quote:
81. Is quantum physics b*ll*x

nope, it's the real deal. they just haven't cracked the Grand Unified Theory yet, so it doesn't seem to entirely make sense. and when they do, it'll be so simple and perfectly logical we'll all slap our foreheads and say 'god, of course...'
Quote:
82. First kiss/boyfriend

2nd grade elementary school, the tallest guy in the class had a crush on me (I never could hang out with girls, they were so bloody boring... so I hung out with a bunch of boys, they were always doing fun things like climbing trees and stealing cherries and jumping from garage rooftops and setting things on fire..)
so he decided he fancied me (I didn't much have an opinion about it, one way or another :D) and one round of 'spin the bottle' at his birthday party was rigged so he got to kiss me. cute.

real first kiss was in first year of high school - we'd gone on this school trip and I'd brought my best friend along (though she wasn't from my school), and she saw this boy on the bus whom she liked so we sort of stuck close to his group and eventually started a conversation... anyhow long story short he asked me out. felt a bit lousy since she was the one interested but he was cute and it was the first time anyone had ever asked me out so it seemed a shame to miss it... :D we dated for about a week, then I decided he was boring. first kiss in the back row of the movie theatre, watching something from 'dawn of the dead' series. the thing where the guy with a chainsaw for an arm travels back in time through a well.... (???)
Quote:
83. Biggest regret

In my early days of dating I was very immature in breaking up with people, and have probably acted like quite a bitch with a few blokes. I shouldn't have done.
Quote:
84. Who came up with the theory of relativity

are we doubting the 'Einstein did it' concept? I know that Max Planck talked about the concept around the same time as Einstein, but the theory as we know it today is Einstein's, to the best of my knowledge........ ? there were some rumors that his wife, Mileva Maric (Serbian by origin, funnily enough :D) influenced his work, but nothing proven I think.....
Quote:
85. Last book you read

a book of short stories by Mikhail Bulgakov, writer of The Master and Margarita - best book ever written anywhere ever and my most frequently re-read book... the stories are not as strong but very russian and very interesting. next I plan to buy myself a copy of The Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafon). I don't normally risk newly published literature (most of it turns out rubbish) but this one has been recommended by a trusted source.
Quote:
86. Do you believe in bigfoot/yeti/abominable snowman

No. Nor Nessie, or the Chupacabras. I'm not sure about Area 51, and I'd love to believe in Atlantis, and the idea that the ancient South American cultures were visited by aliens - but the cynic in me says our world is as boring as we think it is.
Quote:
87. Translate your answer to question 39. (else PM it to me...)

A translation in the spirit of the language would be 'don't f**k with me', though it doesn't use any dirty words per se. The literary translation is 'don't mess with me', I guess, but it is used in 'dirty' conversations and no decent Japanese person would dream pronounce it. Japanese is very poor in colorful swear words actually - nothing like Serbian... (I think our swearing culture is one of the richest :D)
Quote:
88. Do you own a games machine

Husband owns an X-Box 360. We bought the frikkin AC to protect the frikkin X-Box 360. I'm freezing in the middle of the summer and wearing socks at 30+ temperatures outside because we're protecting the X-Box 360..... I'd love to have a PSP, pink of course. And play 'Loco Roco' all day long... Or the DS to play Vario!!! so addictive...
Quote:
89. of all your husband's friends, which one p*sses you off the most

Curiously, I like all of his friends (that would be all three). I like them more than he does. I always have to prod him to call them or do something with them.... he's quite a loner, in many ways. Always remember a time I went off to the UK for 3 weeks, came back, asked him 'how was it back here?' and him saying in an enthralled voice - 'It was great! I didn't speak to anybody for 3 weeks!!!' (??)
Quote:
90. How tall are you

178cm. I guess that's like 5ft 10"?
Quote:
91. What time is it now?

now when you're asking or now when I'm answering? now in my time is 2:22. God this day is dragging....
Quote:
92. What did you do this weekend?

Played tennis, lounged around in the sun at the tennis club, went to the movies twice (well once to see two films two hours apart - kung fu panda (which seriously kicks hiney, both husband and I loved it) and Wanted, which is fair rubbish as far as I'm concerned (though some of the action is quite cool), and spent both weekend nights waging war with the cats (we want to sleep and they want to be bouncing up and down on our heads...)
Quote:
93. You're going to a dress up party and the dress code is, "anything starting with the letter P", what do you go as?

Pythagorean theorem? :D Phosphorus? Probably phosphorus... make myself glow in the dark somehow.....
Quote:
94. If someone decided to make a movie about your life, who would be the main actor/actress ... ? (not you)

cate blanchett. she's got that cold smooth demeanour. :D
Quote:
95. can you dance?

not in a terribly structured manner :D I don't know any proper dances except salsa (I took classes for a while. god that was fun!!!) but I've got a fairly good sense of rhythm and I love moving to music... used to do quite a lot of fairly wild dancing around the belgrade clubs when I was younger - now mostly confined to the privacy of my apartment....
Quote:
96. Can you do any tricks on a trampoline (backflips, front-flips etc)?

never been on a trampoline. would love to try though. can do both a front flip and a back flip into a swimming pool though.
Quote:
97. If you woke up one day and found out that you and your husband had switched bodies (or minds), whichever, what is the first thing you'd do?

run :D take advantage of a stronger, more muscular body... test out functions of new body parts... hit on girls :D Husband is pretty handsome but very shy and disinterested in humankind, so he never invested himself properly into chasing girls. But with my mind and his body.... :D (all of the above in the spirit of scientific discovery, naturally...lol)
Quote:
98. Favorite birthday you ever had?

The one on which I got to go to Tokyo for my year of studies abroad. Least favourite - the one on which I got to come back from Tokyo, only to discover my grandfather had died the previous day and I got to go straight from the airport to the funeral practically.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 52 posts