GTKY -- grinch2171

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't think I forgot you!

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.

2. So you currently reside in Edgewood, MD. What's that like?

3. What's http://www.grinchynet.net all about?

4. I see you're a network engineer. I don't know anyone who does that for a living. What exactly does a network engineer do?

5. How many hours a day do you spend on OZZU?

7. Do you have any pets?

9. Who is your hero?

10. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

11. When did you get into computers?

12. What are some of your favorite movies/books?

13. Do you drive? if yes, what do you drive?

14. What's in the trunk of your car?

15. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?

16. What did you do yesterday from the time you woke up till the time you went to bed?

17. Do you have a significant other? If yes, tell us about her/him.

18. What are you up to this weekend?

19. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

20. What makes you really angry?

21. Are you a morning person or night owl?

22. Tell us about your very first part time job.

23. Is there someone from your past you wish you could go back and talk to?

24. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?

25. What 2 things could you not do as a child but can do now as an adult?

26. Do you have any obsessions?

27. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim?

28. What are you reading right now?

29. What operating system are you currently running?

30. Would you rather have needles for leg hair or have flares shoot out of your nose every time you say the word "the"? (ouch!)

31. Name your top 5 pet peeves

Post more questions everyone.
  • rickatnight11
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Richmond, VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch is Chuck Norris.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

32. Are you really green like the grinch?

33. If so, how can i change color?

34. how did you come up with your screen name?
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gotta be flares shooting outta the nose.. The party trick of the century!
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here you go.

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.
Like most people, Google led me here. For some reason I liked it and decided to stay and now I am a Moderator. Funny how things work.

2. So you currently reside in Edgewood, MD. What's that like?
I just moved to Edgewood. It is down the street from Aberdeen Proving Grounds, where I was last stationed. The town itself is kind of ghetto and poor. I don't plan on living here forever, just a stepping stone at this point.

3. What's http://www.grinchynet.net all about?
GrinchyNet has taken many forms over the years. If you do a google search for GrinchyNet you will see what kind of things I was up to. Now GrinchyNet is my personal site. It has a blog that I don't have much time for lately. It has information about me and my family, although not up to date. I am adding a tutorial section. It is also a place where I can practice my web skills.

4. I see you're a network engineer. I don't know anyone who does that for a living. What exactly does a network engineer do?
The Network Engineer thing, isn't really correct, it is hard to pinpoint an exact title. I set up networks for transportation authorities to track and monitor their bus systems. It involves a lot of hardware, wireless, and gps technologies. Their is a lot of design and engineering aspects to it. Maybe a System Integrator would be a better title.

5. How many hours a day do you spend on OZZU?
Not as much lately. My current job keeps me busy and my family life as well. Maybe in total, 4 hours a day. Used to be double that.

7. Do you have any pets?
I have two cats. Sherbert who is an orange tabby and Callie who is an odd colored Calico.

9. Who is your hero?
This is a tough one. I would have to say anyone who serves in the military, police or firefighter. What those people go through on a daily basis earns my respect as a hero. Of course, me being former military helps in recognizing the dangers they go through.

10. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."
...to live life to the fullest and to never let anyone bring you down. Life is too short.

11. When did you get into computers?
In grade school I was introduced to the Apple IIe and I was the best in my class at using it. Fast forward to my Senior year in High School and I bought my first PC. A 486 with a turbo button on it. I don't remember the exact specs but it was top of the line at the time. Then in 1999 I bought a Gateway and formatted it at least a hundred times as I messed with it just trying to learn. Now I am an MCSE and I have a custom built machine (needs updating though). Its one of those things I am naturally good at.

12. What are some of your favorite movies/books?
Books - anything by Stephen King
Movies - Scarface, Neverending Story, Hellraiser, Full Metal Jacket, and many more.

13. Do you drive? if yes, what do you drive?
I do indeed drive. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger that I have driven into the dirt. I need a new vehicle. I also have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer but my wife drives that one.

14. What's in the trunk of your car?
At the moment nothing but last week there was an old mattress in it.

15. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?
Graduating Marine Corps boot camp and serving 9 honorable and faithful years as a United States Marine.

16. What did you do yesterday from the time you woke up till the time you went to bed?
I woke up at 5am, made coffee, took a shower, surfed the net, checked my e-mail, fed and changed the baby, woke my wife up, made her some hot tea, went to work, configured SNMP monitoring for the system I am working on, ate lunch, installed 2003 Server and SQL 2000 on a PC, changed out a hard drive, went home, ate dinner, fed the baby, changed him a few times, talked with the wife and went to bed. During this time, smoked about a pack of cigs and drank a lot of coffee.

17. Do you have a significant other? If yes, tell us about her/him.
I do have a wife. Been married 9 years. She is an awesome woman and I am lucky to have found her. She is the perfect compliment to me. Couldn't be happier.

18. What are you up to this weekend?
I need to get a new computer desk. Other than that, just hanging with the family

19. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)
None that I can think of.

20. What makes you really angry?
Stupid people and ignorance. My stepsons grandmother and biological father.

21. Are you a morning person or night owl?
I am more of a night person.

22. Tell us about your very first part time job.
Dominos Pizza. I worked the counter answering phones and making pizzas. I worked with some great people. It was a good job for being a High School student.

23. Is there someone from your past you wish you could go back and talk to?
The girl I took to Prom. I just want to know how her life turned out.

24. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
Right.

25. What 2 things could you not do as a child but can do now as an adult?
What an odd question. Have sex and drive.

26. Do you have any obsessions?
Space. I am fascinated with space. I would love to work for NASA. However, I don't think any of the shuttle run on Windows. I think the last one that did was the Columbia. That was a tasteless joke.

27. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim?
Not sure yet.

28. What are you reading right now?
Cell by Stephen King

29. What operating system are you currently running?
Windows 2003 Enterprise Server SP1

30. Would you rather have needles for leg hair or have flares shoot out of your nose every time you say the word "the"? (ouch!)
:D I guess needles for leg hair.

31. Name your top 5 pet peeves.
Chewing so I can see your food.
Stupid people
Ignorant people
Careless drivers
Guys who wear pink

32. Are you really green like the grinch?
I'm afraid not

33. If so, how can i change color?
I would have to say you would need to either paint yourself or be mutated into a Chameleon.

34. how did you come up with your screen name?
Some say that I smile like the grinch, my heart is 3 sizes too small, and I am just plain mean looking. So the nickname has stuck for about 10 years. The 2171 was my Military Occupational Specialty number while I was in the Marines. 2171 = Electro-Optical Ordnance Technician.
  • rickatnight11
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Richmond, VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

35. Are you Chuck Norris?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

35. Are you Chuck Norris?
No, but if I were you would have received a roundhouse kick to the face for asking that question
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha nice one! Very interesting answers. I had fun learning about you grinchy. I didn't even know you had a baby! How old? :)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL wow.. I have a great memory.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this all the questions I get? Am I lucky or no one is that interested in me :cry:
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm gonna keep posting to keep this topic active!

keep the questions coming guys!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its safe to say that flavahs "How old?" counts as a question :)

37. What interested you in the US. Marines?

38. If you were a soldier in the US Army and was required to head out to Iraq for a 6 month stint, what would your thoughts be?

39. What made you retire from the Marine Corps?

40. Where will be your next holiday destination?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

37. What interested you in the US. Marines?
I needed direction in my life. I was going no where. I had a horrible job and living with my aunt and uncle. Plus I wanted to provide my wife and stepson with a better life once we were married. The Marine recruiter was the first to grab me when I walked into the recruiting station. The rest is history

38. If you were a soldier in the US Army and was required to head out to Iraq for a 6 month stint, what would your thoughts be?
I would never be a soldier in the Army. They are nasty creatures. I served during Operation Enduring Freedom. My unit was the first into Afghanistan after 9/11 and we were very close to be called up to help dig bodies up out of the rubble. But if I were called back to duty to go to Iraq I would do so without hesitation but only as a Marine, not a soldier.

39. What made you retire from the Marine Corps?
I didn't retire. You can only retire after 20 years. I only did 9. It was time for me to move on and do something better. Plus the new young men and women joining the Marines did not impress me and I feel that the state of our military is going down the tubes personnell wise. Overall, it was a hard decision to make but well worth it.

40. Where will be your next holiday destination?
I've always wanted to head to the Carribean. Nice and warm and I like being on the beach. Plenty of eye candy.

Okay for those not in the United States. The US Marines and the US Army are two different entities in the US Military. The Army is a rather large blundering force of several hundred thousand. The Marines is a much smaller force of 175,000 that is more specialized in fighting wars. Marines are trained to do more with less and are considered the elite of the US Military.

There is a love hate relationship between the Army and the Marines. They want to be more like us and we think they should just go away and let us handle everything.

Ain't
Ready to be a
Marine
Yet
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

41. Could people that constantly offer "their two cents" be making a handsome profit by giving a "penny for your thoughts" ?

42. Could the reason that every person I've met that's in some branch of service has been pretty much the same be that thoose guys are basicly trained to be that way ?

43. Why are guys that wear pink a peeve of yours ?

44. Have a favorite board game ?

45. If you could get 1 cent for every time you did some tiny everyday action for the rest of your life, but you would loose 2 cents every time you seen/heard or otherwise knew about someone else doing it, what would it be ?
  • S1L3NCER
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wear pink with my collar pop, And I am mexican does that make me one of your peeve?

btw I am the same way like youI am lookin for a way to direct my life. Thinkin of joing the marines too.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

41. Could people that constantly offer "their two cents" be making a handsome profit by giving a "penny for your thoughts" ?
Now that is an odd one. If they are giving away two cents and only receiving one cent for someone's thoughts then possibly they are losing money but it depends on the ratio of giving and taking.

42. Could the reason that every person I've met that's in some branch of service has been pretty much the same be that thoose guys are basicly trained to be that way ?
I can only speak on Marines' behalf. We are all trained the exact same way. When we first show up to boot camp, we are a group of individuals. At the end of the gruelling 13 weeks we are as one. We speak and act the same. Not brainwashed mind you but from living in such close quarters it is hard not all to be the same and have the same attitude.

43. Why are guys that wear pink a peeve of yours ?
I associate pink with femininity. Males are supposed to be masculine, so wearing pink is a contradiction and it makes me ill.

44. Have a favorite board game ?
I haven't played a board game since I was a young lad and I always enjoyed Monolpoly.

45. If you could get 1 cent for every time you did some tiny everyday action for the rest of your life, but you would lose 2 cents every time you seen/heard or otherwise knew about someone else doing it, what would it be ?
I do nothing that is unique. So I would lose money hand over fist. I haven't the foggiest idea for this question.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

S1L3NCER wrote:
I wear pink with my collar pop, And I am mexican does that make me one of your peeve?

btw I am the same way like youI am lookin for a way to direct my life. Thinkin of joing the marines too.

You wearing pink with a pop collar would make you a peeve of mine, being mexican has nothing to do with it.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

46. I heard that classified documents become unclassified after 25 years. Do you know if that's true, & if it is, what difference would that 25 years make ?

47. What's the most original name you've ever heard ?

48. What's the most common name of all the people you know ?

49. How's mini-grinch doing ?

50. Would you like to join me in a protest against meman becomming a drug tester ? :D

51. Do you always wear your seatbelt ?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +seat+belt

52. If not, will you after watching that video ?

53. Any idea what your first word was ?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

54. How did you come up with the name Nathaniel? did you want Nathan and your wife want Daniel? (or vice versa)

55. When you left the Marines, why did you decide to stay/move to Edgewood when you say its "ghetto and poor"?, you obviously dont rate the place that much.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

46. I heard that classified documents become unclassified after 25 years. Do you know if that's true, & if it is, what difference would that 25 years make ?
I think that is correct but I am unsure. I guess after 25 years they figure no one will really care or no one will remember.

47. What's the most original name you've ever heard ?
I would have to say a lot of the names African Americans give to their children. Moon Unit Zappa is also high on the list.

48. What's the most common name of all the people you know ?
My first name, Jason

49. How's mini-grinch doing ?
Mini-Grinch is doing quite well.

50. Would you like to join me in a protest against meman becomming a drug tester ?
If meman wants to be a drug tester then so be it. Maybe the drug testing will make him less combative in religious/political topics.

51. Do you always wear your seatbelt ?
No

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... +seat+belt

52. If not, will you after watching that video ?
I have seen that one already and it didn't change my mind.

53. Any idea what your first word was ?
Probably momma.

54. How did you come up with the name Nathaniel? did you want Nathan and your wife want Daniel? (or vice versa)
I actually wanted to name him Malachai after the bad kid in Children of the Corn but the wife wasn't going to allow that. So looking through a baby name site I stumbled across Nathaniel which means a gift from god. My wife wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant so it seemed appropriate.

55. When you left the Marines, why did you decide to stay/move to Edgewood when you say its "ghetto and poor"?, you obviously dont rate the place that much.
Me and the wife like the Maryland area and since she was pregnant at the time, I didn't want to move her away from her doctors. We were in a rush to find a place and this one was big enough for my family and still affordable. The neigborhood I live in isn't that ghetto but the town sure is. I plan on buying a house somewhere else next year.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

56. Do you ride the rides at amusement parks wishing you could do so without the safety harneses ?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

56. Do you ride the rides at amusement parks wishing you could do so without the safety harneses ?
Never thought pf doing that. It never crossed my mind. I would have to say that some I would while others I wouldn't
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

So did you decide who is the next victim?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not yet, I need to know who has been done and if there are any volunteers.

So I guess that means I am done.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of the mods have been done if I'm not mistaken?

SB, smokenjoe have also been done.
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

How 'bout Mr Sam Hughes?
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:

Really? Hmm, I seem to recall a couple that still have not been through the wringer. :)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:
613flavah wrote:

Really? Hmm, I seem to recall a couple that still have not been through the wringer. :)

Yeah, Cartika Hosting has yet to be done I think. :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

how about lionking? :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 36 posts