GTKY: b_heyer

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I decided to make it two victims per week. What can I say? Too little time. Too many people. You do the math.

Feel free to add your questions for the victim. Mine are standardized. Your's can be personalized.

Next to his avatar you'll sometimes see, "Have you read the rules? Apparently not, you broke the first one...". Nice!:) He's also the proud parent of a great big rubber band ball.

<pause for effect />

Let's get to know b_heyer!!!

1. Tell us about your employment situation or area of study in school.

2. Tell us about your education (formal or otherwise).

3. What's your favorite meal or restaurant?

4. Age (if you dare or care to answer)?

5. What, if any, are your plans for your future?

6. Tell us about where you live.

7. What/When/How/Why did you become a webmaster, or why do you want to become a webmaster?

8. Tell us about your first kiss.

9. Tell us about your best quality (real or imagined).

10. Who is your hero?

Please take your time, you've got a whole week to answer.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

*twiddles thumbs* I am off to school, but I'll answer them when I get back! :-D
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi my name is Brandon Heyer, I like long walks on the beech, bubble baths, and getting lost in the rain. If you wanted to know about me, I am sure someone has files on me somewhere, but since you asked I'll proceed. We'll get the boring stuff out of the way first; I am a seventeen years old, and live in Central New York. It's a great area really, you get to see cows, farmers, tractors on the roads slowing down traffic, snow, more snow, sub zero weather, and more cows, occasionally the few rebels without a cause having engaging in natures propagation on the side of the road (cows that is, and my friend almost drove off the road after seeing that). There isn't much to do here, so I chill and do stuff on the computer or xbox or hang out with a few friends, etc etc.

I am a student by trade, webmaster at heart. I am a Junior in highschool, and toughing it out through a pretty strenuous schedule. Like any teen, I pretty much am fed up with school and the people in it and the people involved with it. I like math and physics, they kind of go hand in hand and make sense to me because I don't need to memorize the name of the person who came up with the Pythagorean theorem or Hooke's law, but just how they work and what I apply them to. It's also nice to be able to see it on paper, step by step, and not just have to believe in it. I'll touch on the webmasterism topic later on.

As for food, I like spicy stuff, I've gotten over the thrill of it and just love the feeling that my stomach is in torture and my nose is a broken dam. Well not really, but spicy food is some of the greatest stuff around. I do however hate the indigestion you can get from eating some of the stuff, but hey I'm young and invincible *knowledgable wink* and I'll be fine in a few hours.

The local shaman told me I had no future or maybe it was something about my shoe color that clashed with my hair? I really don't know. I'm the last minute guy, I'll figure out my future when I get there. It'll probably be a safe future, with a wife and kids and a steady job with good pay. A dog in the yard and.....*drifts off*

I became a webmaster back in fifth grade, middle or so, I think it was after winter. A guy I knew was into it, so I picked up the basic tags and started tearing out high contrast schemed, gif filled pages of nonsense. It was fun and now that I am worried about compatibilities and such it has become much more serious, but I still love that rush of writing a good script that just wont work and having to debug it. It's fun and I'm happy doing it.

My first kiss was back in the summer before ninth grade. She's short with brown hair, and it was just one of those immature romance things. Thats about it. *touchy subject ;)* She's a doll, she still is and probably will be for a while but I've decided that highschool relationships are waste of time, and no matter how much I complain to someone about it and how I need that physical attachment and emotion, it really is just a waste of time.

My best quality would be my humor I guess. I really just like to brighten peoples day, even when I am as down as they are, to make someone else smile is a good enough feeling.

My hero oh hero, who would my hero be. I have no hero. I have decided that heroism is a thing of the past. I am going to strive to be the best I can be and not idolize someone else. (is that insensitive and cruel?) I guess my hero are all those who make something or do something, and I look at it and say "wow that's cool, I'd love to be able to do something like that". My hero is also the spellchecker here because he is so helpful in finding my errors.

Thanks and I'll be here all week. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I am pretty open about stuff so just shoot away.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a little confused on the whole dating thing. Waste of time? No way.

You've only just begun to realize how little you'll ever really know about women. heh.

btw: I liked the essay style response. you're a man beyond your years.

:)

What are you going to study in college? What kind of career do you want? You said you're a last minute guy and all, but...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:
My first kiss was back in the summer before ninth grade. She's short with brown hair, and it was just one of those immature romance things. Thats about it. *touchy subject ;)* She's a doll, she still is and probably will be for a while but I've decided that highschool relationships are waste of time, and no matter how much I complain to someone about it and how I need that physical attachment and emotion, it really is just a waste of time.

I have had it recommended to me (by my current girlfriend) to not even think about it until you're at least over 30. I have to agree. After that...you're on your own...
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely FABULOUS! I really enjoy reading this Brandon! :D
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I'm a little confused on the whole dating thing. Waste of time? No way.

What are you going to study in college? What kind of career do you want? You said you're a last minute guy and all, but...

It's a waste of time but worth it if it happens, kind of those I don't have it so I hate it schemes. I probably will never see 99% of the people from my highschool again after I graduate and go to college. I have a year and a half left in this place and, sure a girlfriend would be great, but I am not pushing for one any more, if something...for lack of better words...falls into my lap, I'll take the chance.

As for career plans, I'd hope to persue graphic design, advertisement, or some IT field. While I don't think I'd hate to be behind a desk programming all day, I would prefer to get a job where I can go work outside of the office, to take pictures, etc. I don't think any customer support job would be good for me, because people really do annoy me, and I'd most likely just hang up on them.

Thanks for the compliments anyone. Any more questions?
  • xxviii
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • xxviii
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where in NY do you live b? I'm a 17 year old junior in a crappy town in new york too, so it's entirely possible that you're my long lost twin or possibly even someone I have driven past once.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I live not to far from Syracuse.
  • xxviii
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • xxviii

Post 3+ Months Ago

Darn, you're not my long lost twin :(
I live not far from Rochester, so I'm not really central like you, but Syracuse is only like an hour away from here.
Did you guys get a snow day today or anything because its like -1000 degrees in NY?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep it was pretty much a given because everything was canceled after school yesterday. Didn't do too much today though, ah well.
  • xxviii
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • xxviii

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's awesome :)
Alright, I'm done bothering you. Sorry for the annoying questions.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

just sitting around counting the cows aye?

lol
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hahaha! Oh man, the funny thing is, I was talking to Brandon so this is like a repeat. Tehehehe!
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hahah yes yes. I actually am still trying to recompile the 2.6 kernel so I can get my mouse and sound card to work. I am making progress, got my internet up!
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMHO: Don't dismiss the dating. It serves as good relationship practice and helps you discover what qualities in yourself and a significant other are important. Trust me... I'm 30 and juuuust figuring that out now.

Ummm... and there are a few other bonuses, but I'm keeping this strictly Dr. Phil. ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

dating is lame! men are lame! bah.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also find dating in high school to be completely pointless. It makes me especially sick when my 15-year-old friends say stupid things like "I think I'm in love with Bob!" My usual response to that is, "Uh, weren't you just in love with Bill last month?" Haha, as the father in 10 Things I Hate About You says,
"You don't know what you want. And you won't know what you want until you're 45, and even if you get it, you'll be too old to use it."
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: oh that saying kicks ass!
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rah! Yes, that saying rocks. And so does that movie. But it may just be my partiality to Heath Ledger ;)
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette, you're totally right. It is pretty lame. But, it does lead to better things. :)
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahah its one of those dilema things :-P
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

dammed if you do... dammd if you don't. yeah, that sounds about right.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

exactly. well said!
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mmhmm, I guess it all comes down to whether you'd rather be damned now or later. Later sounds better to me. :-)
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, maybe it can't hurt to spare yourself the troubles of dating for now. especially in consideration of your maturity and nature which is likely in stark contrast with high school guys.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh trust me, you damned even if you wait! :lol:
  • rjmthezonenet
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

nah, i've got a lot to be thankful about when looking back. and, i bet, so do you. :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

absolutely nothing! im bitter and twisted today so basically the whole world sucks! :lol:

Sorry to hijack ur thread b_heyer! ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 29 posts