GTKY -- IceCold

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.

2. Location: Ro. What does that mean? I'm going to assume that it stands for Romania?

3. Tell us about http://www.icecold.as.ro

4. You're obviously into programming. Who or what got you started?

5. Would you rather be debt free or eleven yrs ahead of schedule?

6. What is one thing you *cannot* live without?

7. Have you ever lived in a different country?

8. Who is your hero?

9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

10. Do you work fulltime or go to school?

11. What's your favorite mode of transportation?

12. Dead or alive, who is one person you would like to meet? They can be famous, infamous or just some nobody.

13. Do you volunteer for your community?

14. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?

15. What's the meaning behind your nickname?

16. What are you listening to right now?

17. Name one thing you love about the area you live in

18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

19. They say that everyone will eventually get their 15 minutes of fame. Have you had yours?

20. What are you most afraid of?

21. If you were a CRAYOLA crayon, which colour would you be and why?

22. What is the answer to life, the universe and everything else?

23. How tall are you?

24. Are you a single finger typer or do you use all the right fingers on the right keys?

25. What is your party-style? Dance clubs, sports bars, raves, chess clubs? How do you cut loose?

26. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim? (please make sure to pick someone who frequents the site often)

27. What's on your keychain?

28. How many times a week do you eat chocolate?

29. Tell us one thing about yourself that would surprise us.

31. What was the most exciting thing that has happened to you?

Post more questions everyone.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooohh, and i was trying to keep a low profile.
Do i really have to answer to all these questions?

ok, ok, lets see

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.
I came across OZZU when i started to use flash and like any other beginner i had questions to asks and i didn't want to let them unanswered. And bviously, google search brought me to OZZU forum in the first place.

2. Location: Ro. What does that mean? I'm going to assume that it stands for Romania?
RO stands for Read Only.
my location is Romania though, but that's just a coincidence.

3. Tell us about http://www.icecold.as.ro
my old and always unde construction site. I'll rebuild it and place it on another server cos as.ro is full of annoying popups. It will take some time but hey, i'll take my time.

4. You're obviously into programming. Who or what got you started?
since i was in 6th grade i developed a passion for computer games, starting with old Commodore. But some of the games were very hard to play without a little bit of help, the magic addresses which stored the number of lifes, energy, weapons etc. So i started to learn from my older brother how to discover those addressed. This way i first learned Z80 assembler. Then in highschool and college went all along through pascal, c++, fox, delphi, c#, php, asp.net, actionscript.

5. Would you rather be debt free or eleven yrs ahead of schedule?
Rather be always ahead of the schedule, but that's gonna happen only when i fix my own schedule.

6. What is one thing you *cannot* live without?
The one thing, hmmm, that's kind of hard, but that only thing would be hope. (in a matter of living in the material body, that would be a lie of course, but AIR wouldnt be the only thing that i cant live without)

7. Have you ever lived in a different country?
Maybe in past lives. I've been to Germany 3 times, but can't say i actually lived there.

8. Who is your hero?
when i was a kid, i've always been attracted to martial arts, so there was one name there: bruce lee.
Right now, i have no heroes, only models.

9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."
He who gains victory over other men is strong; but he who gains victory over himself is all powerful. (Lao-Tzu)

10. Do you work fulltime or go to school?
work fulltime, as a stripper (stripping code lines of course)

11. What's your favorite mode of transportation?
for long distances -> plane; for medium distances -> car; for short distances -> bike or walk;

12. Dead or alive, who is one person you would like to meet? They can be famous, infamous or just some nobody.
i think that the most important person in the world of human history remains Jesus, so that will be the one person i'd like to meet.

13. Do you volunteer for your community?
what community? is there such thing in romania?

14. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?
being myself

15. What's the meaning behind your nickname?
it's a pleonasm, since the Ice is always Cold. The actual meaning would be my tendency to develop a calm mind, just like the surface of a frozen lake, undisturbed by the surroundings.

16. What are you listening to right now?
Feng Shui - The Flying Dream (instrumental, relaxing music)

17. Name one thing you love about the area you live in
love ? is too much to say. I can say i like that i live in a town not too crowded and somewhat clean. Also i like the swimming pool and the forest near it.

18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)
i can swim by flapping my ears
ahhhahahaa, j/k, i'm not an elephant ... but probably i'm a rabbit or a jackass :P

19. They say that everyone will eventually get their 15 minutes of fame. Have you had yours?
i'm not 40 yet

20. What are you most afraid of?
i'm most afraid of the unkown; but all the fears can be mastered one way or another. I'd say fear is our worst enemy; it is like the blue screen of death from Windows O.S. ... the system freezes and needs a reboot :p

21. If you were a CRAYOLA crayon, which colour would you be and why?
sky blue color because it's peaceful. I met people who like to live a life with problems, and when they dont have any, they create the problems. But that's just not me.

22. What is the answer to life, the universe and everything else?
they say it's 42.
i'll tell you when i'll find out

23. How tall are you?
1.76 cm ( u do the maths for inches )

24. Are you a single finger typer or do you use all the right fingers on the right keys?
i use both hands when typing and i rarely look over the keyboard. I only look on the keyboard when i'm placing my fingers over it, then it all becomes automatic.

25. What is your party-style? Dance clubs, sports bars, raves, chess clubs? How do you cut loose?
Used to go to dance clubs, but lately only bars. To cut loose, i prefer the mountain trips.

26. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim? (please make sure to pick someone who frequents the site often)
i seen that most of the people who stand as experts are allready in the list.
i feel lazy today so let's say: Classified. He's been pretty active lately, even if he doesnt have more than 150 posts. Or ... he's too classified for GTKY? :P

27. What's on your keychain?
a door card, 3 keys and a lighter with an eagle head. (no, i dont smoke)

28. How many times a week do you eat chocolate?
lately i didnt ate chocolate, but before, like 2 times/week. I sometimes feel like eating sweets, but that's very rare.

29. Tell us one thing about yourself that would surprise us.
hmmm, lets see. I had a dark period of my life, about 5 months with sleepless nights and lot of alcohol. In that time, i experienced all kind of strange and scarry things: paralysed body with heart pumping up so fast that i was afraid it will break, nightmares and the worst thing were the repeated dreams inside dreams. Waking inside of a dream and believing that i was actually awake and then being frightened by something that couldnt exist in reality was the most terrefying thing i experienced. By that time i became afraid to even stay in bed, because i knew that if i would fall asleep, i will have the same scarry experiences.

31. What was the most exciting thing that has happened to you?
i think this should've been 30 ... or 30 just aint your lucky number?
the most exciting thing that happend to me was meeting my ex girlfriend. It was quite fun ... she hitting on me, me playing hard to get ... then we finally got along.
Now ... she's just my ex and life goes on.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Come on guys! ask him questions!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good answers Icecold.

32. How many dog's does your neighbour have?

33. Do you have a favourite day of the year?

34. If you were walking along a road and saw a $50 note on the ground smeared with a bit of "unknown brown stuff" would you pick it up?

35. Do you like snow?

36. What would you say the hottest temperature you have ever experienced was?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

32. How many dog's does your neighbour have?
oh comeon, how on earth did you know my neighbour has 2 dogs? am i under surveillance here?

33. Do you have a favourite day of the year?
mostly i like the sunny days, but usually we are responsible for the events of a day. Yet, as a favourite day, i'll pick Christmas Eve cos i like the spirit of christmas and the christmas tree.

34. If you were walking along a road and saw a $50 note on the ground smeared with a bit of "unknown brown stuff" would you pick it up?
you know, people can do lots of things for money: lie, cheat, steal, kill. All depends on how much they need those money. So, if i would've been starving and had no money, do you think that the "unknown brown stuff" would`ve kept me away from my hot meal?
Then again, if i'd had more than enough money do you think that i would've even bother to bow and pick it up?
It's all a matter of perspective here.
And anyway, you dont know what people do with the money that goes from one hand to another. How would you know that some $ bill that you have wasn't used in ... some kinky ways by another person?
So ... if you asks yourself all these questions, would you have any reason not to pick it up?
well, honestly, right now, no, i wouldnt pick it up.

35. Do you like snow?
ooh my, i love snow. Especially when i use it to make snow balls and throw em at girls or use it to make snow ... girls (that would be a girl rolled in the snow untill she's all white ... or red from the frost of course, not from the anger :P).
Even if i injured my knee trying to ski i still want to practice winter sports. So far i'm improving @ ice skating and maybe at the end of this year i'll try to ski again.

36. What would you say the hottest temperature you have ever experienced was?
i think it was 41 celsius degrees, when i had a nasty fever.
ah, wait, you were talking about the ambiental temperature?
somewhere around 40 celsius degrees.
never been to syberia though to get a hot shower inside an ice break (probably 4 degrees in the water when there are -50 outside will be the hottest temperature you have experienced).
I tried to drink a bottle of vodka and then took a cold shower. And trust me, i felt the cold deep to the bones, even if my sight was blured.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

37. Play any sports? If so, what are they?

38. Been watching the world cup?

39. If you have been watching the world cup, who do you want to win it all?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

37. Play any sports? If so, what are they?
yea, lots of sport. Pool, chess, backgammon, checkers ... everything that yahoo has to offer.
well, in highschool i used to play football, basketball and table tennis. Also i practiced swimming.

Currently, i practice full contact (Ashihara karate) and sometimes swimming and jogging. I'd like to try some sky diving just to conquer my fear of heights, but for now i dont have neither the time nor the posibilities.

38. Been watching the world cup?
ye, i watched some games from world cup: Germany - Costa Rica, Mexico - Iran ...
Yesterday for example: Brasil - Croatia (Hrvatska), quite a good game.

39. If you have been watching the world cup, who do you want to win it all?

Since Romania lost in the quarter finals with sweeden in 1994 i barely watch football (or soccer for americans) and if i watch i dont have a favourite team, so it's the same for me if any of the teams wins. I dont like to have my emotions triggered by events that i cant control, that's why i stopped to have a favourite team.
Usually i like to win the team which plays the most spectacular ... and probably that team will be Brasil at this World Cup, but football is full of surprises.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

40. Do you have a driving licence?

41. If you drive, do you have a vehicle in your garage that you usually commute in? if so, what is the vehicle?

42. If you could ever move to any country in the world, where would this be?

43. do you have a favourite member on Ozzu? :wink:

44. ::ask yourself a question here::

45. Is there a forum on Ozzu you would like to remove or replace?

46. If you were admin for a day, what would you do?

47. Out of the following major companies, which would you like to own... Google, Microsoft, Yahoo!, AOL, Kwik'E'Mart?

48. What would you say your favourite International television program is?

49. Do you have a favourite movie?

50. Would you like me to stop asking you questions now?
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

51. Who is your favourite moderator here at ozzu?

52. Is your computer any good/new? Maybe you built it yourself?

53. What belt are you in Ashihara Karate?

54. Assuming you guys break boards, Got a coolest board break you have done in it?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

40. Do you have a driving licence?
yes, a driving licence B type (that would be for cars only).

41. If you drive, do you have a vehicle in your garage that you usually commute in? if so, what is the vehicle?
a vehicle ... no garage though, only a parking place in front of my block of flats. The vehicle is romanian made, pretty old though, called Dacia. I would've bought a new car; but i'm thinking of moving to another country so there's no reason to buy it since a new car is pretty expensive for my current budget.

42. If you could ever move to any country in the world, where would this be?
uhmmm, quite an intersting question. Since i only been in Germany so far i dont exactly know what country i'd want to move in for good. For now I want to move to Canada (probably i have to stay in romania 1 or 2 years for experience) but i'd like to travel much more and see new places and meet new faces.
As landscape, Romania is quite beautiful, too bad it is habited.

43. do you have a favourite member on Ozzu?
too bad he aint active lately. LostInBeta

44. ::ask yourself a question here::
Why dont you stick to your plans all the time and you waste time when you can use it for self improvement?
arrghhh, that's what i was afraid of. Yes, i know, i'm lazy sometimes and i dont always stick to my plans because most of the time i find something which is more pleasant to do than following the same routine every day. But that must be changed in order to acomplish my goals, or else i'll always find something easier and pleasant to do but ... that's not exactly what i want from life.

45. Is there a forum on Ozzu you would like to remove or replace?
errr ... lately i've been active only in the flash section so i dont know much about the other general topics. Mostly sure i wouldnt remove/ replace any of them and probably i would add new sections.

46. If you were admin for a day, what would you do?
ohhh my ... can i? can i? (that was the child inside me)
there isn't much to do in only one day ... but i would call up for a net conference and discuss with all the mods and some of the most active users. Something like a board discussion. Or, i would call up for a meeting and then i would take that day off :D

47. Out of the following major companies, which would you like to own... Google, Microsoft, Yahoo!, AOL, Kwik'E'Mart?
Google ... cos i use it very often. Maybe i'll even publish a book: teach yourself google in 7 days since i noticed that many people dont know actually what key words they must use in order to find their answers.

48. What would you say your favourite International television program is?
used to be Discovery Channel, but lately i didnt watch TV

49. Do you have a favourite movie?
even more favourite movies:
Matrix, Gladiator, Meet The Parents, Leon, Cube, The Recruit, Training Day,
Fallen (1998), Pulp Fiction, Phone Booth
usually i like comedies and psychological movies. I dont like horrors unless they're mostly based on suspance and not on violent, bloody and gruesome scenes.

50. Would you like me to stop asking you questions now?
actually ... i'd like you to continue with the questions ... but think of something interesting enough to knock me off my shoes :D
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

51. Who is your favourite moderator here at ozzu?
dont have any so far

52. Is your computer any good/new? Maybe you built it yourself?
nah, didnt built it, just changed components. I know how to build a computer from components, but that's merely pluging wires and boards.
I have an Athlon XP 2200+ with 512 MB RAM, 3 HDD -> 20Gb, 30Gb and 160 Gb, a DVD-RW LG and a Graphic Card GeForce 6600. But it's been like 1 year since i didnt buy anything for it, cos right now i'm pleased with it (i dont play latest game releases which might require much more).

53. What belt are you in Ashihara Karate?
well, it's been one year and a few months since i started to practice, but so far i skipped 2 exams (health problems) so instead of a blue belt .... i remained with the white one. I didnt start to practice karate for belts or competitions but mostly for keeping myself in shape and also for gaining more self discipline.

54. Assuming you guys break boards, Got a coolest board break you have done in it?
board break 1
board break 2

want me to end up like those? no thanks.
no boards break yet but i'll try someday.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha nice break, Ive done tae kwon do since I was 3 (puts me at about 13 years now) and thats why I ask those kinda questions.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

55. When/how did you learn the word "pleonasm"? (I just learned it from my friend Mike two weeks ago)

56. Does it make you uncomfortable that you said "unknown brown stuff" and "hot meal" in the same sentence?

57. Hope came out of Pandora's box. What do you think about that? Is she really in bed with Despair? If so, is she still really all that good, or just playing "good cop"?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

55. When/how did you learn the word "pleonasm"? (I just learned it from my friend Mike two weeks ago)
i learned that in school, 5th or 6th grade, cant remember exactly, but by that time. A pleonasm is created when there are used more words than necessary (sometimes used as a figure of speech to emphasise a characteristic) i.e.: frozen ice.
And now, the oposite of the pleonasm is an oxymoron, which is a combination of contradictory terms. i.e. : a living dead

56. Does it make you uncomfortable that you said "unknown brown stuff" and "hot meal" in the same sentence?
Usually not, because i stop my imagination from creating a repulsive scene.

57. Hope came out of Pandora's box. What do you think about that? Is she really in bed with Despair? If so, is she still really all that good, or just playing "good cop"?
oh yea, Pandora's box, read about it in the greek mythology. she received the box as a gift from the gods .... a very nice gift for the mortals ... only hope is the one which remained in the box, didnt have the time to fly because it was weak :D
Now, lets see what express this word called "hope". It express a state of mind, emotion, feeling or whatever you want to name it. Hope is good when used wisely, because if no hope for a better tomorrow then there would be no reason to live. Dying today or tomorrow will be the same. If we look back in the past (ye, this is a pleonasm too) we'll see that the human evolution is based mostly on hope and dreams.
But hope is just the begining point, if it remains at that stage then it can be considered as building castles in the sand or projecting thoughts just for the sake of chemical addiction that brains provides when these kind of thoughts circle around one's mind.
So, if it's used as in the lyrics from Forever Young (Alphaville) - > "hoping for the best but expecting the worst" then nothing good can come up from that. If one hopes then he better backup it up with belief and perseverence in order to acomplish his goal, otherwise will be just a dream which will never come true.
The dark side of the hope can be seen all over the world in the religions. Religions were created probably with a noble purpose, but then they were missused by man in order to control the others. They gave people false hopes in afterlife just for control. Starting from the very beginning of human history, after countries were formed, you can notice that the priests had the significant power.
That's why they invented all kind of stories about one or more revengeful gods who punish the people that dont obey to the priests and to the ruller of the country. I seen a show with Chris Rock and he express this situation very well: religion and rules were created and written by man. In a funny way, he said that back then, because of the heat, the pork could kill you. So what the rullers thought in order to prevent more deaths? .... let's say people not to eat pork because god said so. It was a good idea by that time, but now the conditions are changed. Conclusion?.... religions were created by man and from my point of view, religion is good only as guide lines, in rest it limits the mind with all kind of spooky stories and false beliefs.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

58. What came first, the egg, or the rooster ?

59. What's the "replay" in your avatar all about ?

60. If you got a penny put into your bank account automaticly every time you did some every day, little noticed action, what would that action be ?

61. How many inches is "1.76 cm" ?

62. ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE FACE !

Sorry, where were we ?

63. Do you have a favorite cartoon ?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

58. What came first, the egg, or the rooster ?
the koosalakoopagoop ! Also he had cookies ! Egg cookies !
omg this is a problem
what came first, the koosalakoopagoop or the egg cookies ?

59. What's the "replay" in your avatar all about ?
that was a "demo" for this

60. If you got a penny put into your bank account automaticly every time you did some every day, little noticed action, what would that action be ?
typing & clicking ... [edit]oh, geez, now i realise i'm greedy.
you meant little noticed action ... hmmm, let's see ... oh, how could i forget? breathing of course. Just got a dejavu, but ignore this.
Yes, because this way i'll get rich even in my sleep and also breathing is the less noticed action one do also it's done automatic.
A really little noticed daily action would be rubbing my chin. I think i do it very often when i pretend to think.

61. How many inches is "1.76 cm" ?
that would be: 0.6929 inches
oh my, i'm a little pleonastic dwarfy midget.
i think we have a problem here .... should i remove the 99 or the 44 ? ... so then it will be 5'7". Darn, i hate inches and feet, especially the stinky ones.

62. ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE FACE !
--- that was close, what are you trying to do? it's just a movie, are you really trying to hit me? or... hit on me?
Sorry, where were we ?
ah, that's better, for a moment i thought you were just pretending.

63. Do you have a favorite cartoon ?
Tom & Jerry ... i just love the parts when Tom kicks Jerry's ass :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts