GTKY -- musik (update)

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's another moderator's turn to be hit with this. Let's see what's changed since her last GTKY.

1. How did you come across joining Ozzu.com?

2. Are you still employed in the plumbing business?

3. Are you still a vegetarian?

4. What's the meaning behind your nickname?

6. Your last GTKY, you stated that part of your future plans was to travel to Asia and Canada. Did that ever materialize?

7. What did you do this past weekend?

8. Tell us about your current living arrangements. (Who you live with, in a house/apartment, etc)

9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

10. Tell us something about your self that we might find surprising.

11. What are you listening to right now?

12. What kind of car do you drive? (post a photo!)

13. What was your favorite toy growing up?

14. Pet peeves. We all have them. Give us your top 5.

15. Any vacation plans you are looking forward to sometime this year you'd like to share with us?

16. Guilty pleasures & bad habits (cigarettes, gum, candy, etc) Give us the dirt!

17. I know that you now live in Australia (before it was Britain). Have you picked up the Aussie slang yet? :)

18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

19. What are you most afraid of?

20. I know you were married recently, where did you go for your honeymoon?

21. Favorite meal?

22. What are some of your hobbies?

23. Do you speak more than one language?

24. Do you make a big deal on your bday? (big celebration?)

25. Do you have any pets?

26. Tell us about the last thing you were thinking about.

27. What do you do to stay in shape? Or do you do anything at all? LOL

28. What's the next thing in your life you're looking forward to? (A forthcoming concert, bday, trip, etc)

29. What's your favorite song(s)?

30. What other sites do you frequent besides ozzu.com?

Post more questions everyone.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ooh another GTKY! :D

1. How did you come across joining Ozzu.com?

I was searching for something webmaster related and came across it, found it to be not only a great resource for all things internet related but the people were really cool too. Have made it home ever since :)

2. Are you still employed in the plumbing business?

No, for the past 4 years I have pretty much worked for myself (except a stint for a year full time for a company when I was in the UK). My hubby and I have a business doing computer repairs, advertising design, programming and hosting. It's been good but hard work and I find I don't have as much time for the things I love anymore (like Ozzu and reading books)

3. Are you still a vegetarian?

Sure am :) The thought of eating something that was alive is pretty ikkis! But hey that's just my personal preference and I don't force my views on anyone else.

4. What's the meaning behind your nickname?

I love music and I am half German - musik is music is German :)

6. Your last GTKY, you stated that part of your future plans was to travel to Asia and Canada. Did that ever materialize?

No they didn't BUT I did get to go to the UK, Spain, Ireland, France (4 times!) and in September am headed to Africa for nearly 4 weeks.

7. What did you do this past weekend?

We finally paved the dog run!! *jumps around* we'd been talking about it for that long and always got sidetracked doing other things so I put my foot down and we got it done, just need a little finishing off but otherwise the hard work is complete :D

8. Tell us about your current living arrangements. (Who you live with, in a house/apartment, etc)

I live with my husband and 2 dogs on an acre and a half. We just love it here.

9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

Love God and love your neighbour as yourself :thumbsup:

10. Tell us something about your self that we might find surprising.

I enjoy cross stitch, many people find that surprsing for some reason.

11. What are you listening to right now?

http://www.radioparadise.com - best online radio EVER

12. What kind of car do you drive? (post a photo!)

We love our cars! Here they are...

Attachments:
rexton.jpg

2004 SsangYong Rexton Y220 Sport
6 cylinder Unleaded Multi-point injected 3.2L. A little heavy on the petrol although plenty of get up and go, lifts itself up the mountains with the speed of smaller cars. Roomy interior and plenty of boot space in the rear, we love it!

Attachments:
kyron.jpg

2006 SsangYong Kyron D100 M200 XDi
4 cylinder Diesel Turbo 2.0L. The old shape of the body doesn't bother us, in fact the sheild shaped rear lights look interesting. The diesel gives great fuel economy with 9.4ltrs per 100klms for us, not bad for it's size and the fact it's hauling itself up and down mountains most days. The lag upon take off takes getting used to but overall excellent value for money. Took it 4WD up the High Country of Victoria handled excellent with good clearance.

13. What was your favorite toy growing up?

Hmmm I was pretty into Cabbage patch dolls when I was a kid :lol:

14. Pet peeves. We all have them. Give us your top 5.

1. People who don't apologise when they've done something wrong
2. Racist people
3. Those who can't see the other side of the story or at least try to have a have a look
4. Banks who lie
5. Computers & programs that misbehave

15. Any vacation plans you are looking forward to sometime this year you'd like to share with us?

Heading to South Africa & Zambia in September as part of Hands at Work in Africa http://www.au.handsatwork.org to run a camp with kids from 4 orphan schools we fund.

16. Guilty pleasures & bad habits (cigarettes, gum, candy, etc) Give us the dirt!

I have such a sweet tooth! That's my worst and probably only guilty pleasure I have is anything sweet, chocolate etc

17. I know that you now live in Australia (before it was Britain). Have you picked up the Aussie slang yet? :)

Well I'm aussie and went to the UK for a few years with my boyfriend, now living here in Aus full time. Apparently I still say things very British, I dont hear it and I'm told I'm starting to lose the accent I picked up while living there.

18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

No useless talents I'm afraid..

19. What are you most afraid of?

Spiders are pretty high up there on the list. Death sounds pretty scary, although I know it will be good I'll just miss life and the people in it.

20. I know you were married recently, where did you go for your honeymoon?

We didn't have a honeymoon (doh) because we got people over from overseas instead. BUT our first anniversary I've told hubby we are going to Soveriegn Hill in Ballarat and staying overnight for the night show. (a gold mining town theme park)

21. Favorite meal?

Gado Gado

22. What are some of your hobbies?

Photography, traveling

23. Do you speak more than one language?

Nope just English

24. Do you make a big deal on your bday? (big celebration?)

Usually have the whole family over for lunch or dinner. It's a good excuse for a get together

25. Do you have any pets?

Yep I have Bob and Alice, our Golden Retrievers.

26. Tell us about the last thing you were thinking about.

Bills that needed to be paid and from which account :lol:

27. What do you do to stay in shape? Or do you do anything at all? LOL

:lol: I try and use the treadmill most days, floor exercises and the cross trainer.

28. What's the next thing in your life you're looking forward to? (A forthcoming concert, bday, trip, etc)

The trip to Africa I am looking forward to :)

29. What's your favorite song(s)?

Too many to mention!

30. What other sites do you frequent besides ozzu.com?

A dog forum where I chat to fellow GR owners who get together in person. Otherwise just Ozzu :D

31. Do you miss being on Ozzu everyday?

YES I wish I had more hours in the day, there are so many new faces! Am looking at taking on a new person to help with advertising design and sales so hopefully that will take some pressure off.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

32. You mention in Question 9 to love your neighbour like yourself. Do you think this is possible when your neighbour has just recently bought an Aston Martin Vantage and you know that on a daily basis you will see this very very very expensive and physically stunning looking car knowing that one day you might not ever have the money to buy a car a fraction of the cost of that car?

33. Why, on one nice sunny summers day, did we not meet each other when you were about 2 minutes down the road from me when i was in Oz?

34. What is the cost of petrol in Melbourne nowadays?

35. Can you believe that your winter so far hasn't been much different to our summer here in Scotland?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

32. You mention in Question 9 to love your neighbour like yourself. Do you think this is possible when your neighbour has just recently bought an Aston Martin Vantage and you know that on a daily basis you will see this very very very expensive and physically stunning looking car knowing that one day you might not ever have the money to buy a car a fraction of the cost of that car?

Yes it is possible :P

33. Why, on one nice sunny summers day, did we not meet each other when you were about 2 minutes down the road from me when i was in Oz?

I'm pretty sure you ended up going to Sydney and you wern't there! :D

34. What is the cost of petrol in Melbourne nowadays?

It's about $1.60 p/l and everyone is having a big cry.

35. Can you believe that your winter so far hasn't been much different to our summer here in Scotland?

It's usually pretty mild in June we've had some good rain though which is nice. I've never had a Scottish winter but I'm fairly sure it involves a LOT of snow ;)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

[b]36. Do you have any goats yet ?[/b]

[b]37. Can you forgive the people who don't apologise if they make a point of learning from their mistake and not do it again ?[/b]

[b]38. Who in your family would be most likely to be on TV and why ? (not counting being interviewed by the local news for a storm or something)[/b]

[b]39. What's the best game that's ever been included with an operating system ? (solitare, minesweeper, etc)[/b]

[b]40. If you could have 60 seconds to let loose and just scream at someone only to have both of you go on about your business like nothing happened afterwards, who would it be ?[/b]

[b]41. Which Ozzu photography/digi-art contest theme has been your favorite to date ?[/b]

[b]42. Ask yourself a question here.[/b]
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

36. Do you have any goats yet ?

Nooooo *sobs* I really really want some though but without good fencing they would have to be kept on leads all the time and that's a bit mean. Maybe one day when I can afford to do the fences properly :D

37. Can you forgive the people who don't apologise if they make a point of learning from their mistake and not do it again ?

Yes and even if they don't learn ;)

38. Who in your family would be most likely to be on TV and why ? (not counting being interviewed by the local news for a storm or something)

My brother for sure. He is most likely to end up being a stand up comedian! He is a pretty funny guy.

39. What's the best game that's ever been included with an operating system ? (solitare, minesweeper, etc)

Pinball used to be a personal favourite on XP but now I've gone to Vista business all the games have disapeared :shock:

40. If you could have 60 seconds to let loose and just scream at someone only to have both of you go on about your business like nothing happened afterwards, who would it be ?

Definately my hubby. We work and live together, it can get pretty stressful at times.

41. Which Ozzu photography/digi-art contest theme has been your favorite to date ?

I can't remember which one is was as it was years ago now but there was one comp where I entered a pic I hadn't take myself! It was purely by mistake but I remember someone commenting what a great pic it was and I said yeah theres me in it and they said ermmm you had to have taken the pic YOURSELF!! and I was like WHOOPSY!!! :shock: :oops: Thankfully my hair is getting darker as I get older so my stoopidness isn't as obvious :lol:

42. Ask yourself a question here.

If you had the power to do anything in the world you wanted, what would it be and why?

I'd clone myself, then I could have one of me working and the other me playing and having fun! :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

43. I remember the competition you were on about as i think it was me that picked out the flaw. Wasn't it the "shoot someone in a funny stance" or something to that effect?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
43. I remember the competition you were on about as i think it was me that picked out the flaw. Wasn't it the "shoot someone in a funny stance" or something to that effect?

From memory it was a pic taken when I was holidaying on the Whitsunday Islands in 2004 :D
My friends pics were mixed in with mine and I didn't even think about it. Can't recall what one it was though just that it was very funny because I was running the competition section at the time! :lol:
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

[b]44.Up what type of tree are you?[/b]
[b]45.If there is one place you could go right now, where would it be?[/b]
[b]46.Do you play any instruments?[/b]
[b]47.Red or Blue?[/b]
[b]48.Which do you use more, quick reply or advanced reply?[/b]
[b]49.What is your favorite colour?[/b]
[b]50.Who is your cellular provider?[/b]
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

44.Up what type of tree are you?

A gum tree :D

45.If there is one place you could go right now, where would it be?

I'd be in Canada

46.Do you play any instruments?

I can pluck a few notes on guitar, does that count?

47.Red or Blue?

Blue

48.Which do you use more, quick reply or advanced reply?

Quick reply most of the time

49.What is your favorite colour?

I have two I love just as much as the other, they are brown and green

50.Who is your cellular provider?

Virgin Mobile (yay Richard Branson!)
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

[b]51. When using the toaster, do you generally find yourself manually stopping the toaser or letting the setting(s) take care of when the toast/bagel/etc is done ?[/b]
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[b]52. Tell me one of your brother's jokes/stories/action[/b]

[b]53. What do you do when you are along and nobody is watching :lol: ?[/b]

[b]54. If you could by any car, which car would it be and why?[/b]

[b]55. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?[/b]

[b]56. You said you host... you got a site or something?[/b]

[b]57. I know that you are the moderator with abilities of giving people some verbal permissions... but here is one from me :lol: spam us with 3 links :P [/b]

[b]58. What is your most favorite activity?[/b]

[b]59. Can you find your fist post you made on ozzu?[/b]

[b]60. What is your favorite music genre?[/b]
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

51. When using the toaster, do you generally find yourself manually stopping the toaser or letting the setting(s) take care of when the toast/bagel/etc is done ?

I am usually too hungry to let it cook all the way and pop it up early :lol:

52. Tell me one of your brother's jokes/stories/action

One that always sticks in my mind was when he worked with me, and we were out the front and there was a bush with a great bottle brush flower on it and I cupped it in my hand and said 'What a gorgeous bottle brush' and my bro put on this funny voice and said 'My name is Rose, and I'm a botanist' - location joke but it was pretty funny.

53. What do you do when you are along and nobody is watching :lol: ?

Can't think of anything, sorry!

54. If you could by any car, which car would it be and why?

ooo tough question... probably a hot little bmw convertable ;)

55. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?

super strength would be useful. moving heavy things would be handy

56. You said you host... you got a site or something?

Yup.. www.kabarty.com.au

57. I know that you are the moderator with abilities of giving people some verbal permissions... but here is one from me :lol: spam us with 3 links :P

:lol: hmmmm 3 links to spam...
http://www.kiva.org - I have a heap of loans going with these guys and people really pay them back, it's such a great and cheap way to help someone in their own business in poor nations.
http://www.christian-meditation.com - one of my side hobbies
http://orisinal.com/ - my step daughter loves the games on this site, they are pretty cool!

58. What is your most favorite activity?

Visiting new places. I hope to do more that.

59. Can you find your fist post you made on ozzu?

07 Aug 2003, 17:46
musik wrote:
hullo!

im a graphic designer with my own business. always looking for new ideas and tips on how to do things because i also do web design but im not an ace at it!

anyhoo, just wanted to pop my head thru ya monitor and say hullo! Dont be scared haha.

:lol:

60. What is your favorite music genre?

Well it's not a genre exactly, but chilled out kinda music, I listen to RadioParadise.com most days when I am working. Good range and nothing too heavy.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love seeing cars from other countries! That make of car doesn't exist in N.A. and that's what I love about it!! N.A. gets different models of cars than the rest of the world.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

[b]61. What did you drive when you were living in the UK? pics would be good for all those "N.A" members who probably won't know what it is :lol:[/b]

[b]62. Why, when living in England, did you go to Ireland, Spain and France (4 times you emphasise) yet you didn't take a nice drive up to Scotland to see the stunning scenery we have up here?[/b]

[b]63. Do you wish people would stop asking you questions now?[/b]
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah: Yeah it's cool to see new cars you've never heard of. SsangYong is a Korean car, the engine is basically superseeded (sp?) models of the Mercedes engines. They are growing in popularity over here.

61. What did you drive when you were living in the UK? pics would be good for all those "N.A" members who probably won't know what it is :lol:

I can't find any decent pics but we had a Vauxhall Vectra & Astra. They were great cars.

62. Why, when living in England, did you go to Ireland, Spain and France (4 times you emphasise) yet you didn't take a nice drive up to Scotland to see the stunning scenery we have up here?

Just didn't get to go up there. Will get there one day, I never got to go see the Lake District, would have liked to have gone there too.

63. Do you wish people would stop asking you questions now?

Ummmmmmmmm its been a nice diversion from work :D
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those were great musik! thanks for the updates :)
Anyone else?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts