GTKY -- roarmeow

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.

2. In your profile, it states as location "BKNY" I'm going to assume you're from NY? Where exactly?

3. Any exciting plans for this summer?

4. You're a graphic designer, if you are currently working on a project, tell us about it.

5. Tell us about http://www.roarmeow.com/ & http://www.taylordesign.com/main.html

6. If my memory serves me correctly, you breakdance or used to. When did you begin and what styles do you focus on? (floor work, uprock, popping & locking, etc)

7. Have you ever lived in a different country?

8. Who is your hero?

9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

10. What do you think you'll be doing 5 yrs from now?

11. Is there someone from your past you wish you could go back and talk to? Doesn't have to be someone who has passed on. Could be someone you had a fall out with.

12. Guilty pleasures: Do you eat mars bars by the case? Never miss an episode of a specific TV show? Give us the dirt.

13. Would you rather be able to stop time while you slept, or never need to do laundry?

14. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?

15. What does your nickname mean?

16. What are you listening to right now?

17. Fave breakfast cereal?

18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

19. They say that everyone will eventually get their 15 minutes of fame. Have you had yours?

20. Spam us. Give us 3 links from your favorites menu and tell us about them.

21. What's the worst physical pain you've ever experienced?

22. What's your earliest childhood memory?

23. How tall are you?

24. What's one thing you would indulge in if you had some extra cash?

25. If you never had to work again, what would you do all day?

26. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim? (please make sure to pick someone who frequents the site often)

27. Have you ever met a famous person?

28. Do you have any piercings/tattoos? If so, what's the story behind them?

29. Have you ever been in an accident? If yes, tell us about it.

31. Coke or Pepsi?

Post more questions everyone.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool, i've been waiting for this GTKY! :D

Some questions to come from me later on.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know if this person still even comes on Ozzu? I know he used to frequent the site...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

He does frequent the site now and again, i have seen some of his posts recently. I will PM him.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

His profile says he hasn't been online since May 24... hrmm. Maybe from now on, I'll be picking the next victims and I'll make sure to pick someone who does frequent the site on a daily basis.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to be a bore, but maybe you shouldn't have as many GTKY threads on the go. Maybe leave if for one or maybe 2 a month?

Since December it seems like there has been heaps of GTKY threads (some of which shouldn't have been done, the SB one springs to mind) and it seems like most recently there are less and less people interested in reading these GTKY threads.

I am all for bringing out newer GKTK threads for all the previous victims that never got it as bad as recent members did. Again, i must re-emphasise ATNO/TW.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I leave it for too long, it gets bumped down dramatically. If the person doesn't come on the site but once a month, they won't see their thread since this one will get bumped possibly to the next page. Do you ever check the second or third pages? Didn't think so.

General Forum is very active and to keep the topic hot you gotta have multiple replies on the go. How many I have going is not a problem, we have endless amounts of active users to pick on.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You did realise that my last post was an attempt to bump this topic back to the top again, didn't you? :wink:

:hmm:
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Tell us how you came across OZZU.

Looking for a solution to something... I googled something, probably related to flash, and lo, there was Ozzu, with all the answers and more.

2. In your profile, it states as location "BKNY" I'm going to assume you're from NY? Where exactly?

Brooklyn... buck buck!

3. Any exciting plans for this summer?

Yeah, I'm getting married to the woman of my dreams; can't think of anything more exciting than that.

4. You're a graphic designer, if you are currently working on a project, tell us about it.

A project? Geez. Well, I'm doing a whole bunch of stuff at the studio I'm working at now. There, I'm working on some designs for a market research agency, just finished a bunch of ethics brochures for a manufacturing company, did banners for FedEx's cars in the Daytona 500...
Also, working on a site and logo redesign for the Association for Healthcare Risk Management of New York and logo, website, print ad and collateral for the Obsessive Compulsive Foundation...
Oh, yeah, and a bunch of chamber musicians... and some other stuff... need to sleep more...

Must say, though, I definitely wouldn't be working so much if I didn't learn so much from all these wonderful heads here at Ozzu!

5. Tell us about http://www.roarmeow.com/ & http://www.taylordesign.com/main.html

Roarmeow... that's when I was freelancing... to promote myself. Seen, I found a stuffed lion (small, keychain-sized) a while ago, when I was in a rough spot in my life. Well, yeah, the lion helped me out a bit. So, when things weren't going right, I just look into my palm and he'd look back, reassuringly.

One day, I was outside a library with my girls Neela and Ginger and we were talking with my lion and then we started roaring at each other... then we started alternating roaring and meowing. The rest, as they say, is history.

Taylor Design is, well, named after Dan Taylor, who started it. It's great. The website's kinda beat, but the folks are mad talented there (all actually went to school for graphic design and graduated tops of their classes and stuff), so I feel pretty blessed.

6. If my memory serves me correctly, you breakdance or used to. When did you begin and what styles do you focus on? (floor work, uprock, popping & locking, etc)

Yeah yeah... still waiting to see some shots of 613flavah's flavor... I started, kinda, when I was 11 (1989), could do some tight tricks (windmills and whatnot) but fell off pretty quick (hey, I was just a kid)... got back into it around 95/96 and, since then, been more into dancing... a good amount of floorwork, fair amount of popping, house dancing and whatnot... just into feeling the music more these days (though I do get off a sick headspin here and there)...

7. Have you ever lived in a different country?

Lived in Brasil for 3 months if that counts... can't wait to get out of here soon, though, let me tell you! The world's so big... and that trip to Brasil was really my first time out of the United Snakes, really blew my mind way open... there's mad folks with mad perspectives and mad love out there... Gotta get out more!

8. Who is your hero?

Just one? How about Gil Scott Heron, Arundati Roy, Primo Levi, Fela Kuti, Nelson Mandela, Assata Shakur, Danger Mouse, Mr Wiggles, Che Guevara, Ghandi, the list goes on... so many inspirations out there... but it's not about them... it's about all of us...

9. Finish this sentence "My life's motto is..."

STRICTLY POSITIVE

10. What do you think you'll be doing 5 yrs from now?

Lamping on a beach in South Africa, working on publishing words, voices and spirit from around the world, bringing people together and breathing the sweet sweet air...

11. Is there someone from your past you wish you could go back and talk to? Doesn't have to be someone who has passed on. Could be someone you had a fall out with.

A couple of those, too... this girl, Afsaneh, who introduced me to Marxism and Trotskyism when I was, like, 13, was mad cool... but I got all freaked out and I hope she knows how much she rawks... also, my friend Nick's older sister, who I was kinda mean to once... I still feel hella bad about it... (but she did always pick on us!)

12. Guilty pleasures: Do you eat mars bars by the case? Never miss an episode of a specific TV show? Give us the dirt.

Some are not fit for publication, but some include black and white cookies (the big cake-like ones), Lost, higher end vodka, staying out way too late on worknights...

13. Would you rather be able to stop time while you slept, or never need to do laundry?

Stop time while I slept... don't mind doing the laundry so much... especially if the trade-off is an extra 4-6 hours a day...

14. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of?

Hmmm... probably when I was teaching at this middleschool in West Oakland (CA) and got this kid who'd been through a lot to start taking his studies seriously.

15. What does your nickname mean?

It's from Shakespeare, Midsummer Night's Dream... my people all think I get into trouble a lot, I'm small, packed fulla energy and like jumping around and climbing on things...

I didn't dig it at first, but it stuck and now it's all love...

16. What are you listening to right now?

Gnarls Barkley - Gospel whatever (I forget the name, it's a tight track, though)

17. Fave breakfast cereal?

Home-made granola (yeah, I'm that crunchy)...

18. Any useless talents? (double jointed, tongue can touch nose, great animal noises imitations, etc)

Great animal noise imitations for sure (from wild cats to dogs to whale song)... but, really, no talent is useless :)... even if it just makes folks laugh.

19. They say that everyone will eventually get their 15 minutes of fame. Have you had yours?

Nah... not yet... when it comes, I'll stretch out, though... I swear.

20. Spam us. Give us 3 links from your favorites menu and tell us about them.

http://www.thefwa.com
http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/13923
http://www.feministing.com

21. What's the worst physical pain you've ever experienced?

Well, I got mad sick in Brazil and that was crazy... I was hallucinating and ish... crazy... that sucked...

22. What's your earliest childhood memory?

Eating cheerios

23. How tall are you?

5'3"

24. What's one thing you would indulge in if you had some extra cash?

Donating to some dope organization like a charter school or the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights

25. If you never had to work again, what would you do all day?

Free the land! Work on the struggle for liberation of all beings... either through targeted jail breaks or becoming a monk... still not made up my mind on that one.

26. Who would you like to see as the next GTKY victim? (please make sure to pick someone who frequents the site often)

IceCold (unless that's been done...)

27. Have you ever met a famous person?

Yeah, Saul Williams, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, M1, Daniel Ellsberg, Del the Funky Homosapien, Domino, Pep Love, Goapele, Ursula Rucker, Robert Redford, the list goes on... but I don't really know too many famous folks...

28. Do you have any piercings/tattoos? If so, what's the story behind them?

Nah... the story is, I have to get better skills to design something right...

29. Have you ever been in an accident? If yes, tell us about it.

I wet my bed last night... oh... wait, is that what you're talking about?

31. Coke or Pepsi?

Flip that ish... don't drink that stuff... it's really terrible for the earth, for people and for your body...

Peace and blessings
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great answers.

But, WAIT there's more!

32. You mention how you would like to explore the world, is there a particular country in mind?

33. It's great to read you are getting married this summer, are you having a big expensive wedding or is it just one of these "gotta do it, let's keep the cost to a minimum or the bank manager will dislike me for many years" weddings?

34. Is there a web language or skill you would like to develop in the near future?

35. How did that pop quiz detonate the primal ritual celebration?

36. When you send emails to people do you have a signature, if so what does it say?

--i will think of more later--
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Yeah, Saul Williams, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, M1, Daniel Ellsberg, Del the Funky Homosapien, Domino, Pep Love, Goapele, Ursula Rucker, Robert Redford, the list goes on... but I don't really know too many famous folks...

OMG you met Del?! what's he like? I love that guy :) I've met Rob Redford too. He was my mom's high school sweetheart's neighbour.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

32. You mention how you would like to explore the world, is there a particular country in mind?

dang, i wrote a long list and then lost it. bottom line is, no... no one particular country... probably about 20 particular countries, lol... i mean, there's so much beauty and amazing perspectives out there... where does it stop? i am really itching to go to South Africa, though, from everything i've heard...

33. It's great to read you are getting married this summer, are you having a big expensive wedding or is it just one of these "gotta do it, let's keep the cost to a minimum or the bank manager will dislike me for many years" weddings?

definitely on a tight budget (i thought it was a lot of money... until we talked to a wedding planner, who refused to work with us 'cos our math was too low)...

but we've been working it out (designed, printed, stamped and mailed our own invites... my friends are dj'ing, i'm renting two mk5 technics, a mixer and a mic for 200 bones, we're bringing up most of our flowers in a car, etc. etc.)

34. Is there a web language or skill you would like to develop in the near future?

all that object oriented stuff... i could do with a much better grasp on it... really, i want to get more confident in just about everything. since i started working at this studio, i've been messing with ssh a lot more and am digging on understand more of the inner workings of things... really rudimentary though.

35. How did that pop quiz detonate the primal ritual celebration?

With an understand elegance. Of course.

36. When you send emails to people do you have a signature, if so what does it say?

at work: the usual, name, email, phone, address
at home: peace and blessings

heights heights
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
OMG you met Del?! what's he like? I love that guy :) I've met Rob Redford too. He was my mom's high school sweetheart's neighbour.

Only met Del once (been at some parties he's been at, though, in West Oakland)... he's pretty laid back, really... got a reeeeal active imagination... and it's not too many people you go to a warehouse and see 'em playing a PSP in the middle of a party... lol
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone else? :)
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

has NorthTexas been victimized yet?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think so, you'd have to check in the post with all the prev victims. But didn't you already pick the next person or do you want to change?
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh, yeah... i most definitely did... my short term memory is so good!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

37. You mention that your short term memory is good, do you remember what you did yesterday?

38. Imagine this, you are climbing up a tree as tall as a house and half way up there is a branch strong enough and big enough for you to sit on comfortably and aproximately there is another branch about 3 meters more further up the tree. The reason you are climbing up the tree is because you are wanting to get a good view of the empty landscape that surrounds this tree but the furthest up the tree you go the darker the day is so you could risk losing out on any good light for the scenery if you went to the higher up branch. Which branch do you sit on?

39. *Ask yourself a question here*

40. You say you don't know which country you would go and visit as there are so many, list the following in the order of preference... Germany, France, Mexico, England, Scotland, and Ireland.

I will think of more later.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

37. You mention that your short term memory is good, do you remember what you did yesterday?

ummm... stuff n' stuff?

38. Imagine this, you are climbing up a tree as tall as a house and half way up there is a branch strong enough and big enough for you to sit on comfortably and aproximately there is another branch about 3 meters more further up the tree. The reason you are climbing up the tree is because you are wanting to get a good view of the empty landscape that surrounds this tree but the furthest up the tree you go the darker the day is so you could risk losing out on any good light for the scenery if you went to the higher up branch. Which branch do you sit on?

i'd go for the higher branch... if it gets dark, at least i get the thrill of climbing and the vertigo butterflies... if it doesn't get dark, then i get a sweeter view...

39. *Ask yourself a question here*

What the heck are you still doing at a studio when you were doing so much more fun stuff from home?
Umm... I am learning a lot about typography and getting some great positive and negative models of business management. Not to mention that steady money has allow for Iya and i to feel more comfortable paying bills on a car and getting new clothes once in a while and whatnot...
but i can't wait til i break out on my own again - and can start spending more time at Ozzu (what what!)

40. You say you don't know which country you would go and visit as there are so many, list the following in the order of preference... Germany, France, Mexico, England, Scotland, and Ireland.

mexico,
france,
scotland,
ireland,
germany,
england
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

England last, i wonder if Meman is reading this :P

Good answers for the questions. Thanks for taking the time answering them, i'm all questioned out.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, here i go shooting my questions:
41) what would you do if you were left for 3 days in the middle of a forest with only one can of food and no knife to open it?
42) how was the worst day of your life? (short description)
43) do you think in terms of long run, next week, today is what i have or ... trapped in the past?
44) do you have definite major goal in this life? if so, what is it?
45) if you were an european king in the dark ages, you would've participated at the crushades?
46) did you ever experienced a deja-vu feeling? if so, when and how was it triggered and what exactly did u experience?
47) when was the last time you dreamt that you can fly?
48) they say "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". Is this representing you?
49) last, but not least: what is your favourite color and why?
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

50: Yankees, Mets or Red Sox? :twisted:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

51. What is the funniest thing you have heard or read someone say?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

how come ppl aren't posting questions for icecold?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

because they know i'm busy working, so they're waiting for the weekend :D
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

52. When you are alone and you break wind (not burping :wink:), do you laugh?
53. Have you ever tried to bite your own toe-nails?
54. When you need to clear your nostril(s) - finger, sleeve, tissue, or other?
55. How often do you wear your cap (in your avatar)?
56. Ever had a celebrity crush (if so who)?
57. If you could play one musical instrument perfectly, what would it be and why?
58. Has Ozzu ever been your homepage?
59. If you could have any car in the world, what would it be?
60. Do you hand-code your own websites or use software like dreamweaver, etc?
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

41) what would you do if you were left for 3 days in the middle of a forest with only one can of food and no knife to open it?

you know i heard one about this... a chemist, a physicist and an economist are on deserted island with a can of food and no knife (or can opener)...
the chemist says that it'll be a cinch to open the can... just leave it in the salt water and let the salt water corrode the metal until it opens... it should only take several months...
the physicist says, "whoa whoa whoa... we'd starve to death by then..." and goes on to describe how, by throwing the can with the proper angle and rotational velocity, they could carve the top of the can off on one of the sharper rocks further away from the beach...
the economist, recognizing that none of them had the skill to perform such a feat said, "it's much easier than all that, folks... assume the can is open..."

42) how was the worst day of your life? (short description)

terrible

43) do you think in terms of long run, next week, today is what i have or ... trapped in the past?

given my memory problems, i think it'd be hard to be trapped in the past... i love the present... it's a "gift", right? definitely getting into "visualizing" the future, though... pretty exciting stuff... already got a wart to go away in a couple of days which resisted treatment (with everything from salacylic acid to liquid nitrogen to razor blades to duct tape) for 6 months...

44) do you have definite major goal in this life? if so, what is it?

leave the world in a better way than when i came into it

45) if you were an european king in the dark ages, you would've participated at the crushades?

if by crushades, you mean "crusades", absolutely not...
if by crushades, you mean "i'm not a player, i just crush a lot", most definitely

46) did you ever experienced a deja-vu feeling? if so, when and how was it triggered and what exactly did you experience?

in high school, i kept a dream diary for a bit... had a dream one time about coming into a room and meeting a bunch of people... all kinds of detail - wall colors, carpeting, the size of the windows, etc... the summer after that, i was at some theatre program and lived it... same exact scenario... only real... tripped out...

47) when was the last time you dreamt that you can fly?

i honestly cannot remember...

4Cool they say "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". Is this representing you?

no. i am representing it. i hope!

49) last, but not least: what is your favourite color and why?

toap. mostly because of the name. i like a lot colors, but don't find their names that exciting. toap is such an awesome name for a color.

50: Yankees, Mets or Red Sox?

oh, boy... now i'm gonna get in trouble... i don't follow baseball that much... when i was a little child, though, my grandpa came over to me with a mets hat and a yankees hat and made me pick... i picked the yankees... i just like pinstripes and dark blue, what can i say?

51. What is the funniest thing you have heard or read someone say?

at work, we were having lunch the other day... a co-worker (mark) had brought in a pressed, grilled sandwich... another co-worker was like, "wow... quite a lunch you've got there... is that a punanny sandwich?"
is that going to get censored out?
anyways... if it doesn, just think of something that sounds like panini but is duhty.

52. When you are alone and you break wind (not burping Wink), do you laugh?

most definitely... if i'm alone, i try to make 'em mad loud, too... but i'm about to get married, so i'm not alone that often...

53. Have you ever tried to bite your own toe-nails?

yeah... disgusting, though, couldn't do it... ended up getting safety scissors to cut them bad boys

54. When you need to clear your nostril(s) - finger, sleeve, tissue, or other?

tissue/finger combo (finger in the tissue)

55. How often do you wear your cap (in your avatar)?

almost never anymore... don't know why... i love it, though... just gotta find some more caps, so it doesn't feel like the only one i own (Iya, my fiancee, won't allow me to wear my old ones... 'cos i look to much like a 'boy' [read: immature])

56. Ever had a celebrity crush (if so who)?

i don't think so... i really don't think so...

57. If you could play one musical instrument perfectly, what would it be and why?

berimbau... 'cos that's the joint... as a capoeirista, it's the brains of the roda and i've seen some folks rock out on them joints... i gotta get much better, for sure...
y'all might have to google some of that ish up there...

58. Has Ozzu ever been your homepage?

naw... "blank" has been my homepage for quite a while now... but it's been a favorite for a solid minute...

59. If you could have any car in the world, what would it be?

biodiesel mercedes benz sedan, black, shiny... maybe with phony diplomatic flags...

60. Do you hand-code your own websites or use software like dreamweaver, etc?

both... i don't actually use dreamweaver to do the coding anymore, but it's nice to have the visual preview pane when i'm hand coding... although, at this point, i'm so lazy i usually just write out the page and then use firefox's developer extension to write up the css and watch it come to life... lol
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice answers ... you can be a politician :D
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haven't got a question to add, but.. capoeira... *awesome*. I first learned about it, sadly enough, in one of those oh-so-done competent-and-caring-teacher-makes-something-of-neglected-ghetto-kids films, Only the Strong; I've tried to watch every video and local exhibition I can find since. Very cool.

.g

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 29 posts