guess who's back

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys, I'm guessing everyone's forgotten all about me but after two grueling months, I have INTERNET AGAIN!!!! ARRRRHHHH!!! THE JOY, THE POWER!!

So I'll be around again........ As soon as I get used to having access to the world again.... I feel like someone's just dragged me out of a cave..... 'What is this 'internet' you speak of...?'

cheers,

celandine
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

:banana: Woot!
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heya spork!!

Incidentally, you guys seen this ? He's called Big Dog.
Welcome to the future of warfare....
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your name definitely rings a bell, heard it somewhere before :scratchhead: you're not that girl who cooked me breakfast last Saturday :?: or am I thinking of someone else... :roll:

Anyway, welcome back whoever you are :thumbsup:
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

So glad to have you back!! I was wondering where you went off to... 8)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to check to see you weren't a banned member who managed to make their way unbanned. Saw some kind of loophole or something...

Welcome back to the Zzu (pronounced Zoo for those of you wondering).
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey prime, glad you liked the sausages and scrambled eggs... next saturday I'll make it buttered toast and blueberry jam....

hi jameson, I was forced to take a two-month journey into the dark void called 'we have no ADSL connections available in your area at this moment'. It was scary. I prevailed.

SB - you people are obsessed :D and thanks - it's nice to be back....
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome back :)

The Big Dog video was pretty intense. I was pretty impressed by the lifelike quality of the movement and it's ability to recover from getting kicked and the ice... WOW robotics have really come quite some way in the past decade. I wonder if it was being radio controlled or if it was preprogramed....
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome back, is nice to have a girl's touch around here :-P
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys :D

I almost forgot how nice everyone was around here....
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
thanks guys :D

I almost forgot how nice everyone was around here....

:lol:

Welcome back traveler. Glad to see you here :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

caledine? Do I know you?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
caledine? Do I know you?

Yeah you do, she's the fish market lady.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol Not quite what I had envisioned.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
next saturday I'll make it buttered toast and blueberry jam....

urrrrrrgh - that's a womans/continental breakfast :!: I'm a 6'+ rugby-playing Englishman. This Saturday could you please rustle-up some bacon eggs sausages baked-beans mushrooms on thick white toast covered in butter and marmite. Not forgetting a pint of ice-cold freshly squeezed orange juice and a large mug of filter coffee (white no sugar). Try not to make to much noise when pottering around the kitchen in your 6" heels ... and please don't forget to washup after yourself. :roll:

PS> If you could also run me a bath it would be mucho appreciated :iconthumbright:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hyuck hyuck! anyhow I've adopted two kittens a week ago so now I'm more like this:

and prime - deal on the breakfast, except for the marmite - yuck. And what is it with men and 6" heels? I've trouble enough walking on 2 and a half inch heels... heh heh but then again I suppose we got our revenge already when we got a half of you to start waxing....
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whoa you're alive!!! I thought you were kidnapped by gypsies and forced into slavery or something.

That big dog is cool, I've seeen that video on their companies website, Boston Robotics or something like that I think. They also have a robot that can scale vertical walls untethered.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

heya kc0tma!! yeah I escaped from the evil gypsies and finally made it back to the world of internet access. it was tough, lemme tell ya.

big dog is wicked, but am I the only one feeling a little scared? this might come from playing too much half-life, but I'm just seeing the future of warfare every time I look at that clip. sure it's a pack mule now, but how much longer till they hook up some serious weaponry to it? wicked motion though - the first time I saw that man kick it and the way it regains its balance, my jaw hit the floor.....
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

They already make little robots with machine guns and stuff on them, but I don't think that this big dog will make it in the big time. Because it if looses one leg, it is pretty much incapacitated. So like of it gets a leg shot off or stuck in some rubble or something, it would be useless.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Word Up C ... nice to see you around again ... how was the underworld?
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
we got our revenge already when we got a half of you to start waxing....

You know men who wax :?: :shock: Which bits :?: I don't care what your husband says, it's not normal ... :?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

to prime - heh heh heh in Japan everybody does it. In Serbia, not so much. And my husband is far too much of a traditional type.... he doesn't even let me wear eye-shadow - no way he'd ever wax. But yes I do know men who do :D And I tells ya, it gives them a whole new level of insight into the female psyche...

to R_T - hey kid, I missed you most of all. Underworld sucked. Good to be up on the surface again. Beer flowing freely down in SA? Oh and - wicked avatar :D I might change mine to the 'chairman meow' picture...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah ... I had a birthday party on saturday ... it was called the "insanely awesome off-da-hook-off-da-wall birthday drink fest" ... try saying that when you're drunk ... my ribs are still sore and I'm not sure what caused this ... lol ... but it was really fun though ... we were chased out of the metal bar because it was 4am and the place actually closed at 2am ... and we were still there ... WooT! will send you a PM a bit later with full details ...
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hm, Where were you exactly, Can't find an Internet Cafe? Or did u just test your will power to not go to any cyber cafe.

hmmm,

(no offense, just wonder why)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh sure, I coulda done if I really wanted to. Net cafes in serbia are not exactly on every corner, but you can certainly find one if you look. but it's a pain. you know - you don't really want to set out on a trek from your house and go somewhere just so you can log on to a strange computer and spend an hour or so online. you need it to be part of you daily routine...

it's not a test of willpower as much as life running away from you. the net is not easily accessible (i.e. from home), and other things take over. moving house, finishing masters degree, working, doing jobs on the side, taking care of two needy kittens... cleaning house, cooking...

either way, I truly am glad to be back...
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I see the pic, now, Celandine.

Understood.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts