A guitarists dream come true.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally a self tuning guitar! This so rocks! (pardon the pun)

http://www.news.com/Opening-act-for-Gib ... 21226.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw a different article on that a little while ago. That's really awesome, although I'm sure there's plenty of musicians who will argue that any good guitarist should be able to tune his/her own guitar.

Still, it's pretty damn sweet IMO.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow ... I want a self-tuning drum set aswell ... Come on Tama!
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm. That's pretty cool. I wonder if there's any difficulty in replacing strings?
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Merlyn wrote:
Hmm. That's pretty cool. I wonder if there's any difficulty in replacing strings?

Yeah, it sounds liked there's plenty of room for stuff to go wrong. Plus, tuning a guitar isn't rocket science.. you just twist until it sounds right.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

jameson5555 wrote:
Plus, tuning a guitar isn't rocket science.. you just twist until it sounds right.

heehee yeah right. Try that with a dual locking floating bridge with a tremolo bar. This one is nearly identical to mine, and let me tell you even with a Korg rack mount electronic tuner it takes me close to an hour after restringing to get it near perfect.

• jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
jameson5555 wrote:
Plus, tuning a guitar isn't rocket science.. you just twist until it sounds right.

heehee yeah right. Try that with a dual locking floating bridge with a tremolo bar. This one is nearly identical to mine, and let me tell you even with a Korg rack mount electronic tuner it takes me close to an hour after restringing to get it near perfect.

I guess it depends on if you're tuning up before a professional recording or just tuning so it sounds right when you play. Granted, when you put new strings on they can tend to stretch so you need to keep retuning until they stop stretching.

Beautiful guitar, by the way!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's an Ibanez similar to mine. Mine is a mahogany thin body and a bit older bridge but looks like the same Ibanez USA pickups

Here's mine:

The thing with these is the strings are also "locked" at the top of the neck under the tuning pegs. Basically after the thing is tuned or near perfect you clamp down the lock on the strings and don't use the tuning pegs anymore. Instead you fine tune adjustments on the bridge. Not sure how this robot thing would work with one of these. I can see it as practical on a classic design where all you use are the tuning pegs.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The scroller that has the letters... it probably automatically turns the tuning pegs for you to adjust to the tune you choose (that scroller). That's what I'm assuming right now without reading the article... :lol: Too lazy to do that... even though I want an electric guitar, I guess I'll have to make do with the regular common nonelectrical guitar.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts