Hacker to be extradited to USA

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

A guy originally from Scotland who hacked into the the Pentagon in what was the "biggest security breach" ever is being extradited to the USA for trial. I was hearing he was likely to get 70 years in prison and probably be based at Guantanamo Bay as a terror suspect.

I understand he did something really disgraceful and could did something that could be deemed as an act of terrorism, but is 70 years really a fair prison sentence bearing in mind that he'll be locked up in the USA with prisoners that may not take kindly to the fact he's in jail thanks to breaching the American national security?

The Scotsman (newspaper website)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What exactly did he do ?

If he really was just looking for UFO information, and the files he deleted where nothing but logs/etc to cover his tracks, then yes I think 70 years is a bit harsh. If I discovered I could access what are normally restricted networks and possibly see information about a UFO or aliens, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing.

If he had another motivation other than curiosity, I think he should be sent wherever it is they want to send him and never let out.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Got to admit, I have no sympathy for this bloke. It's not a Hollywood movie and he must face the consequences of his actions. 70 years is the maximum penalty he could receive, nobody is saying that is what will happen... is a matter for the American justice system.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts