Happy 40th birthday Sesame Street!

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sesame Street Turns 40 Today

It's really scary to think that I remember when it started and watched all of the first episodes! lol

Quote:
There’s no resting on their well-earned laurels for the Sesame Street Muppets: after 40 years of broadcasting, an amazing 122 Emmy Awards, and shows in more than 140 countries, the longest-running program in the history of children’s television is coming to you on November 10 with an all-new look and format that will knock your socks off.

“When you turn on your TV on November 10,” says Executive Producer Carol-Lynn Parente, “you’ll see a brand-new and spectacularly beautiful opening sequence. We’re also launching an entirely new format for the show — the magazine format of Sesame Street, which has been evolving over the years, has been officially replaced with what we’re calling a ‘block’ format. And it’s just wonderful.”

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just want to know what the difference between a magazine and block format is. :scratchhead:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

In TV production a magazine format is the organization of a television program into different features, each with its own story, similar to the way a magazine is organized.

Sesame Street pretty much clarify what they mean by "block" here:
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/inside/pr ... 40/release
Quote:
the 40th season has been reformatted to resemble a typical broadcasting block. Murray the Monster Muppet™ hosts each episode from different locations linking four longer segments with fun-filled interstitials throughout the hour. The block format begins and ends with a brand new show open and close, integrating colorful chalk-art animation with the Muppets™ of Sesame Street, set to the re-versioned classic “Sunny Days.”
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Back when I was working at a tv station when we were in the live news we had it split up into block 1, block 2, block 3, etc, and they were seperated by commercial breaks. But that might have just been our own special little way of communicating and identifying different parts of the show.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
Back when I was working at a tv station when we were in the live news we had it split up into block 1, block 2, block 3, etc, and they were seperated by commercial breaks. But that might have just been our own special little way of communicating and identifying different parts of the show.

Same way we did it. I'm pretty sure that still applies. Especially in shows like sitcoms. In fact a sitcom is probably a pretty familiar example of block format, or a soap opera for that matter.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

google.uk has been having a Sesame Sreet themed logo over the last three days:

5th November:

6th November:

7th November:

If a new one appears tomorrow I'll add it to this post.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been getting those at the plain Google.com too, Zwirko. :D
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

Weird. I wonder why I don't see 'em?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because of this topic I realized that google.com has changed a bit.

There are no more search button, or I'm Feeling Lucky button...

Simply "Press Enter to search" thing... and some AJAX (or jQuery w/e). I think that it looks kind of nice.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:

I still have both of those, but I'm logged in using a skin (it is not classic mode or anything). I guess that's "iGoogle". What is weird is that I went on holiday and now I'm back my choice of skin seems to have changed to "Sesame St." Which who didn't like Sesame St. anyway, so that's okay. But I'm switching back to "Forces of Nature".
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Got the whole gang today

If I recall today is the actual day the new format is to run.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

mk27 wrote:
Bogey wrote:

I still have both of those, but I'm logged in using a skin (it is not classic mode or anything). I guess that's "iGoogle". What is weird is that I went on holiday and now I'm back my choice of skin seems to have changed to "Sesame St." Which who didn't like Sesame St. anyway, so that's okay. But I'm switching back to "Forces of Nature".

It's back at normal for me right now... I don't use any Google skin... it might have being an error in the generation of the page at the time, or it was a temporary change.
  • dordor

Post 3+ Months Ago

40 years no way ! I remember that I used to love them when I was a kid...

Happy B day

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts