Harry Potter 3

• whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just come back from the cinema after seeing Harry Potter 3. I thought it was pretty good, nice cast but a bit rushed and not a patch on the book.

Has anyone else seen it or read the book? Does anyone care?! :lol:

whos_wee_dug?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I stopped finding that interesting after reading the 1st book... don't know wut the big hype about that story is
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's no big deal acutally. Dont see the appeal.
movie's boring i find and nothing compared with merlin. :P
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate harry potter
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

same here. everybody else is crazy abt harry potter
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont really have a problem with it. It is better than some of the other new movie & cartoon characters being used nowadays....no more crime fighting superheros, just idiots like ed, edd, and eddy. What does that teach kids? That carrying around a peice of wood and acting retarded is good?

I HATE TV!!!! I love movies though,,,
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

My guess at the plot of the film:
Guy escapes from prison
Guy hates harry potter
guy also set on world domination (probably)
Harry saves the day
The girl is very annoying throughout.....

I'll be going to see it, but I doubt it's gonna astound me :lol:

Personally I have no problem with Harry Potter as childrens book. I have no problem with adults reading said chilrens book for light entertainment. What I really hate about it is the grown men and women that say that they are "really well written books", or "the best book i've ever read".

I read the first book and have seen both the films. The stories are formulaic and poorly conceived, but ok for a book aimed at a younger audience, but I do feel worried about those adults, that honestly think they are good books. Have these people never read aything before. It's hardly literary genious.

What I thought was funny was that there was an "adult" version of the last one, which just had a different cover on it so that the adults didn't feel so consious of reading a childens book :lol: lmao it's the same book!!
  • fional24
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • fional24

Post 3+ Months Ago

Havent seen the film, but did love the book. Quite interested to see how they do special effects etc this time, especially the dementors.

Who cares if it's a kids book or not, I'm not that self conscious. It's just good relaxing reading, with characters you can identify with because, whether your prepared to admit it or not, we were all kids once and have gone through the trials of growing up.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

fional24 wrote:
It's just good relaxing reading

Read back to my original post. I'm fine with people reading it for this reason, because that is how I view the book. What I hate is people who talk about it like it's a top-quality literary masterpiece, which it clearly isn't. if you want a nice easy-going book to read, then it is very well suited to your needs. Just don't say "best book ever"

As for special effects, the trailors look pretty good, and I hear they have tried to make it a lot darker/menacing than the other two.

And who cares if it's a kids book? All thoe people who bought the adult version of course :lol:
  • fional24
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • fional24

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont normally watch the films, too boring. But I did like the trailer with the kids singing the disturbing sounding song.

And then there was the wanted poster stand thing in the cinema foyer which made faces at you depending on which way you look at it!

Or was that just in my head........? :twisted:
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

that movie isn't even out in theaters here yet, i like the book series but im not crazy about the movies
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Should ask Sam Neil from Merlin to play harry potter. heh heh. that will be interesting!
  • fanfwar
  • fanfwar

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a movie I will be taking my two boys to see when is comes out in the U.S. on friday. I enjoyed the previous two
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant stand Harry Potter, mainly for the reason that every one of my family members think the series is just fabulous. I read the first 3, finished the fourth only because i was bored one day, and didnt read the fifth. They were ok for a minute, but I have to agree with rtm on this one. ITs ok reading, but definatly not the best thing out there. Not to mention the movies suck. I only saw the first one, and promptly decided the others werent worth it.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't wait to see it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts