Has anyone been scammed by WallpaperScript(.)com?

• ariya
  • Born
  • Born
  • ariya

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys,

This is my first post and it's not a pleasant one. I have bought 2 licenses from WallpaperScript(.)com agreeing to terms that I would get free updates for 1 year and bug updates for life time. I have found a major bug in the script which stopped from uploading any wallpapers and users are getting 404 errors for wallpaper pages which exists. I contacted the support regarding this and haven't got any response for months now. I used another e-mail and e-mailed to them a potential customer looking to buy their script and I got response within hours.

Just want to let all webmasters know that just beware with these guys. I have made my formal complaint with PayPal and looking to hear back from them. If you're a current customer then post here your experience with WallpaperScript.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all. :|
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not going to take sides yet because I don't have much to go on. I'd also love to plug my own wallpaper script right now, but I won't.

What type of licenses did you buy ?

When did you buy them ?

What is the "major bug", can you explain it in detail ?

You used different email addresses to contact them with, but did you contact the same address when looking for support and when baiting them ?

What did you say when you contacted them for support ?
  • henrinaiara
  • henrinaiara

Post 3+ Months Ago

ariya wrote:
Hey Guys,

This is my first post and it's not a pleasant one. I have bought 2 licenses from WallpaperScript(.)com agreeing to terms that I would get free updates for 1 year and bug updates for life time. I have found a major bug in the script which stopped from uploading any wallpapers and users are getting 404 errors for wallpaper pages which exists. I contacted the support regarding this and haven't got any response for months now. I used another e-mail and e-mailed to them a potential customer looking to buy their script and I got response within hours.

Just want to let all webmasters know that just beware with these guys. I have made my formal complaint with PayPal and looking to hear back from them. If you're a current customer then post here your experience with WallpaperScript.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all. :|

well.. nice feedback for us man..

thanks a lot...
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I'd also love to plug my own wallpaper script right now, but I won't.

And where might one look for such a script, you know, as a nice alternative? :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

PM Me. :)

I'm still curious about these bugs. At first I thought people were triggering some sort of DRM gimmick related to wallpaper count limitations on that scripts various license versions. From what I gather the bugs seem to be security related though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts