Have you ever hated Ozzu?

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D

I did, I don't exactly know why I felt so. It was irrational, for no reason. Maybe Ozzu has been so lively and it plays a big role of my life now :?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and hey what's that over there ?!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never. I don't ever see that happening, yet this site takes up a significant amount of time in my life and has done for the last 3 and a half years.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never hated ozzu, but somethings that have been posted have pissed me off enough to make me hit the little X in the corner and not come back for a day or two. But that isn't ozzu, that's just some anonymous post that is out of my control.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate to suggest it to anyone, but if you're a regular reader/poster and you're feeling like you might hate the site, or the community, you might want to spend some time outside, maybe with friends or family. Perhaps some more sleep is in order.

I think what you're really describing is not so much hate for Ozzu, but more an anxiety that comes from starring at the phosphorus glow of the monitor/display for too long. I find some form of physical exertion/exercise is the best way to break that tension.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

So sorry. When I got up this morning, I'd regretted posting this. I can't believe I'd have posted something like this. And reading your post, digitalMedia--You are so right. I actually found that I was really messing up with myself too much in front of my computer lately until 6AM, and I'd woken up the next day at 1PM and today 11AM, this has been going on for a week now. After being able to do a half-chin up for 17 times and a 20 sit-ups today, and also fast-walk for an hour non-stop with my father at the park, now I feel more balanced.

Quote:
Sorry to everybody who'd read this silly thread I've started
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
you might want to spend some time outside, maybe with friends or family. Perhaps some more sleep is in order.

Regardless of whether or not you spend 95% of your waking hours on ozzu this is a good idea. For instance, I had probably the worst day I've ever had at work yesterday. I didn't want to look at any computers or servers and didn't want to talk to anybody, so I went into one of my server rooms and locked the door, leaned back and put my feet on the desk and just chilled out for about a half hour. That really helped me settle down and the rest of the afternoon wasn't so bad. Then when I got home I put on my boots and a tee shirt and hopped on my motorcycle and rode that puppy for almost 3 hours just to take the edge off. But the biggest point is, if you don't like a website then don't frequent it. If you are watching a tv show and it just isn't doing it for you, do you continue watching it or do you change the channel?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

George, i wouldn't feel any regret from posting this. You've actually started an interesting discussion. It's nice to know what people think about there time on Ozzu. If you get frustrated then you then decide what it is that frustrates you, obviously there was a time you felt irritated with Ozzu but generally do you feel bad being here?

As Kc0tma mentioned, if you feel like you dislike a site more than you enjoy being there then you need to either establish what it is you dislike and communicate to any mod, supermod or admin if there is something you feel that they could change...or take a break from the site and focus your mind on other areas of interest.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Suuuuuckerz, I AM NOT AFFRAID TO SAY IT. I HATE THE NEW OZZU. Yet, my love & respect for it's members, the collective talent, and willingness to help others keeps me coming back.

My reason for hating the new OZZU. Because it charges it's members for , stuff that typically should be free. I mean really, do I want to pay to be able to change my status bar color to bronze or silver?

Fortunately, I can still talk and share with all of you.

I don't know, maybe I am still harboring some pent up resentment from the NetZero motto and promise to provide me with free internet access. Why, "because they believed the internet should be free", as I believe the same for OZZU as a valuable resource for all graphic and web designers. So again,

I HATE OZZU.

See you all tomorrow.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
My reason for hating the new OZZU. Because it charges it's members for , stuff that typically should be free. I mean really, do I want to pay to be able to change my status bar color to bronze or silver?

Yet the ability to have your name in a different color doesn't change the way Ozzu functions nor what you can get out of it.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
Suuuuuckerz, I AM NOT AFFRAID TO SAY IT. I HATE THE NEW OZZU. Yet, my love & respect for it's members, the collective talent, and willingness to help others keeps me coming back.

Fortunately, I can still talk and share with all of you.

I don't know, maybe I am still harboring some pent up resentment from the NetZero motto and promise to provide me with free internet access. Why, "because they believed the internet should be free", as I believe the same for OZZU as a valuable resource for all graphic and web designers. So again,

I HATE OZZU.

See you all tomorrow.

So long as you don't lose out on the information that Ozzu provides and the general "collective talent" that the members here have then there isn't really anything for you to be hating Ozzu for. You've not lost out on anything that Ozzu provided before the memberships came into effect, so does that mean you hated the site beforehand?
  • UTOPIA
  • UTOPIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have only just joined so would have to be a very bitter and twisted person to hate it already.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never hated this place, but there were a few periods when things seemed to be getting a little strange... some conversations turned a little tense, some resentment started to flow through the cyberspace.... but these things happen in any large, heterogeneous group of people that spend a lot of time together... it happens in offices, at school/ university - god knows it happens in families.... But all in all I like this place - I like it better than my office, and sometimes a little better than my family :D . I've made good friends here and I'd miss them if they disappeared out of my life. In the end I suppose that's what it's all about.

and George - I don't think you should feel bad about posting your original comment. I find with all negative feelings in life, conversation always helps. sometimes it helps you realise that the source of your negative feelings wasn't what you thought it was...
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, celandine, how true is that you're saying. I'd be miserable if I miss hearing from them again in Ozzu.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

There was one day maybe ... I got onto ozzu as I do every morning ... and there were like two or three people spamming simultaneously in every forum, and at that specific moment in time there were no mods awake/online ... and I kept on reporting but nothing was happening, so I finished my morning routine and got to work and it was all sorted out ... but that's about it ... I can't think of one thing about this site that I didn't/don't really like ...

The new home page did irritate me for about three days ... but again I think that was only because I wasn't used to it and now I actually like it ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts