Heading to Sth Africa & Zambia!

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm heading over to South Africa & Zambia in September to work with orphans for around 3 weeks. Have never been to that part of the world so have no idea what to expect. Am looking forward to the experience. Has anyone else here done anything similar before?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm from SA and it is a cool place to visit
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik, you're going to inspire me to actually get up from my desk and go see some of the world...one of these days.

Have a great adventure!
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Remember to take your camera.

I'm jealous of you. A friend of mine is doing something similar next year.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol
/me waits for the South African photo comp :P

Sarcasm aside, that sounds like quite an adventure. I worked with a guy who traveled all over the world for 7 years and eventually ended up in Bosnia. He ended up with like 7 kids, most adopted - his job? Working with orphans. He's pushing 50 now, but said those were the best 7 years of his life.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ohhh I will be bringing the camera that's for sure!! OH says I'm not allowed to stow away any orphans to bring home ;)

I do a lot of work here raising money for a few schools we sponsor to run so it will be cool to see them in person.

Just over 3 weeks isnt a lot of time to spend over there but with running a business its better than nothing eh!

PS: neksus, you sarcastic! never!! ;) :P
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Just over 3 weeks isnt a lot of time to spend over there but with running a business its better than nothing eh!

Am i missing something? do you mean you have anything else other than visiting the kids?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just meant because I run my own business, I can't take longer off work to be over there so I will only be there for around 3 weeks :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
I'm heading over to South Africa (Zambia) in September to work with orphans for around 3 weeks. Have never been to that part of the world so have no idea what to expect. Am looking forward to the experience. Has anyone else here done anything similar before?

I'm a bit confused now ... You say you're going to "South-Africa" but then in brackets you say "Zambia" which is a country that is a whole country north of South-Africa (Zimbabwe is in between) ... Or did you mean that you are going to the "South" of "Africa" which would then make more sense to me ... ?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ohh sorry yes Im going to south africa first then to zambia in the southern africa *tongue tied* :lol:

my geography isnt so good for that part of the world yet *grin* thank you for the correction i edit my post so as to not confuse the two :D
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome ... how long are you going to be in South-Africa for? and where are you going to stay while you're here?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think we will be staying in J'berg. At the moment we only have booked our flights from Aus to there and back. Our friend is over there at the moment and is going to book the rest of our flights while there as apparently it is much cheaper to book directly. So I won't find out till he back later next week :D
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

<--- Jealous that you get to do something as awesome as this. Hope your trip is a blast!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I met a guy while remodeling a house a few years ago who used to be really heavy into doing drugs. He decided to go to Africa & volunteer to help out with some sort of construction efforts a year or so earlier & he said the experience gave him an entirely new outlook on life.

I don't mean to imply you've got a drug problem musik, :lol: but that guy is still clean today & installing carpet as far as I know. Apparently Africa can be a life changing experience. :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: well they do say that doing stuff for other people changes your life! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts