Healthy Warning for webmasters

• suraja
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • suraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

This not for webmaster only acually, it's for anyone who works daily in front of computer. Some of you might not know about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it's some kind of a common source of hand numbness and pain. You can see some of CTS surgery pictures [WARNING: graphic content], hope you still good after seeing those.

And it's a big risk for anyone who works daily on a computer that use mouse and computer on bad position. Here are some good postions on mouse and keyboard usage for you:

and more on this post, also some hand exercise while on computer

Hope this information help us on healthy workspace! And hope I'm not posting this on wrong section
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reminder about posture. Lots of ppl have bad posture and wonder why they hurt at the end of the day.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard - I used to hurt in my arms and wrists but this keyboard made a world of difference.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I keep my keyboard on my lap so I can turn my chair sideways and put my feet up. I have my chair at one end of the desk and the monitor at the other end so my neck doesn't bend much at all. I was just sitting here looking at my wrists and they look straight for the most part, I suppose there's times when they're bent either which way though.

I keep a folded up wash cloth behind my mouse that my wrist sets on when I use it. When it gets funky I can just wash it and use a fresh one. Much happier with this than I was with one of those mouse pads with the built-in wrist bubble things.
  • craniul 26
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • craniul 26

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just need to find one of those keyboards in a bluetooth version!!!
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I followed the right position and everyone stared at me... maybe I was exaggerating.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts