Heart's Genius Avatars

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This one looks familiar to me, but I'll be damned if I can identify him.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like Russel Crowe on drugs LOL j/k. Amazing how what should be the simplest ones are the hardest to figure out.
  • Digitelle
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: BRKLYN-NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

This one's a cross between Kenneth Branagh and William H. Macy
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The face has familiarity, but nothing is clicking, so I'll add some thoughts and if you want to tell me if I'm on track or way off that's fine. Seems like it may be difficult for everyone else that's playing so far as well.

Given the hair style and attire I'd say this is a fairly recent picture. At least mid to late 90-ish or even more current. The gentleman behind him appears to be wearing what may be a graduation gown. Given the tweed suit and casual polo shirt underneath, I'm going to take a guess that our genius is most likely a professor somewhere (stereotyping not intended). If I'm correct so far, although it's difficult to tell the age of the man behind him, the features that I can see make him appear to be older than an undergrad so he may be a graduating grad student or doctorate student probably the former. I'm going to go way out of the box and take a guess that he may be in the New England area.

I'm also going to make the assumption that he is still alive.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd say this one's more of a psycho than a genius.

ted kaczynski
http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_ ... ml?sect=22
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

heehee...Way to go Joebert! Blew my theory right out of the water. I need to go back and reread Sherlock Holmes.

No wonder that face looked so familiar. Cheers!

//hey Heart - that's five for five with very little to go on. Not bad, eh?
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

CONGRATS: joebert!!

Yes, although you might of never heard the name Ted Kaczynski, you might have heard his more infamous name The Unabomber. That's right, he is The Unabomber and even though he is a little crazy, he is a very very smart man. He majored in mathematics and he was a professor. He did lead a very interesting past. I highly suggest you look into him. I added him because I wanted people to see how some geniuses are using their intelligence for bad things.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

NAME GENIUS #6!!

This one might be a bit hard to track down.. Good luck..
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Albert Einstein when he was younger.

//edit, when he worked at the patent office it looks like. http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap951219.html
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joe.. I accepted this last time but you got to give me an explanation of why they are famous from being a genius.. not a link to it.. (in your own words)..
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hell's yeah! That's Albert Einstein. He got famous for his relativity theory which was later used to bomb Hiroshima. He was asked to be the president of Israel or something once which he turned down. This is another fact about him not many people know of: He and his girlfriend had a girl before he got married to his girlfriend who they gave up for adoption and never heard of her again. :wink:
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

CONGRATS: psyc0w and joebert!!

Giving credit to both..

Yes, Albert Einstein is known as the most famous genius of all time. Although, Albert didn't have the highest IQ he is still considered the smartest man to even work the planet. He wasn't always smart, he did very poor in school and no one would ever figure him to become what he did later on in life. Albert was known as one of the most creative geniuses. His loose and funny personality really made people consider being smart as "cool". Albert has done a LOT for our current world, more than anyone could say. He has inspired millions to push themselves into doing the unthinkable. I HIGHLY suggest picking up some books on Albert because he is just so interesting it's just amazing. He has lead an amazing life that anyone and everyone can envy..

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:oops: Guess I should have read the rules, I thought you were doing the explainations. My links were meant to show where I found them.

Einstein is a great example of someone with no obvious special skills while they are young finding their nitch & sticking with it. He went from failing an entrance exam to study electrical engineering in 1895, to being a well known scientific thinker by 1909.
His words "I never realised that so many Americans were interested in tensor analysis." when visiting America in 1921 to raise money for a planned university in Jerusalum shed sort of a salesman light on him.

I diddn't know too much about him before this thread, but after reading a little about him am intrigued to read more. (I'm just good at finding them)
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, there is a lot to his life.. Some really interesting stuff.. It's just amazing how he is one of the dumbest smartest people to ever work the planet.. I think that's why people like him so much..
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Albert Einstein
Famous Physicist/Mathemetician. His accolades include the first theory of general relativity (while working at a post office) and then the revised special rules of relativity. Also famous for E=mc^2.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha...I forgot to look @ page 7. Good thing I went out and partied tonite instead of staying back and getting the easy ones :( haha im jk, I had fun :D:D
Damn I notice the unabomber in his sig as well, I totally knew Einstein and the Unabomber :(
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect

Post 3+ Months Ago

*awaits the next genius* :twisted:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also recall reading once that he never memorized anything he could look up. He would have loved Google.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya, that's true as well. Although he was the staple of both worlds (genius and not-so-smart), I believe he is the father of science simply because of his mug. I mean seriously, who will ever forget that hair after seeing it?!
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect

Post 3+ Months Ago

So true, so true. The man was a revolutionist.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will put up the new Genius on Monday.. I am buisy all this week.. If ATNO or neksus want to make one I will consider it apart of the comp..
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

We can wait until Monday (it'll give us a break *lol). I have various suggestions for future reference in case you run out of ideas.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

As do I :D
I wouldn't wanna take/make a genius though, this is your thing (but if you need help feel free to ask :D)
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

As a physics enthusiast, Albert Einstein has always been one of my favorite physicists. There are others who I won't name in case Heart decides to use those in the future.

In 1905 Einstein published three papers:
  • On the Motion—Required by the Molecular Kinetic Theory of Heat—of Small Particles Suspended in a Stationary Liquid (Brownian Motion)
  • On a Heuristic Viewpoint Concerning the Production and Transformation of Light (The Photoelectric Effect)
  • On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies (Special Relativity)

Although he is best known for his theories of Relativity, Special and General, he received the Nobel Prize for his paper on The Photoelectric Effect in 1921. Although surprising on the surface, this makes sense as his theories of Relativity were not as widely accepted at the time.

For anyone interested in Albert Einstein, Ideas and Opinions is an excellent book. It is a collection of Einstein's general writings and covers topics ranging from science, atomic war and religion to government, economics and human rights.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jrzycrim !! Great links, thanks. :)
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

NAME GENIUS #7!!
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Niels Bohr

I would say he is best known for his discoveries of the atomic structure. The classical model of the atom had problems but by incorporating 'quanta', Bohr's Model fit experimental evidence that the older model could not. You could say it was a quantum leap forward. I know, bad pun. Anyway, he was awarded the 1922 Nobel prize for this work.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/en ... pbohr.html
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol -- I hadn't even had a chance to see the picture yet. Nice going Jim!
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect

Post 3+ Months Ago

JrzyCrim wrote:
Niels Bohr

I would say he is best known for his discoveries of the atomic structure. The classical model of the atom had problems but by incorporating 'quanta', Bohr's Model fit experimental evidence that the older model could not. You could say it was a quantum leap forward. I know, bad pun. Anyway, he was awarded the 1922 Nobel prize for this work.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/en ... pbohr.html

Wow...congrats. :wink:
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

CONGRATS: JrzyCrim!!

Niels Bohr proved the new structure on atoms. He had a lot of theories on the atom that are now proven true. He also helped create the first nuclear bomb, but on his later years he tried to produce peaceful uses for atomic energy.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 125 posts