hello guys

• Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wanted to drop a note and say that i am alive (if any of you care). I have not been around for a while cause i am seeing the new guys come in and guess what THEY ARE MODS ALREADY! To me being a mod is like being in MGMNT, you need to work your way there. Well just wanted to stop in and say "Hello."
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cuerock - Every mod here did work their way to becoming a moderator. Maybe under your eyes time is the most important factor on who is picked to become a moderator, however, under our eyes we are looking for the type of moderator's who are respectful, produce high quality posts, follow the rules, and give a good example to other members for what we would like to see here at Ozzu. Every moderator we have chosen does have a good "sample" of posts to base our decision on. There are many members who, even though, are important to Ozzu and have been here a long time, just do not possess the skills or behaviors that Ozzu is looking for to set examples. Some simply do not have enough posts to base our decision on. If you were running a company would you pick your management based on who was there the longest? or would you choose the type of managers that have the skills you are looking for?

I am not sure exactly why this factor is the reason you have not been around on Ozzu much, as I would think it would be irrelevant unless your goal was to become a moderator because you see it as a power trip. I do not promote members to become moderators for "power", but because I see them as a good asset to help keep the board going in the right direction.

Anyway thanks for your understanding, I am a bit suprised you posted this.

BTW, you need to fix your signature. You are not following forum rules. Please read:

http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that you took me the wrong way. I in no way think that i posess the skills to be a MOD. I just have seen people that have been here for a month get promoted to MOD. Do you know them and trust them that well? You are giving power to someone that has been a member on your site for a month... who knows if they will be here in 3 more months let alone not screw anything up. I also dont want the few that this is about to get angry at me, but you have to see my point. I am just trying to look out for a GOOD community and it's people. I know that I (at this present time) DO NOT qualify to be a MOD, so it is not jealousy, hatred, or to have a power trip...... I know of others that deserve to be and have not been mentioned and have been around here a while.

Hope that i do not offened anyone...... This is just 1 idiots point of view.

P.S. Fixed Sig.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your point is taken, but believe me, we feel we are choosing the best candidates and even though there might be other members who would be excellent mods, some turn down the position simply because they are not interested in moderating. We do trust all our moderators as many have made significant contributions here.

Thank you for fixing your sig.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts