help getting one started

• Lgame
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lgame

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a idea for a website, but have no experience in the field whatsoever, and would like some help on getting it started. Can someone help me in the order of steps it would take to get it completed.

any and all help is appreciated.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it really depends on what your idea is. I'm not going to try and take it from you so if you don't want to say anything about it much then you don't have to. :)

However, the more information you give the easier it will be to help you. For the most part what you will need to first figure out is if you are planning on doing it yourselves or if you plan to hire someone. If you'r going to hire someone you will need a designer and a programmer (only a programmer if its required aka if it needs to be interactive in anyway). You wont need any hosting for a while since that is only require once you have everything set up and ready to go, but you can get it any time you want as long as it will work for your project. The specs for your hosting will depends on protect details.
  • Lgame
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lgame

Post 3+ Months Ago

i only have the idea and no experience with the rest whats needed, so i plan on hiring someone for the rest of the work. So the first thing i need to do is hire a designer and programmer? would i need the domain name before that or can it wait until the web design and programming is done?
  • emedia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Getting the domain name at first is better coz if you planned to design a brand logo means it would be helpful. Well plan and be clear with your needs before hire a designer. If you clear with your ideas, then the output from the designer would be perfect.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, i assume you are sitting there with no domain, no host...just nothing? if that is the case then people here can go and help you further. All you have is an idea and nothing else, right?

Don't hire someone to do the early bits, the vast majority of the members here will provide the help you require for free.
  • Lgame
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lgame

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, all i have is the idea, no host or domain..i already kno wat host i wanna use..what do you mean people here can help me..the only thing im worriend about is the design and programming.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, people here can point you in the right direction. If you have any questions or queries (no matter how silly it may seem to ask) then you just need to post in the appropriate forum.

I was a complete novice when i started off here a few years ago and now i've got a good understanding on alot of areas with website design and setup thanks to the many good regular visitors that frequent this site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts