Help!! - What have I done?

• Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Sydney, Ozland.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh dear, I went and did it. I applied for a graphic design / marketing roll a few days ago, I have marketing and graphic/web design experience, but I did something abit silly I think. They are pretty interested in me, but they asked if I had experience with adobe in design and illustrator. I have alot of experience in photoshop, but none in the other 2, but I answered yes, cos I have everything else the want! Maybe a little silly of me, but I need help. I need a crash course in both of these programs, can anyone help me out with some good tutorials or sites where I can learn these, BASICALLY, in a quick amount of time?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

start here
Illustrator
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/designcent ... llustrator
InDesign
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/designcent ... t=InDesign

Scroll down for the tutes.

Good luck. You should have said "no, but I can master them both as quickly as I did Photoshop". That might still be bending the truth a bit, but now you better put up or shut up lol. I hope you have both of those programs to play with. If not, download the trials.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol D ... I guess you'll have to learn those real quick ... I am sure you can do it however, as I am sure the basic concepts/layouts are styled the same in the Adobe product range ...

Good luck to you ...
  • grishamist
  • Student
  • Student
  • grishamist

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want a crash course on that application, try lynda.com. It's a video tutorial and we know it's easy to understand when playing a demonstration than reading dumb tutorials.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

grishamist wrote:
If you want a crash course on that application, try lynda.com. It's a video tutorial and we know it's easy to understand when playing a demonstration than reading dumb tutorials.

Tutorials are not dumb. On the contrary, I have learned PHP via tutorials better that video tutorials.

Calling written tutorials dumb is calling people who don't learn visually dumb...
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might be a prodigy of some sort, but in my experience (teaching Illustrator at a tech-college) becoming proficient at Illustrator can take a looooong time for most. I think I had been using it for at least 2 years before I was proficient. That was back in the mid-90's, though.

I have no idea about InDesign.

Gool luck!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll echo that about Illustrator. Took me a year before I considered myself past beginner level and after another year maybe at best intermediate (and I consider myself better than average at photoshop). Of course I don't use it everyday, but Illustrator can be pretty frustrating.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts