help with forum

• tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know exactly where to post this so i did it here.

i just made my forum http://weaponsofusmilitary.freeforums.org but have no idea how to run it, promote it, or anything about it.

can you please help me and tell me what i need to do to make it successful and how to run it?
thanks
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Quality content -- content is King. Promote it through all search engines, follow Google rules.

Meta tags in the header, if your forum is called for example, tennisaceflink then try to name your title 'tennisaceflink'. Where ever in forums you search and register add your forum as a link..curiosity...

We have a Google forum here so take a look in there.

As for how to run depends soley on you and your Moderators...Make a post on the forum make it sticky and ask any members what they would like.

:mrgreen:
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you this is my first forum ive ever run so i dont know anything about it lol

how will i get more members?
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wait,

Unless your giving frreebie you need to really push yourself to get content, content thats interesting to people. You won't get potential members knocking down the door to register some will mearly visit for seconds, if its not to their liking they will move on without registering.

Think carefully about your subjects. I just gave up a forum (Dreamweaver) because I don't know enough aabout that subject. I am now concentrating on the love of my life - gardening because I happen to know most of that subject.

Good luck!

EDIT:

Your forum looks ok and you have three members which is more than I have in my garden forum..lmaooooooooooooo Now you bedder tell me how you managed to get those three members..eheheheh
  • tennisaceflink
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tennisaceflink

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol one is my friend lol
i know so much about the military so i think ill do good
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good luck!

Keep pluging away at it, make sure you add new stuff *everyday to keep their interest.

Look in at our Google forums because you will learn much from them. Remember security is important so only people who earn a modship gets to be a moderator, and know the subject. Ask many questions of the gurus here.

You are allowed a line or two of text so put your forum in your sig. They can't all be young bucks here and so could be military minded.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts