Herman Cain

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I came across a video of him on YouTube talking about Libya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW_nDFKAmCo&feature=share

America, don't let this guy be the Republican contender for Presidency next year. This guy does not have a clue.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

He's not been vetted, and he doesn't have handlers and it shows. However, if you honestly think ANY president, Prime Minister or other democratically elected official understands in vast detail every subject they are queried about, you're mistaken. A lot of politicians are simply more polished where generic answers and positions that don't really say anything about the individual are concerned because they have people that tell them, 'say this when asked anything about that'.
Some even rely on teleprompters to provide them the words.

I sort of like the fact he's not a polished politician; it's endearing to know this guy just says what he thinks and doesn't worry about being wrong. When he is, he admits it and moves on. That's so anti-politician it's refreshing.

I am not saying when it comes down to the wire, he's my guy. I think any interview can be taken out of context to support one direction or another.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think electing him as president would be absolutely hilarious, but at the same time it would be a total disaster and we would regret it. Right now none of the candidates from either side seem very enticing to me. When election day comes next year I'll wind up voting for the lesser of two evils.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:
I sort of like the fact he's not a polished politician; it's endearing to know this guy just says what he thinks and doesn't worry about being wrong. When he is, he admits it and moves on. That's so anti-politician it's refreshing.

Politicians need to be more on the ball, if he is serious about being a contender then he needs to get it right from the beginning. It's stuff like this that will come back to haunt him should he eventually become the main Republican contender. I am sure there are many different things about him that i've not seen, but having heard this and what he said it was just cringeworthy.

I know he was trying not to show any level of support for Obama in the interview, however there are ways in which he can spin off that question other than fumbling about like he did. His physical reactions was painful to watch, i just wanted him to say anything that made sense rather than see him squirm and show that level of discomfort to the question. He hasn't been vetted, but any smart person would be able to spin off the question to something else. He did eventually come up with something, but it was a load of crap.

In what way was finding out the intentions and strength of the rebels have anything to do with what the interviewer asked? If anything, he was more of a politician by answering a question with a different reply than expected.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could tell that he was trying to remember what he was told to say when that question came up, I actually think at one point he even said "No, thats not the right line." I'm pretty much convinced that all politicians are mindless soulless robots and that there is no such thing as democracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNMOnS70vB4#t=2m45s
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

People said the same things about Ronald Reagan. While he wa smore adept at managing the media, early in his political career he made similar gaffes. He also changed his position quite a bit over the course of his presidency.

I still say you cannot judge him as a candidate based upon one youtube clip of a slip up on a single topic.

Ask him about fiscal responsibility and his plans on getting the country back on track financially. No double talk, no rhetoric... simple and straightforward answers. Answers from a man who has been there, and done that.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree, although it may seem like i am coming across as quite the opposite.

I had a look at the whole interview and he came across as smarter than this particular footage showed. He is more knowledgeable on domestic politics to that of international politics which is quite refreshing.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is not a bad thing he has suspended his campaign.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts