How did you decide on your handle?

• daniel.g.wood
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • daniel.g.wood
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm, i was sort of born with my handle, including the . 's.
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

gardenstew is the name of a site I run http://www.gardenstew.com
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont know why i picked this name.

I was quite interested to read about ATNO's name. Iv'e often wondered what it means. It had to mean something, its not the type of name that has no meaning.

It was also interesting to read him talking about when he was new to the net. I cant imagin ATNO being new to the net, I thought he was born with his hands on a keyboard.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
I was quite interested to read about ATNO's name. Iv'e often wondered what it means. It had to mean something, its not the type of name that has no meaning.

Thats exactly what I was trying to find out, then I found this topic. Thats 1 mystery solved.
  • Alan Lastufka
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: ChicagoLand, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Alan part comes from a mix of Alex, my first name and Stan, the name of my favorite song from Eminem.

The Lastufka part is a bit more difficult... the Last part comes from Last Name, which is on many of the forms I fill out when I use this alias. The stuf part comes from "The Right Stuff" by New Kids on the Block - cause I can never get that song out of my head - I just dropped the second 'f' to make it look more authentic as a last name. and the ka part was supposed to be 'aka' - but I mistyped...

Actually, its just my name but that seemed too boring to post. ;)
  • Kairisika
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Calgary, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly... It's a nonsense word, There is a rather long story as tho how exactly I come up with it, but it is a carefully guarded secret which no-one has ever been told. Basically though I played around and came up with a nonsense word i thought sounded like a pretty cool net name. The interesting thing though is that it is on paper only. The word is not to be pronounced. I have never told anyone exactly how I envision it, because really, I don't. It is to be merely a writted (typed) word.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

northjersey78

I live in North Jersey, and I was born in 1978. Route 78 is also a major highway around here.
  • j0seph
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: M'boro TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

My name is Joseph, but i thought i would mix it up a bit and switch the 'o' with a '0'
  • Sovi3t
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Sovi3t
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was born a Soviet in moscow. i was also born 1/6 (but not all the way :() leet so a 3 got put in there.
  • ozzyosb100
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm an Ozzy fan and i have used this handle since i started going online when AOL 3.0 was the newest, hottest things out there. I dont know how i got the 100... just something that happened i guess, thats pretty much it.
  • Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I started off as Kai Tron which was a character I designed for my comics because I'm an big artist. I love drawing. So anyway... I use to RP online so I had a yahoo name Kai_Tron which i still have. The character is a represtation of my inner self. And then people I knew had aim so I went there and made name but Kai_Tron which is 100% original was taken. So to keep with my character I added LordKaitron which is my aim name... Because the character is a son of a King and all his servents call him lord. So to make it short I just made it Lord Kai although my other name (Dread Vicious) is a bigger and longer story.
  • Hacker007
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Riverside, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I first got the internet, I joined a message form that was used to get codes for a game device known as "gamshark". The tool is used to "hack" games, and change values to unlock secrets, and get inf. ammo and stuff. Anyway, I chose the name "Hacker" because I liked to hack GS codes, but it was taken there so I threw on "007" as in James Bond 007 :D

From there, I joined more and more communities, but the name "Hacker" turned quite popular, and a lot of people have come to use it. So now just about everywhere but here I use "Soup Nazi" as my nick name. Because thats my favorite episode of my favorite show, seinfeld.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

well my website is fitness4living so i just used that...
  • Psilokan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Psilokan
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Psilo - derived from the psilocybin mushroom, also known as the magic mushroom. Something I used to have a bit of a passion for, however now adays its not something I have much interest in. Also note that the P is silent.

Kan - derived from Shotokan karate. In japanese this means "house of" or "hall of."

Together it should be pronounced like "silicon"

I came up with this back in college when I was walking home from Karate smoking a joint... Oh how i miss those days :)
  • ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ed - a good short name

Womack - another good name and it sounds a little like "wombat" which is a great word, but "Ewombat" didn't seem to work, so I stuck with my own name.

Pretty exciting, hm?!!? :roll:
  • MISC/A++
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UnderGround

Post 3+ Months Ago

MISC/A++

Microsoft Internet Security Certificate -- The 'A++' was my own creation since I got A as a final grade but I wasn’t happy enough so I added ++ and now I feel better.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

But... A++ makes your grade equal to B!
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sam Hughes wrote:

LOL Sam sometimes you say the most profound things!

Mine is from when I started learning all this non-sense. My mentors used to tell me that I was like a bull dog and wouldn't let go until I found an answer to the problems they had set before me.

But no offence to bull dogs they aren't my favourite, so I tried to find something a bit more along the lines of my favourite dog which is as you all know by now a Stafforshire Terrier. It also best described my personality as I am extremely passionate about everything that I do or attempt to do.

Dictionary
Quote:
Main Entry: ra·bid
Pronunciation: 'ra-b&d also 'rA-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin rabidus mad, from rabere
1 a : extremely violent : FURIOUS b : going to extreme lengths in expressing or pursuing a feeling, interest, or opinion
2 : affected with rabies

and I sometimes wonder about the "affected with rabies" part
  • MISC/A++
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UnderGround

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sam Hughes wrote:

Depending how you translate it. :evil:
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

MISC/A++ wrote:
Sam Hughes wrote:

Depending how you translate it. :evil:

Well musically it would be A# unless of course it is a whole step which would then be B
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

mine is pretty self explanatory..Website = Handle...2+2 = 4
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh, mine was Poly Want a Cracker. But ozzu wouldnt let me use something that long, so i shortened it to Poly. Been using it on everything since. Thanks ozzu :twisted: :P
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, shouldn't that be Polly with 2 l's?
  • Steen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine is simple yet affective.
It's my *real* first name.
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Loc: South East England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my name came form when i was registering for a new account on Battlefield 2. Ive used the name Raven for porbably about 5 years now in differnet clans, such as * KING * RAVEN, [ESF]Raven or [DH]Raven. So i wanted the name Raven. Seeing as i wasnt in a clan anymore i didnt have to have a tag. So i typed in Raven, that was taken. So i decided to add something in front but with an underscore because spaces werent allowed. I wanted to sound ominous :) so i decided to go for Dark_Raven but that was taken, so i tired Shadow_Raven, taken, Grey_Raven, taken. I was infuriated. I even tried Toast_Raven but that was taken!! It then came upon me that toast that is black is burnt!! So i typed in Burnt_Raven and it worked!! Ive only had the name for a week but i love it and Burnt Raven Designs is the name of my Web Design Company.
  • reaper
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got my handle from a movie that i have seen, so not much meaning or thought is behind this creation, it whas just i had to register with a name, so this came to mind and registered with it :lol:
  • jazz77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was thinking of a name that i can truly relate to like music and so i thought of JAZZ. i added 77, my birth year :)
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Steen wrote:
Mine is simple yet affective.
It's my *real* first name.

Same goes with mine :)
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

This has been my alias for years, about 8 or so.
I want to keep it, I am known, google "blink182av"

2 pages of me!
  • missy
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: london

Post 3+ Months Ago

Missy is my stripper name. I chose it for that because it's a cutsie abbreviation of Mistress.
Simple enough!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 166 posts