How did you decide on your handle?

• Tredlyn
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: University of Pittsburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

i used to play a lot of rts games (starcraft broodwar, wc3) and i hated trying to find out people stats when they had long names with a ton of numbers or @]}> <-- whatever those are called in their name, so i decided to make up a name that would be easy to type in. Came up with tredlyn years ago and have been using it ever since. I have yet to see it duplicated so i think it may actually be truly original. so ya thats just about it, nothing symbolic or anything about it
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Janrocks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: between

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not much thought..just a variation of my email addy, but I love it..Even my computer is called the same 8)
  • 5N4K3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I pretty much have always thought that snakes were cool.
I don't own a snake or have extensive knowledge in them ether. It's just my handle really.
I got my first computer in 1997 and didn't know much about them ether. But I was facinated and got right into learning various code. Also I think that Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid had something to do with it. But for some reason I have always related "snake" with code. Kind of makes me think of the behind the scenes, undercover, yet also underground freelance types that are hired for thier technical abilitys.
When I first started gaming online I started with $|\|@|<3. First learning about the 1337 launguage was really cool to me, but that wore off quickly after it seemed like everyone that used it ether didn't use it in moderation or were just complete idiots to begin with.
So I went with 5N4K3 which i have been much happier with.
The name has had a few other evolutionary changes since the begining also. But I do recieve emails from time to time from people saying "Hey you stole MY name!!"
  • NuAngel
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Erie, PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Title says it all. If you go by a screen name or a nickname, where'd it come from?

I had a few growing up, a coule I messed around with, sold on yahoo auctions with, etc... but this "NuAngel" one has stuck for about 8 years now.

How'd I get it? Well, I had a crap/NO real nick name for a long time, but I loved computers. So much so that when a small online hacker's guild was sort of... holding "try-outs" - I went on and made a name for myself (so to speak). These were some 'good guys' - scanning ISP IP ranges and going through exploits and trojans, and sort of "locking the door behind us" as we exited systems - trying to make it so that others couldn't get into these systems and cause harm.

Anyways, during my "try out" period, they had brought their decision down to myself and another dude called "Angel." They set us up with a... contest, so to speak. Long story short I won, but didn't have a good name (Silver-Stinger or something was what I was using at the time). Somone recommended I just be the "New Angel" - and I thought "no, I'll be... NuAngel!"

I love sharing my story 'cuz it's kinda unique (and no, not a work of fiction {though it is "story-told" like one because I'm majoring in writing}. I can still put you in touch with people I "hacked and secured" back then, if you'd like!) and a little off the wall. :) But other stories are always good to hear. So where'd yours come from?

NuAngel
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got mine from Binky.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some say my smile resembles the Grinch's smile.
Some say my heart is two sizes too small.
Some say I am just plain grinchy.

The 2171 part comes from my Marine Corps days. 2171 was my military occupational specialty. It means I was an Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairman.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Already been done :wink: http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic1959.html

Perhaps a mod could merge these?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, I feel like I'm playing Nintendo & someone just kicked the reset button when they walked by.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had thought so but couldn't find it. Good catch ulstermonkey.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Wow, I feel like I'm playing Nintendo & someone just kicked the reset button when they walked by.

hahaha u are too much lmao

my name came from when i remembered tom cruise saying that psychology was a pseudo science....
and i liked the prefix pseudo and also suffix fy.
unfortunatly i spellt my name wrong
o wellwerz
  • NuAngel
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Erie, PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

D'OH!

sorry guys. :(

Thanks for the heads up, ulstermonkey.

Nu
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

My name is Gita. It's just four letters, but it gets mispronounced constantly. Some of my friends call me "G," so to spare others the embarrassment of trying "Guy-da" or "Jeeta," now I just say "Hi, I'm Gita, you can just call me G." =]

.g
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

cerebro- or cerebr-
pref.
Brain; cerebrum: cerebroside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From cerebrum.]

...My buddy and I were under the influence when we came up with my name. It's my DJ name I use. It works, I even use that mouse from Pinky & the Brain as my Mascott. He rocks :D
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: magave desert

Post 3+ Months Ago

location location location location.
  • recep
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • recep
  • Loc: www.loanus.info

Post 3+ Months Ago