How did you decide on your handle?

• SKATER
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to ice skate (both hockey and figure). I have always liked the term. I prefer to use <SKATER] and \SKATER/. kinda looks like a figure skate blade and a hockey skate blade, respectively
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine came from my group I run on the internet. It is experiencing a new host so the server isn’t up right now but maybe about 3 weeks. It is a forum running phpBB v2.08 with a modified theme I am just waiting for the guy to get MySQL Setup then ill be all set, ill post the web address when the server is up online.
  • Talos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well my name was something I actually came up with when I first started playing around on the internet. I used to go into a virtual chat program called Excite VP. I used a few other names that never fit me just right. I searched a long time through names and finally came up with this one from greek mythology.

Talos
Talos was a bronze giant made by Hephaestos. His duty was to protect Europa who gave birth to Minos after being seduced by Zeus. He threw boulders to frighten strangers who approached the island of Crete. He was killed when Medea removed the pin that held the life force in his body.

I have used this name for just about everything from that day on. I even created 2 characters in everquest using this name back in my addiction days. but thats how it came about.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just **Suzie** no mystery..no meaning behind the name, i like to have different names for differnt discussion boards, but i was advised against this from a friend, now just use one..not this one though.

And atno, thanks, i have wondered since day one what those letters meant lolol

Suzie
:)
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to run a paint shop pro group called Mystical Wildfire...I got loads of help questions and were able to have answer within 20mins max....one of my members started calling me Miss_Bee whenever he needed help as a joke and it kinda just stuck everywhere I went :shock:
  • Zombie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got mine coz my ex said I was brain dead when in front of the

computer hence the nickname Zombie :D . And why she is my Ex LMAO.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, mine has nothing special, I took it from my name Luis Abrego and I'm kind of stuck in it, I think if I took another I will forget it :lol:

My friends always call me Larz (like Metallica's drummer) (I was a drummer in my youth) and that's why I always sign like that.
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

When i was little i used to mumble sometimes...Then when ever my mum didnt no what i was saying she'd say "whose wee dug?" cos she had no idea what i was on about. (I have a strange family) Then when i got the internet i wanted a unique name that could sound slightly scottish, whos_wee_dug, fits great :P

whos_wee_dug?
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My screen name kinda came about funny. When StarCraft first came out, I had the sn Reifleman. After that, I went on vacation for about three weeks. When I got back, I had gone over to my friends house, and we were playing SC on his comp. When I tried to log into it with my old sn, I couldnt remmember the correct password. My friend just happened to have a sn, Smokenjoe, that he used to start fights with people when he was bored on B.net(he was wierd). He let me use that one. After a while, the name just kinda stuck, so I changed the password so that he couldnt log on with it anymore. Ive used it ever since! Its funny because my name isnt Joe, and I dont smoke. :lol:
  • JnsBedORoses
  • Loc: Powhatan, VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got my name cuz of my girlfriend. Her initials are J.N. (Jerica Nonell) and she took this little mini quiz thing off of her friend Deadjournal and it said she deserved a bed of roses and it was just a coincident (Sp?) that my name is Rose as well so all of our friends refer to me as her bed of roses hence the name JNsBedORoses. :lol:
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very cool Rose! :)
  • JnsBedORoses
  • Loc: Powhatan, VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: Ya...i just made it my screen name for AOL one day and IMed her and she almost died laughing. So i have had it ever since.
  • zudo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • zudo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I forgot how I came up with mine, but I use it everywhere, I think it looks cool when written, anywho I have been informed that it means sweat in some language (forgot which)
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I used to have names like PixxieTini and Martini (nicknams given by my best friend). Later on I started using xHolyDarkness as my handle for everything... Holy Darkness is a song that we do in my church (I'm in the choir) and I'm in love with that song...

For this forum the reason for Liquescence was pathetic... I wanted something cool to name my web hosting, so I spent a day going through the dictionary picking out random words... and I ended up with this...
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i used hotraj when i first started out but then that was bad for business so a figured adrenalinepcs would be cool so I've used that on almost everything. i also used devilzown as my starcraft name because i was so great full for windows xp :D I've just started using this handle on all the webmaster sites to help promote my hosting site.
  • David
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • David

Post 3+ Months Ago

My father is German and my nut/mother is Australia. I was born in Australia.

Musik says :P
I used Babel fish.
  • PrISM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PrISM
  • Loc: McConnell AFB, Kansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

One day back in high school physics class we were talking about prisms. For some reason when I needed a new handle, I chose that because it sounded cool and I don't remember seeing a lot of people use it. The "PrISM" just looks better than "prism" or "Prism" in my opinion.
  • SinisterDexter

Post 3+ Months Ago

"SinisterDexter" has been with me for almost five years now, and gone through many, many, MANY minor changes, but I eventually just reverted to this. As for it's origin, one of my friends found out that "Sinister" meant left, and "Dexter" meant right[or is it the other way around?], and when you have left and right you have balance, and I'm fairly "unbalanced", so..........I didn't come up with it, so don't look at me like that! But it stuck, so I kept it.
  • bkummer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Butler, Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, as you can see it's very easy to figure out my handle for this forum!
first initial and last name.

My handle for everything else is GR84Deaths.

I am a gamer at heart! UT, doom, Quake, & AA. Mainly 1st Person Shooters. My friends always told me i am great at classic deaths. So, I made GR84Deaths.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nickname from bicycle-racing... apparently my style of riding mirrors that of Mario Cipollini (a.k.a. The Lion King). He won (over the years) tons of stages at the Tour de France in sprints, and for each stage win the winning rider gets a toy Lion wearing a yellow jersey... amongst other things like a bouquet flowers and being pictured with half-n@ked French ladies.

Gee... I'm glad they didn't call me Bouquet !
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

i actually have like 6 handles.
For here twms is the name of my school and pro is for me being basically only one who can fix computers at school besides of course the IT department which i now belong to connected from a x-teacher of mine

atidude2010:ati my video card, dude cause everyone things im an idiot, and 2010 my grad year.

hpman91 (oolllldddd):hp harry potter, man dont know, 91 my birth year.

kokocadmin:kokoc kings of kings of chaos, admin for what it says.

souerscars(my first screen name!):souers my last name, cars because my dad and i love cars.

twmsdude:twms school,dude cause everyone thinks in stupid.

That's it!
  • jupiter
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: is my favourite word after subterfuge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jupiter

Just Undone Pleasantries In The Echo Room.

The Echo room was where they would send feisty kids at school so they could shout as loud as they wanted. A frequent hang out of mine :evil:
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL jupiter

I know a kid that would know every freakin' measurement in that room.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat is the first 2 letters from the first word, and the first 3 letters from the second word, of the company Iam planning on opening by the end of this year. :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

jupiter wrote:
The Echo room was where they would send feisty kids at school so they could shout as loud as they wanted. A frequent hang out of mine :evil:

I went to a school that had 6-9th grade, there was one 9th grade class with about a dozen kids in it, one period a day that class was split up & each student was assigned as a teachers assistant. 8th grade year I was in "the room" so often they had no problem with making me the teachers assistant there for 9th grade. :oops:

Now that I think back on that I can't believe I actually recieved Highschool credit for being in "the room" :lol:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

whos_wee_dug wrote:
When i was little i used to mumble sometimes...Then when ever my mum didnt no what i was saying she'd say "whose wee dug?" cos she had no idea what i was on about. (I have a strange family) Then when i got the internet i wanted a unique name that could sound slightly scottish, whos_wee_dug, fits great :P

whos_wee_dug?

:lol: oh thats classic. your family sound like mine!! :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

David wrote:
My father is German and my nut/mother is Australia. I was born in Australia.

Musik says :P
I used Babel fish.

:lol: @ Babelfish

Its true, my mum is a nut too!! :lol:
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="musik]
Quote:

Its true, my mum is a nut too!! :lol:

Hehe!! My mum is also a nutter!![/quote]
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe, yeah who wants a normal family anyways :P
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

This213: I used to refer to myself as "This" all the time, refering to my physical self in the OOP style of $this (which is why I usually sign "This" if I sign a post at all). The meaning behind that is that I believe I'm much more than just "This" and this is nothing more than just "This". The 213 is to show that "This" isn't quite in the right order and still has to run through a sort or two.

YZIX: I used to use yzxix as a sn long ago. I was dumping the sn I had used since either before or just after AOL was internet-capable, (semitekie) because I figured I was full-on tekie, but I couldn't think of a decent replacement. yzxix was more what I was thinking when I gave up on the search than an actual name - like a sudden burst of electricity. YZIX came about because it's actually pronouncable (somewhat), and the domain name was available (and only 4 letters long)

I think that about sums up This

This
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 166 posts