How far would you drive for a Big Mac?

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you live between Meadow and Glad Valley South Dakota, congratulations! You officially live the farthest from a McDonald's in the U.S. (not counting Alaska or Hawaii). Affectionately know as the McFarthest point in the US.

Quote:
The calculation was done by artist and technologist Stephen Von Worley, who mapped the 13,000 McDonald's in the lower 48 states. Alaska and Hawaii were excluded.
From the "McFarthest Spot" the distance to the nearest McDonald's is 107 miles as the crow flies and 145 miles by car.

The story...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gotta go about 65 miles from my town to Sandpoint ID. But McDonalds gives me diarrhea so I don't go there.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
I gotta go about 65 miles from my town to Sandpoint ID. But McDonalds gives me diarrhea so I don't go there.

I don't know if your digestion issues were needed... blah!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't drive three feet for a big mac.

Is that better?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

kc0tma wrote:
I wouldn't drive three feet for a big mac.

Is that better?

Same here. My philosophy is; If it's got a drive-thru, drive by. :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oooh! Thats good dM, I'm gonna use that one some time.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

We've got a serious "anti-fastfood" croud here. Don't worry, I'll pick up the slack for the lot of you :P
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wendy's and Jack in the Box and a few others are ok, its just some of them do a number on my insides. Plus there really isn't any fast food within about 65 miles or so of where I live so I don't eat it often by default.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

jflynn wrote:
We've got a serious "anti-fastfood" croud here. Don't worry, I'll pick up the slack for the lot of you :P

I wouldn't say I'm "anti" anything. I'm definitely not preaching. Too each their own.

I choose not to eat those kind of things. They just don't make me feel fed/good/nourished - kind of like cheap ramen noodles. I have a similar problem with Olive Garden. I know, I know, lots of people love the place and that's great for them. But, every single time I've ever eaten there I end up regretting it, digestively. I guess I'm just OG intolerant. :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Olive garden is good and everything, but I don't understand why people are so gaa-gaa over it. They have a simple menu, just a few different shapes of noodles and different flavors of sauce.

I have noticed that since I moved out into the boonies and I have had a lot less fast food that I feel better. I haven't lost any weight, but it seems like I don't get worn out as quickly.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to really enjoy Olive Garden until I started cooking my own Italian. I still love their Pasta Fagioli Soup but that's about the only thing I order from there anymore. Actually for an Italian chain I prefer Johnny Carinos or Macaroni Grill or even Spaghetti Warehouse.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
...I started cooking my own Italian.

I make a batch of my own tomato sauce at least once a week, sometimes twice. :thumbsup:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aside from tomato sauce, I want to start working on things like chicken and veal marsala, and a few more exotic dishes. I made spaghetti last night, but for sauce, and made a plain old jar of Ragu actually taste like real sauce
:lol:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Olive garden is good and everything, but I don't understand why people are so gaa-gaa over it. They have a simple menu, just a few different shapes of noodles and different flavors of sauce.

Atmosphere. People will get confused occasionally and say it's the food, but it's really the atmosphere. I still remember specific times eating there when I was a really little kid. I remember the layout of the place, the tables, the bar, the staff. It's an atmosphere that sticks with you.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

My wife has made chicken marsala a couple times. It took a time or two before she got it figured out, now she can make it pretty well.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mmmm. I love Marsalas. They're actually fairly easy to make. It's really about the technique. Once you've mastered that style of cooking (Italian/French saute + pan sauce) you can make all kinds of different dishes with tons of different ingredients and flavors.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts