How much sleep do you get?

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Had a funny day yesterday too. My last message in this thread was at 11:30pm and i was due to work at 6am the next morn, true to my word i was up at 4-4:30am to get ready. Finished work at about 3pm and headed home and did a few things.

Around 6 i was shattered and had a 3 hour sleep. From that moment on i could have spent the next 15 hours awake and had no problem. I was struggling to sleep at around 4am this morning because i was pretty awake.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

This whole polyphasic sleep thing or what ever it is called really could work, it is just a matter of getting use to it. Its just like daylight savings time here in the US. We go to bed at regular time the first night, then the time change happens, and we have to get up an hour earlier than our body is use to so we loose an hour of sleep. Then that evening we go to bed an hour earlier, and so on. Everything is shifted a little bit but eventually our internal clocks get use to it. Adjusting from 10 hours of sleep to 8 hours ought to be the same thing too, or from 8 hours to 6 hours with a half hour nap.
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't sleep early and i have to wait up early in the morning. So around 5-6 i have sleep in a day. But Saturday and Sunday a bit longer than Monday to Friday
  • huynhvietkhanh
  • huynhvietkhanh
  • Loc: HCMC, Vietnam

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that it is not good for us to have a long time or a sort time to sleep. I normally sleep 8 hours per day. Certaily I have to take a nap about 1 hours if I dont want to doze of when working.
  • maheshvarma
  • maheshvarma

Post 3+ Months Ago

more than 8 - 10 hrs

i would prefer to sleep more when i was disturbed to get out of it

more over i will sleep even when i was happy ,

i wake up only after 8 in the morning , i don't want to give up my sleep as can as i

thanks to sleeping which make man healthy and also lazy
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm, my post history is a testament to the fact that I am up till about 4 - 5am. I generally wake up about 6 or 7am and go to work. When I get home I do my graphic design stuff until morning. Not having a ton of sleep has been part of my daily existence since I can remember; I generally have a "crash day" about once every 2 months where I sleep damn near 15 hours straight.

Anyway, I suppose I might give this a try, taking 2 or 3 really short naps throughout the day, might save me an hour per day.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I slept a lot last night, but I was beat. I mowed my lawn for the first time...with a push mower...it took me just short of 5 hours.

Ouch...so much garden. Its a wonder it did'nt kill you outright...hahahaahha

Try to spin it out. Example, Mow the lawn when its fine on one day:

Prune (not cut down) trees on another day. No wonder you were sore and could be in for arthritis later in life if you carry on like that.

Gardening is supposed to be an enjoyment not a pain.

Reeeeelax.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

That yard is huge, its probably 100 feet wide and 250 feet long. The reason it took so much time was because the grass was really tall and there's lots of gopher mounds and pot holes and trees to navigate through. I was gonna do it again yesterday, but we decided to do absolutely nothing with our holiday so we sat around in our underwear and watched tv. All. Day. Long. It was good.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

How much sleep do I get?? Not enough! *lol

I get up at 5 A.M. from Monday to Friday and I go to bed until 12, so that's roughly 5 hours of sleep daily on my normal week.

I sleep more on Saturdays and on Sundays I get up a 7 to attend Mass in our Church. This is the only day in the week that I can go to sleep early....at 10 P.M., if you can call that early.

I feel wonderfully recovered on Mondays but utterly tired on Thursdays and Fridays *lol
  • jaykeblx007
  • Born
  • Born
  • jaykeblx007
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY 11214

Post 3+ Months Ago

i need at least 6-7 hrs of sleep to function well

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 40 posts