how to prevent "Edit with Microsoft Frontpage"

• carphone
  • carphone

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have succsefully added certain scripts to my site to prevent people easily taking my content.

But these scripts are be side stepped by using the File -> Edit with Microsoft Frontpage facility in IE when visitors are viewing my site.

I have seen some sites manage to remove this from the file menu, how can i do this or is there any other methods i should consider.

any advice would be most appreciated.

kind regards

Dan
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually, I've got to admit something here. I've been losely following the threads concerning protecting web content and my interests have been piqued more by whatever it is you're trying to protect.

Are you doing something that is extremely proprietary? I can't imagine that you're going to so much trouble to protect HTML, CSS or Javascript.

Can you give me a hint without divulging any crucial info?

I'm asking only to satisfy my own curiosity, so if you want to tell me to "step off", I'll understand.
  • ClericVash
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

well thing is people work hard on there sites and are proud if it, then you get some prick comming along stealing your layout, graphics, content ect

Personally i would like it if browsers took out view source and edit and get s decent script to prevent screen shots.
  • carphone
  • carphone

Post 3+ Months Ago

my site is perfectly legal, the way i attract visitors to my site is writing tutorials for mobile phone unlocking.

The GSM community is full of folk that steal other peoples hard work be it software or in my case text based tutorials. What is the point of me spending many hours on a tutorial to find it on a rival site weeks later with no credit or link to the author.

The people that steal my content are amateur web designers (like me) and if it takes them more than 2 minutes to copy it they will look else where.

So although i am aware it is impossible to protect the content entirely I am just looking to make it more difficult.

feel free to check out the content of my site:
http://www.unlockme.co.uk

regards

Dan
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool, I was just wondering.
:)

Post Information