How to Use Fear to Your Advantage

• markdoyle
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • markdoyle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Last week I had coffee with a friend of mine. She asked me what I was up to and I told her that I was still running my marketing agency, working on launching a software startup and planning a trip around Europe.

She said, “I admire how fearless you are.” I started laughing and told her that I actually feel fear every day.

I do so many new, untested, scary things. But do you know what really scares the hell out of me? The thought of one day laying on my deathbed regretting not having lived my life to its fullest. The thought of not having enough time left to change that. The thought of spending my whole life doing something I hate just because “it’s safe”. What’s safe these days anyway?

Those fears are so big and powerful that make smaller fears (like starting a new business) look not so risky at all. You can use fear to your advantage.

I realize that most people are extremely risk-averse and what I’m saying won’t make any difference. They’re so afraid of losing that they don’t even play the game. But I also know that there’s a small percentage of people who need to hear this to take control of their lives. I hope you’re one of them.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very inspirational first post markdoyle.

It's true that alot of the people that do get on in life tend to take more risks. Alot of people are afraid to go beyond their comfort zone, and these people will more often than not live a comfortable life. I am actually one of those people, however i also enjoy going outwith my comfort zone as the best in me then comes out.

When i think about some of the situations i've been through in the past and how at the time they were big challenges to then come through them better off i really cannot believe what i am capable of.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can someone explain to me why people do this?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zeke Camusio, aka markdoyle (the thread starter), has his profile link goes to his website which has the same identical post. So my only guess is he thinks he is spamming/advertising his website (that unknown to him nobody will see anyway due to the way Ozzu is setup). He is wasting his time at Ozzu as 99% of Ozzu users will not see that link and thus he will get zero SEO benefits and almost zero traffic from Ozzu.

The second reason he is wasting his time is the content of his thread is identical to his post on his blog, but he has way more responses here which will likely make Google think this was the original post and thus discount his post as duplicate content. So in all likelihood, I feel its a lose-lose situation for him.

If the OP even comes back and reads this (highly doubtful), why not put your time into something much more productive. It is sad because we could actually give you better advice on ways you can actually achieve what you are trying to do then your pathetic method at marketing.

So for anybody looking up Zeke Camusio, it is very likely he is a shady businessman with questionable tactics who likes to spam as he did here on Ozzu, and I would encourage you to research further before taking any of his advice or doing any sort of business with him whatsoever. I am not sure about you, but I wouldn't trust someone who is one of those annoying spammers out there. I would be fearful.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Zeke Camusio, aka markdoyle (the thread starter), has his profile link goes to his website which has the same identical post. So my only guess is he thinks he is spamming/advertising his website (that unknown to him nobody will see anyway due to the way Ozzu is setup). He is wasting his time at Ozzu as 99% of Ozzu users will not see that link and thus he will get zero SEO benefits and almost zero traffic from Ozzu.

The second reason he is wasting his time is the content of his thread is identical to his post on his blog, but he has way more responses here which will likely make Google think this was the original post and thus discount his post as duplicate content. So in all likelihood, I feel its a lose-lose situation for him.

If the OP even comes back and reads this (highly doubtful), why not put your time into something much more productive. It is sad because we could actually give you better advice on ways you can actually achieve what you are trying to do then your pathetic method at marketing.

So for anybody looking up Zeke Camusio, it is very likely he is a shady businessman with questionable tactics who likes to spam as he did here on Ozzu, and I would encourage you to research further before taking any of his advice or doing any sort of business with him whatsoever. I am not sure about you, but I wouldn't trust someone who is one of those annoying spammers out there. I would be fearful.

Like button.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

people who fear life just cant help but misout on life. i wish i could go do all the things people fear. i understand no one wants to go to try and overcome things they fear as they are comfortable with there lifes as is.
that said it is ok to be in your safe place doing the same thing each day, but for some it just does not work.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Am I the only one who thought of Pablo Escobar type characters when they read the thread title?
  • Beijing-oK
  • Born
  • Born
  • Beijing-oK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think be a human,who can enjoy a safe, free and at leisure life is enough!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts