Hundred Push Up Challenge

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hundred Push Ups is a strength program designed to help you compelte 100 consecutive push ups. The site was launched this June and has grown quite a bit. I'm starting the program today with my inition test and then will start Monday doing the first week.

Anyone else want to join with me?

Quote:
If you're serious about increasing your strength, follow this six week training program and you'll soon be on your way to completing 100 consecutive push ups!

Think there's no way you could do this? I think you can! All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline and about 30 minutes a week to achive this goal!

http://hundredpushups.com/
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

You talked me into it, I guess I'll see if I can pull it off too.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've done 110 consecutive push-ups... but that's when I went to the GYM regularly... now I do 75 push-ups.

But I'll try that program and try to reach 120
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow bogey that's amazing.

I'll join ... Seeing that summer is coming up, and I've been looking for something similar to this ... thanks SpooF ... I will begin this evening, and see where I fit into this test ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Summer is coming up? Well... maybe in South Africa, but Summer here is near it's end... giving's it's throne to Autumn.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

And not a moment too soon either! 100 degrees with 70% humidity is driving me mad.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I might as well give it a try. lol I haven't excercised since I got out of the Army 4 years ago. lol
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Summer is coming up? Well... maybe in South Africa, but Summer here is near it's end... giving's it's throne to Autumn.

That's right, spring is the first of September Every month with an "R" in it is a summer month here in SA ...
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I kinda like this idea. I think I'll give it a try. I can only do just above 30 consecutive. I thought that was pretty good until I saw bogey's 75 lol.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think chin up is much harder. Really, just reading this thread greatly reinforces my commitment on chin-up *surpass my current limit. I was thinking about this own thing, a full week ago after found that I have been losing fit.

*surpass current limit, I'm shy to declare because I'm a not a strong person to those.

Quote:
My current push-up is 10 quite easily.

I think there's a lot we need to be aware, like doing it slower, will enhance the muscle-build up. Normally, I try to do it slowly and not fully strenghtened when you're in your release position, because you will be using your elbows to stand it.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have forgotten how strenuous push-ups are, I used to do them a lot when I still did karate, and tennis even, and I could've easily done about 50 or more, just now, I managed eleven and I realize that this is very necessary ...

The way I do it, is so that my nose touches the ground with each push-up, that way I feel I'm getting the best possible workout ...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might want to be careful you don't hyper extend anything doing those nose-to-ground push ups, that seems like it might not be a good idea.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I won't take it too far ... I promise ...
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find the best way to make sure your doing it correctly is to put a yard stick or a meter stick on your back accost your shoulder blades. Then go down till it touches your arms. Basically a straight line between both elbows.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
I find the best way to make sure your doing it correctly is to put a yard stick or a meter stick on your back accost your shoulder blades. Then go down till it touches your arms. Basically a straight line between both elbows.

Hey that's a really cool idea ....
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm no fitness expert, but isn't training only one part of your body generally a bad idea? Isn't it better to train all parts of the body over a longer period of time?
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I'm no fitness expert, but isn't training only one part of your body generally a bad idea? Isn't it better to train all parts of the body over a longer period of time?

NO

lol

Pushups help your arms, chest, stomach, back...... not just one thing.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about doing circuit training? Like go to the local high school running track, run a lap at full speed, then do some push ups, run another lap, then crunches, and so on.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts