• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use to live in Indiana, Pa. Still have family that lives there and I go back ever once in awhile to visit them. Now I have to call and check up on my mom now :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
But they never seem to amaze me.

Really? I love that stuff and anything like that amazes me. I love storms, and I love earthquakes, as long as nobody gets hurt. Why do they not amaze you? are you like pshhh, that is nothing :rofl:
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best Thunderstorms I've seen were in Tucson Az during the summer thunderstorms. Lightining that races across the sky, very awsome from MT. Lemon :lol:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

We do not get many thunderstorms here, but I do love them we we get them. My all time favorite thunderstorm that I remember was when I woke up one morning for my flight lesson and took off heading to Olympia to practice some holds. By the time we were heading back a huge storm grew and it was the most awesome site I have ever seen, probably even better because I was up 5000 feet in the air getting a full view of it. Whenever lightning would flash our ADF (a flight instrument) would point towards the lightning so we would know exactly where it was.

I have flown through a few small thunderstorms too, and it is very turbulent, kind of fun :)

The one other spectacular sight I remember seen was that same year when we took off and we were above a low cloud deck. So we could not see any ground beneath us, but we could see all the mountains because they were above the low cloud deck. But there was also a huge thunderstorm off by Mt Rainier that was very very huge, and on the other side of the sky it was completely blue sky, which made the cloud look even darker, and meaner. Anyway it is hard to describe, but I wish I had a camera because it was awesome the way everything was setup and would have made a good photograph.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's cool, the freakest weather I saw in Tucson was when it snowed in January down there, I was amazed that it was snowing that far south. Of course the snow evaporiated as soon as it hit the ground but the flakes were the size of dimes and nickels. But I do miss the snow of Pennsylvania, it was always so much fun even as an adult to go and throw snowballs at people, espcially if they weren't use to thorwing snowballs. My girlfriend at the time, was up visiting me from Alabama and that was the most snow she has seen in her life, but it was just a regular Pa snow about 6 to 8 inches. So we were out having a snowball fight and she was getting so mad at me for running and picking up snow at the sametime as running. Then making the snowballs on the run and also throwing them at her still on the run. While she had to stop pick the snow up make it into a ball and then throw it and then start running. Not as good a time as I was having :D
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is pretty cool. I like snow too, but after awhile I just want summer to come back. Skiing is pretty fun, but kind of expensive.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

After spending the last six years mostly in the desert of the south west (arizona, california) I'm ready for all four seasons, not just the alittle cold, warm, hotter than hell, and back thru the cycle. It seems that summer here in the desert just takes a break for three months or so.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

The summer here in the Seattle area takes a break for about 9 months or so. I really miss the sun, and it has started getting grey and rainy again here, so it looks like summer is over. I am already depressed and cannot wait until next June. The thing that is kind of boring about our rain is it rains for like 24/7 and it is very very light. Enough to keep everything pretty wet and enough so you cannot really do anything outside. I would rather have a huge thunderstorm drop all the rain in about 30 min, then it turn sunny again :)
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: sounds good to me. The bad thing about where I'm living now is it gets flash floods. They have really poor drainage in the desert.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Flash floods would be cool, until things got damaged. I like all that kind of excitement :)

Like the hurricane that is going on, I think it would be fun to go through that again as long as nothing seriously bad happens, or something expensive gets damaged. When I was small we used to get pretty good wind storms in the Fall and our power would go out usually like 3-5 times a year for a few days. I always enjoyed those days as we would have to cook on the firestove and have candles and laterns and stuff. Outside you could hear the trees moving around and all the wind. I really enjoyed it!

Nowadays it doesn't seem to happen as much, plus we have a generator if it does go out. Secondly I didn't have anything like the Internet back then so I wasn't depending on the power as much. If it went out now I wouldn't be able to go online, so there is more at stake now! (Well I could possibly go online after generator is on, but usually our cable goes out if power goes out which means still no internet).
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

as long as my T-1 stays up :D and the power for the two wireless relay shots stay up, oh and the wireless ap I'm hanging off of stays up my laptop has a battery :lol:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

As long as none of that goes down, you love it too huh? Haha, gotta love technology and how much we depend on it.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

except for the part that has kept me up all night rebuilding my password file for my email server. One of these times I will learn to backup my password file :roll:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Really? I love that stuff and anything like that amazes me. I love storms, and I love earthquakes, as long as nobody gets hurt. Why do they not amaze you? are you like pshhh, that is nothing :rofl:

I was typing so fast and didn't read back...

I meant to say, they never cease to amaze me! :rofl: hehe sorry, oops! :oops: :P

right after i posted this thread, my power went out and crazy winds
whipped thourgh here. thought my house was gonna blow away! all
the furniture on my deck was turned over, and my daughter's slide was
across the way in the neighbor's yard. so whacky

we got our power back at 12p, so that was almost 12 hrs without it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like you had a blast!
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

A huge branch fell down in our back yard. That was the extent of it for us, besides a lot of leaves everywhere.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing big here either. there are several trees down around here tho.
big ones too...

I just notied today too, that part of our gutter system from the roof is
down. Gonna have to get up there and fix it. Although it's about 22' up. :shock:
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh 22' ain't nothing, try standing on the edge of a building that is 80' and fix an antenna :D

beside the national statics say most people who fall and die usually just trip on something on the floor. :D Enjoy
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ModernDestroyer wrote:
ahh 22' ain't nothing, try standing on the edge of a building that is 80' and fix an antenna :D

beside the national statics say most people who fall and die usually just trip on something on the floor. :D Enjoy

thx for the comforting words! :shock: :P
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I was meaning usually people who don't go up on ladders allot will tend be more careful then usual when up on a ladder. But walking around the house, that is something you don't even think about. Falling out of bed and dieing is also up there on the list of falls. Come to think of it so is dieing on the toilet. I know you don't think about that one to often. That is how the King left this world, and allot of the elderly. Has something to do with the nervous system and having a main nerve running near your backside. But that is enough out of me on the multitude of ways to die in your own home, sleep tight. :D

oh, so if your over 60 becareful around the toilet :D
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

^^^^^^^^^
death-psycho

:-D :-D

Just picking.
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just stating the statistics. Just happens to be about accidents in and around the house. :)
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its gone now! Nevermind! :-D
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think he got confused from the lack of food and posted on the wrong topic :D