Hussein sentenced to death

• david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

This one
meman wrote:
You seem to want to kill saddam for killing, Which in it's self is about as backwards as it gets, and they you have the nerve to say you are ok with the killing your country is doing with your money... It basically boils down to one rule for them and another for us, right?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "do as we say not as we do" rule?
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

stop the inanity!

i can't believe how david murphy keeps equating opposition to the execution of saddam by a manufactured court as the only alternative to setting saddam free.

seen, there's a reason why the united states stood alone in having the trial occur in an iraqi tribunal. the rest of the world would have prefered to have seen a similar thing to the nuremburg trials (if they were good enough for the nazis, they should be good enough for saddam).

that reason has something to do with most of the rest of the world preferring to be more civilized, less cruel, more humane people and governments than the people they try.

it also has something to do with some stuff that's transpiring as we converse - most notably the pro-saddam protests going on throughout iraq and baghdad, the escalating sectarian violence in iraq and the condemnation of the ruling by everyone from the EU to the Vatican.

one thing i love about the US domestic propoganda, though, is the argument that, without his execution, saddam would magically manifest an army and run roughshod over the world. i mean, really, aside from charles taylor (who never really went to any jail), there hasn't been much of a record of a person convicted of war crimes going on to do much of anything.

on the bright side, jockeying for the execution of saddam is a great common ground between the u.s. and iran (just about the only other government that finds the death penalty to be appropriate) and maybe we can leverage it into a bright future, skipping hand-in-hand with ahmadenijad down poppy-flower fields in afganistan.

or something.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

roarmeow wrote:
i can't believe how david murphy keeps equating opposition to the execution of saddam by a manufactured court as the only alternative to setting saddam free.

You would probably hold a protest if someone wanted to kill a bug. This is the same thing, squash the *mother-peaching-bug* and be done with it. We live in a throw away society so what difference does it make if it is a killer or a paper plate. Or do you think we should stop throwing away paper plates also?
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

up in canada, we recycle paper plates. we should lobotomize him and make him push carts in loblaws.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
roarmeow wrote:

You would probably hold a protest if someone wanted to kill a bug. This is the same thing, squash the *mother-peaching-bug* and be done with it. We live in a throw away society so what difference does it make if it is a killer or a paper plate. Or do you think we should stop throwing away paper plates also?

Paper plates? What the *peach* are you talking about?
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

he's relating to today's "throw-away" society and equating [degenerate] humans to paper plates thereby implying that they should be thrown away like paper plates.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well one thing's for sure, he's better off where he is than having any of us get ahold of him.

I vote we don't kill him or lock him up for life, no, I vote we put him in one of thoose things, where your neck & wrists are clamped inbetween two pieces of wood & they put you in the middle of town & let people throw tomatoes at you, then just transport around the world & place him in the middle of every town for a few days, depending on town/city size.

How come only a single country gets to decide the fate of someone guilty of crimes against humanity ?
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

think.correctly wrote:
he's relating to today's "throw-away" society and equating [degenerate] humans to paper plates thereby implying that they should be thrown away like paper plates.

glad someone has a clue.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
think.correctly wrote:

glad someone has a clue.

Me too, Shame it isn't you though.. Going by some of the nonsense you come out with.

So, Humanity = throw away society, We throw away plates so that means we should kill people?
  • Nicks John
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Nicks John
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Saddam need not be sentenced to Death,

If he is sentenced, then what about those who kill 6,00,000 people

in Afganistan
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Well one thing's for sure, he's better off where he is than having any of us get ahold of him.

I vote we don't kill him or lock him up for life, no, I vote we put him in one of thoose things, where your neck & wrists are clamped inbetween two pieces of wood & they put you in the middle of town & let people throw tomatoes at you, then just transport around the world & place him in the middle of every town for a few days, depending on town/city size.

How come only a single country gets to decide the fate of someone guilty of crimes against humanity ?

I agree 100%!

He should be tried in every single country that he took a life from. He should not be killed, it just defeats the purpose of making him suffer with his conscience for the rest of his life.

Killing someone like this, is giving them EXACTLY what they want.

I say let him have the rest of his worthless days to think about what he has done.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let's not get into one of them pissing contests where we each try to think of a more barbaric punishment for someone who hasn't directly effected us.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy i dont *agree* with you, i was clarifying your statement. im not pro-capital punishment
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

think.correctly wrote:
david murphy i dont *agree* with you, i was clarifying your statement. im not pro-capital punishment

I didn't say you agreed, just that you understood. That is all.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Let's not get into one of them pissing contests where we each try to think of a more barbaric punishment for someone who hasn't directly effected us.

Saddam was found guilty of crimes against humanity, you tryin to say we aint human ? :?
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even in Islamic law, if he was found guilty (assuming it was a fair trial and strong evidence) the sentence will blood for blood. The sentence must be fair, if he was responsible in the killing of ppl, he then should be executed. Period.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
meman wrote:

Saddam was found guilty of crimes against humanity, you tryin to say we aint human ? :?

Well it is debatable. But i think they are using the word humanity as meaning characteristics of being human rather than meaning the entire human race. I can't see how killing a group of people in a small isolated part of Halabja is a crime against the human race as a whole.

Quote:
Even in Islamic law, if he was found guilty (assuming it was a fair trial and strong evidence) the sentence will blood for blood. The sentence must be fair, if he was responsible in the killing of ppl, he then should be executed. Period.

Does that extend to our leaders and their killing? Or just brown people with moustaches?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know what this means right ?

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Midterm Midtacular? No i don't know what it means.
I don't even think midtacular is a word at all.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Quote:

Does that extend to our leaders and their killing? Or just brown people with moustaches?

From what I understand, islamic law mostly applied for Muslims and non-muslim who lives in a muslim country who implement islamic law will be charged to a different law. So here we have dualism existed in the country which cater for both Muslim and non-Muslim. That is allowed by the Quran. The Quran allows those who are not Muslims to practise the laws of their own religion and the laws which they choose for themselves.

So is it fair to have two sets of law for muslim and non-muslim? a muslim who involve in unmarried sexual intercouse can result in 100 whips / stoned to death (if already married) but a non-muslim jailed for 5 years for the same crime. It's quite complicated to explain this cos this involves with afterlife retribution. It is said that muslim who punished according to Islamic law is spared in the afterlife retribution which is God knows how harsh the punishment can be.

So back to the main question, brown man with a mustache you are categorising based on race and in my comment i do mention about muslim and non-muslim. So in this case, let's assume that the trial is fair and there is a strong evidance proving that Saddam is reponsible in the killing of ppl, so he should be punished according to the law of the country he was presecuted and same goes for any leaders who commit mass murder.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

What do muslims have to do with it?
He wasn't tried in an islamic court under Sharia law.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm sorry for my ignorance. I thought he was on trial under the Sharia law. :oops:
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

If he was they would have cut a finger off each day, poked his eyes out on day 13 and the finale would be him being thrown to a pack of dogs.... Then they would start the trial.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
If he was they would have cut a finger off each day, poked his eyes out on day 13 and the finale would be him being thrown to a pack of dogs.... Then they would start the trial.

So by executing him it would be considered cruel?
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:

From which Sharia are you referring to?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
meman wrote:

So by executing him it would be considered cruel?

The point was more of a stab at the backwardsnes and brutality of sharia law than an opinion on what i think would be good/cruel/bad/justified/expected
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

xfahmix wrote:
meman wrote:

From which Sharia are you referring to?

The kind of sharia law that does this and this. Don't watch the videos if you don't like reality.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:

jb, i know this is a rhetorical question, but i want to answer it anyways!

simple answer: because the united states said so.

the coalition provisional authority (an occupying military power, made up of the u.s., the u.k. and their pals) formed the tribunal in the midst of the interntional community commenting that occupying forces should not establish judicial systems and that saddam, like other war criminals before him, should be tried in an international forum (as were the nazis, milosovec, etc.)

but international trials tend not to lead to execution, so the u.s. decided that it would be better to establish a tribunal, however illegal by international law, that could order an execution.

oh, and joebert, did that daily show banner actually appear on ozzu or did you photoshop that ish in there?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
oh, and joebert, did that daily show banner actually appear on ozzu or did you photoshop that ish in there?

It was there, I about died laughing when I seen it so I had to share. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 125 posts