Hussein sentenced to death

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who are those people in that advert and what do they do?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

jon stewart and stephen colbert...

they have two comedy shows (the daily show and the colbert report, respectively), which lampoon tv news shows and politics...

pretty funny (and absurdly irreverent) stuff...
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't say I watch either show consistently, but I prefer stewart -- colbert is rather annoying.. I never did think his skits on the jon stewart show should've been extended into a full blown show... it was funnier in shorter segments
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't own a TV so i don't know if we see them here. I'll look on the internet for some footage of these people
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
I don't own a TV so i don't know if we see them here. I'll look on the internet for some footage of these people

I am starting to see how you come up with most of your nonsense also, or I could be wrong and your just a little to tight to spring for a telly.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

he comes up with all his "nonsense" from books and other [relatively] unbiased media such as newspapers and magazines, not politically controlled mass media.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

think.correctly wrote:
he comes up with all his "nonsense" from books and other [relatively] unbiased media such as newspapers and magazines, not politically controlled mass media.

Yup, that's where i get it from... I also get it from talk radio and online news (mostly the BBC).

To think that someone needs a TV that displays current event in the format of "funny men" on comedy central is absolutely hilarious. Maybe if you stopped watching comedy central and read a book or two dave you might be able to form an opinion of your own instead of regurgitating what someone else has said on the TV.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

From the Toronto Star [November 8, 2006 - Letters to the Editor]

Saddam is a product of American Policy
Re: U.S. calls Saddam verdict sign of maturity.

If justice was to have any meaningful credibility and democracy was to have any measure of maturity, the US government should have been tried together with Saddam Hussein because its hands were just as bloody as the dictator's hands. Saddam, like other thugs, was a product of America's foreign policy - created, nurtured and discarded in order to serve America's interests.

[Some Vietnamese guy - Toronto]
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

think.correctly wrote:
From the Toronto Star [November 8, 2006 - Letters to the Editor]

Saddam is a product of American Policy
Re: U.S. calls Saddam verdict sign of maturity.

If justice was to have any meaningful credibility and democracy was to have any measure of maturity, the US government should have been tried together with Saddam Hussein because its hands were just as bloody as the dictator's hands. Saddam, like other thugs, was a product of America's foreign policy - created, nurtured and discarded in order to serve America's interests.

[Some Vietnamese guy - Toronto]

So no expert, just some guy and his point of view, from Canada

I was reffering to you using the internet for your research meman. Instant information with a trace of validity.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

He's Vietnamese, He just lives in Canada.
So i guess he knows nothing about american foreign policy, Like their part in the Vietnam war, What with him being from Vietnam and all.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

on the u.s. involvement in bringing saddam hussein to power, here's a little primer...

check this wikipedia entry out for a brief summary of the western nations' support for saddam's regime during the iran-iraq war...

this is a more specific analysis, based on declassified documents, of the regan administration's support of his regime, even in light of his use of chemical weapons against iranians and kurds.

and, finally, but most illuminating, here's a pretty solid summary of what's been going on for the past 30-odd years courtesy of the global policy forum.

perhaps, no canadians or vietnamese people authored the above documents, but, in any case, they are pretty reliable sources and tell the same story of the u.s. support of the rise of saddam hussein as well as the maintenance of his power.

to be fair, though, it wasn't just the u.s., although we did play an overwhelmingly significant role in getting the man into power in the first place.

cheers,
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish to change my view, if we are to kill sadam hussein we must kill every leader for the last thirty years..... every leader...... every country
.....hang them ........hang them all
or :behead: or :brutal01: or :explodesmilie: each one works for me.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would just like to say....he deserves it....look how many inosent people he has killed....
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any word on when this is comming to Pay-Per-View yet ?
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Any word on when this is comming to Pay-Per-View yet ?

I think you'd be better off with Google Video. :wink:
  • good guy
  • good guy

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
I wish to change my view, if we are to kill sadam hussein we must kill every leader for the last thirty years..... every leader...... every country
.....hang them ........hang them all
or :behead: or :brutal01: or :explodesmilie: each one works for me.

Bush is doing worser things than Sadaam, Sadaam is leader that is choosen by Iraq people so why bother them, but NO american politician have to stick their nose into every hole in this planet.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

good guy wrote:
Sadaam is leader that is choosen by Iraq people

I hope you are joking.
If your not you should do some research.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Saddam was an elected leader of a sovereign nation. Regardless if you agree with what he done or the way politics works in that county he was elected to be leader by the Iraqi people.

So if a "coalition" kicks out an elected leader in a sovereign nation and puts in their own farcical "goverment", what do we call that?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
So if a "coalition" kicks out an elected leader in a sovereign nation and puts in their own farcical "goverment", what do we call that?

As American as Apple Pie ?
  • david17
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: princeton, nj

Post 3+ Months Ago

oops..
  • david17
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

if we hate so much hussein for killing all those people (which is true and should spend the rest of his miserable life in prison) ...how come we don't hate, invade cuba and kill CASTRO ..? didn't he murder a lot of cubans also ? how come we didn't hate and kill PINOCHET ? didn't he kill thousands of chileans? how come we don't hate those little african countries rulers? don't they kill millions ?
answer: because they have no *plum* of oil ..!

why didn't american condemn irak when they killed the kurds, wasn't that in the 80's ?
answer: because he was our buddy trying to wipe out iran from the map, so if he killed a couple hundred thousand of kurds in the process...oh well, we all make mistakes.

i agree with meman, we are as guilty as that piece of *plum*, remember vietnam, we had no reason to be there and look the outcome in its population due to the bombs/chemicals.

the troops will always be supported, but not the rulers who send them to get killed for no reason.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

The U.S. - given its current state of affairs within politics - will always remain driven according to special interests groups as long as it remains one of the worlds main powers.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this is the point of election when he first came into power.
Hussy gets elected
Quote:
He forced the ailing al-Bakr to resign on July 16, 1979, and formally assumed the presidency.

And for those who belive this is about Oil, it is true that we get Oil from Iraq, but we get more from Mexico and Canada. You don't see us attacking them do you?
And it would be a much easier fight ......both at the same time. :lol!: Granted it is much eaiser to go overseas start a war and export the black gold.

The reason Jr. picked a fight with "sad dam" comes down to the southern belief of "You beat my daddy, now I must beat you" complex.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did the ballot look like this ?

Quote:
Please select your choice for President

A) Shoot me in the face
B) Wipe my family tree off the face of the earth
C) Saddam Hussein
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Did the ballot look like this ?

Quote:
Please select your choice for President

A) Shoot me in the face
B) Wipe my family tree off the face of the earth
C) Saddam Hussein

It does some what.
The rest of the ballot looked like this
Quote:
D) Dead
E) Dead
F) Dead
G) Dead
H) Dead
I) Dead
J) Dead
K) Dead
L) Dead
M) Dead
N) Dead
O) Dead
P) Dead
Q) Dead
S) Dead
T) Dead
U) Dead
V) Dead
W) Dead
X) Dead
Y) Dead
Z) Dead
  • david17
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

and now bush wants to send more troops, i'd wish he had a son who got drafted and sent there, most likely he'd be so stupid that he'd shoot himself.
if we worry so much about how presidents are elected in their countries why don't we invade north korea (they do have nukes) or cuba?
let's leave the rest of the planet alone.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
why don't we invade North Korea (they do have nukes) or Cuba?

Quote:
The United States, China, South Korea, Russia and Japan have tried to persuade North Korea for three years to end its nuclear programs in return for diplomatic and financial benefits.

There's 5 reasons, in no particular order, why North Korea isn't being invaded.

1) The United States
2) China
3) South Korea
4) Russia
5) Japan

Kim's not foolish, he knows that there's no chance of N.K. surviving a nuclear war.
He just likes all the attention & wants to see how much he can milk the U.N. for.

Castro's no threat, no reason to invade Cuba.
  • david17
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

was saddam a threat after the 1991 sanctions?
bush said he was and so far we haven't found the famous nukes, that is why we invaded, we knew there were no nukes to be used against us.
the thing with north korea is that eventhough it is a economicly broken country, they do have nukes, so that is a dangerous toy that can be used against us.
why don't we persuade israel from getting rid of all its nukes?
too much bulliness.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What would happen if North Korea managed to get a Nuke close enough to Japan to break up some land with a hefty earthquake ?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
I think this is the point of election when he first came into power.
Hussy gets elected
Quote:
He forced the ailing al-Bakr to resign on July 16, 1979, and formally assumed the presidency.

Welcome to politics... If we are going to criticize politics we have to start looking a lot closer to home. You guys have this (among other things) and we have Tony Blair deciding who gets to be PM after he quits. so to justify a war and an execution by pointing out that politics is corrupt makes no sense, We all know it's corrupt, It's corrupt everywhere.

The war was for WMD wasn't it? no, Wait. it was to free Iraq from a dictator. Hang on, What IS the official reason for the war? It seems to change based on what lies are exposed.

Quote:

And for those who belive this is about Oil, it is true that we get Oil from Iraq, but we get more from Mexico and Canada. You don't see us attacking them do you?
And it would be a much easier fight ......both at the same time. :lol!: Granted it is much eaiser to go overseas start a war and export the black gold.

Mexico and Canada pretty much do as they are told. For instance, They aren't threatening trade oil in euros and devalue the dollar.

This war makes me think of a crack head whos worried his dealer will stop selling him crack.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 125 posts