Hussein sentenced to death

• david17
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: princeton, nj

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman you should run for the presidency, you got my vote. as you said, it's all about world dominance and greediness.
why don't we talk about UFO's instead ? they don't seem to be interested in OIL, only in COWS for what i know, and we got plenty of that.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Welcome to politics... If we are going to criticize politics we have to start looking a lot closer to home. You guys have this (among other things) and we have Tony Blair deciding who gets to be PM after he quits. so to justify a war and an execution by pointing out that politics is corrupt makes no sense, We all know it's corrupt, It's corrupt everywhere.

The war was for WMD wasn't it? no, Wait. it was to free Iraq from a dictator. Hang on, What IS the official reason for the war? It seems to change based on what lies are exposed.

Hi meman, I checked out that site and find that the authors (Angry Girl and Bob Rowe) hold allot of credibility..........for being able to write HMTL. You can go anywhere and find stuff like what they put together. Heck you could find sites that still support Husseins' innocence from doing anything wrong. Tony is not really discussed much over here, but it's been so long since your country had a set the people don't know how to react.
And for the lies part, you have to excuse them a little most of them are old and forget what day it is.
There hasn't been a violent coup in the US as with the dictator/peasent sociteties.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Hi meman, I checked out that site and find that the authors (Angry Girl and Bob Rowe) hold allot of credibility..........for being able to write HMTL.

So they are liars and are making it all up? Perhaps you could point out what statments are untrue and we can look into it...

Quote:
You can go anywhere and find stuff like what they put together.

I don't see how being able to find "stuff like what they put together" in many places is supposed to discredit what they say. If anything the more common "stuff like what they put together" is, the more it supports what they are saying.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
So they are liars and are making it all up? Perhaps you could point out what statments are untrue and we can look into it...

So what if people are related to each other. That's the way it is. Politics has become or gone back to having to be born in it or groomed for it. You could say the rich or do haves get the results and the poor or don't haves don't get them.

It has nothing to do with Saddam Hussein getting the noose. The only fact here is he's gonna poop his pants .
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
BAGHDAD, Dec. 26 -- Iraq's highest court upheld Saddam Hussein's death sentence Tuesday, opening the way for the former Iraqi president to be hanged within 30 days, Iraqi judicial officials said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00302.html

Quote:
In Mosul, college student Sardar Mohamad Hassan, 25, said Hussein should not be executed because he still faces charges of crimes against humanity in at least a dozen other cases.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing thoose dozen other countries would reach the same verdict to hang his ass. Why delay the inevitable ? What if one of thoose other countries sentences him to life imprisonment ? Would that start a war over who gets to punish Saddam ?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

The person who owns the diebold paperless voting system company is a Bush campaign organizer and donor.. chuck hagel, Republican Senator, Owns 35% of ES&S.

I find it frighteneing that you would assume for one second that the piece in that article that worries me is the relationships between people.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
The person who owns the diebold paperless voting system company is a Bush campaign organizer and donor.. chuck hagel, Republican Senator, Owns 35% of ES&S.

I find it frighteneing that you would assume for one second that the piece in that article that worries me is the relationships between people.

So what if the voting system is flawed...BFD. That is why they use a checks and balances system to determine. If the states with all of the people want something for the whole country, wouldn't you think that every state should have a choice? And whoever owns whatever company doesn't matter. Remember Bush wasn't the popular vote getter. If there was any conspiracy from the company in question, they failed mis·er·a·bly. He won due to the electoral college.

By the way this still has nothing to do with Hussein being hung and crapping his pants. lol.. I wonder if they will place a fan beneath him and when it happens the reporters can actually say "The Sh*t Hit The Fan This Morning"
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
So what if the voting system is flawed...BFD.

If you can't see what the "BFD" about a flawed, potentially (probably) corrupt voting system is then there is no point even trying to explain it to you, I doubt you would be able to grasp it.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
So what if the voting system is flawed...BFD. That is why they use a checks and balances system to determine. If the states with all of the people want something for the whole country, wouldn't you think that every state should have a choice? And whoever owns whatever company doesn't matter. Remember Bush wasn't the popular vote getter. If there was any conspiracy from the company in question, they failed mis·er·a·bly. He won due to the electoral college.

By the way this still has nothing to do with Hussein being hung and crapping his pants. lol.. I wonder if they will place a fan beneath him and when it happens the reporters can actually say "The Sh*t Hit The Fan This Morning"

I fail to see how you can imply that the checks and balances system somehow 'fixes' or corrects a flawed voting system... it doesn't. Especially when that checks and balances system is run by whatever is the current majority, be it Republican or Democratic party - what do you think the differences will be determined by? Good will and honesty? Unlikely. Take a look a the electoral college system a bit closer - it is a system which sounds and looks good on paper, but having it applied, especially in recent elections, shows how much it has been taken advantage of in every possible method.

As I stated before, America is a country which is run by those with special interests - whatever those interests may be (oil, land, trade, government, etc..) - will influence decisions made in foreign policy. Enter the Middle-East.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Quote:

If you can't see what the "BFD" about a flawed, potentially (probably) corrupt voting system is then there is no point even trying to explain it to you, I doubt you would be able to grasp it.

The only thing I fail to grasp is why you keep going on about a totally off topic argument. If you want to argue about the United States political system start a new thread. I'm sure there will be plenty of people for you to argue with. Plus you do have a degree in Jack Squat when talking about the american voting system, so I can see the potential in post replies. Maybe you can enlighten the rest of us on how the voting system works or is run in Jolly ol England.

mr_darek is free to have his views. But if he doesn't vote or hasn't registered he will always be anti-government and find things that suck about our country. I know one vote doesn't matter but people shouldn't gripe if they didn't vote themselves. Hey but if you did vote keep bitching cause it's working :iconthumbright:
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

By the way what happend to that thirty day time frame?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
By the way what happend to that thirty day time frame?

I think that was starting on or about the 26th of December. ;)
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

ohh one last christmas gift. I see ..lol
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like they're on the ball.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/29/world ... r=homepage
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hallelujah!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like he's a dead man.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16389128/

Damn, david murphy, you got some sort of magic 8-ball in front of you ? Wanna ask when I'm going to win the lottery while you're at it ?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
meman wrote:
Quote:

The only thing I fail to grasp is why you keep going on about a totally off topic argument. If you want to argue about the United States political system start a new thread. I'm sure there will be plenty of people for you to argue with. Plus you do have a degree in Jack Squat when talking about the american voting system, so I can see the potential in post replies.

I like how things become "offtopic" generally around the time you find yourself burried in your own ignorance. The thing is, dave, You seem to like to express opinions on matters that you evidently know nothing about, Then when people confuse you with trivial things like, Ya know, Facts and evidence, you have to run away screaming "offtopic! offtopic!" with your fingers in your ears.
david murphy wrote:
mr_darek is free to have his views.

That's nice of you to allow him to do that... He will be pleased.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Looks like he's a dead man.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16389128/

Damn, david murphy, you got some sort of magic 8-ball in front of you ? Wanna ask when I'm going to win the lottery while you're at it ?

That is a shame I wasn't even around to see the breaking news. No magic 8-ball joebert just some barbaric, cowardly, death wishing wisdom.
Oh yea you do have some luck coming your way and your gonna win fifty dollars. The only thing is you have to buy10 $10.00 scratch offs. :lol:

meman I must have been mistaken, you would never go off topic and I couldn't imagine where I would get that from.
meman wrote:
That's nice of you to allow him to do that... He will be pleased.

Again it's his choice, not mine, and definitely not yours.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any video coverage about the execution on the net?
I checked rotten.com and this is all Ifound.
  • black_cat
  • Born
  • Born
  • black_cat
  • Loc: europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I were Sadam, my last wish would be G.W.Bush hanging right beside me.
  • neverwalkalone
  • Born
  • Born
  • neverwalkalone

Post 3+ Months Ago

im sure a video will be leaked
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

CNN has a video of them putting the noose around his neck.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

david murphy wrote:
if he doesn't vote or hasn't registered he will always be anti-government and find things that suck about our country. I know one vote doesn't matter but people shouldn't gripe if they didn't vote themselves. Hey but if you did vote keep bitching cause it's working :iconthumbright:

So as long as I've voted - regardless of what the outcome is I have a more legitimate reason to criticize what I see as flaws? And if I did not vote, I have no right to criticize at all? Right.

Its the notion that any fools [or person, if you prefer] vote in a capitalistic society has any actual value that adds to pile of reasons the majority of America's population (that includes you) sits with the wool pulled over their eyes by people they'll never meet and don't even know exist.

Quote:
"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is now controlled by its system of credit. We are no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."
-- President Woodrow Wilson, 1919

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/ - maybe you can donate a buck or two and really do something to help your country - to make sure people are well informed.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek wrote:
david murphy wrote:
if he doesn't vote or hasn't registered he will always be anti-government and find things that suck about our country. I know one vote doesn't matter but people shouldn't gripe if they didn't vote themselves. Hey but if you did vote keep bitching cause it's working :iconthumbright:

So as long as I've voted - regardless of what the outcome is I have a more legitimate reason to criticize what I see as flaws? And if I did not vote, I have no right to criticize at all? Right.

Its the notion that any fools [or person, if you prefer] vote in a capitalistic society has any actual value that adds to pile of reasons the majority of America's population (that includes you) sits with the wool pulled over their eyes by people they'll never meet and don't even know exist.

Quote:
"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is now controlled by its system of credit. We are no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."
-- President Woodrow Wilson, 1919

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/ - maybe you can donate a buck or two and really do something to help your country - to make sure people are well informed.

lol
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Interesting videos on there mr_darek.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

they shouldnt have killed the poor guy, now the shiites are gonna make an atomic bomb out of ordinary household materials and blow us to smitherines.

ill tell ya what they should've done.....make a clone of the guy and feed him ideas to convince the shiites that the way they interpret the quran and the things they are doing is wrong!. voila
saddam was a genius, in all the negative ways, sorta like lex luthor.
  • carbonbloodflow
  • Born
  • Born
  • carbonbloodflow

Post 3+ Months Ago

would prefer life in prison
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

carbonbloodflow wrote:

Would you like to volunteer a few of your family members to guard that prison cell ? I guarentee it would have been a nerve racking job.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's over .....let it go
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
carbonbloodflow wrote:

Would you like to volunteer a few of your family members to guard that prison cell ? I guarentee it would have been a nerve racking job.

While it's true that putting saddam in a prison of sorts would have presented some serious security issues, I don't think executions should be used simply because alternatives are a bit of a headache.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 125 posts